Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not as upset as I thought I would be 23:09 - Aug 22 with 4134 viewsqueensparker

A 4-1 doing at home to Brentford is never good, Caulker looks a long way from ever playing in a decent team again, and that first half an hour was some historically woeful defending, but came away from tonight (OK I walked out at 4-1) not feeling too bad for some reason.

We played a complete second XI tonight against a half decent team, and predictably for 30 minutes we had no f--king idea what we were doing and we were 3-0 down. Caulker completely to blame for the first, terrible defending from a corner for the second, keeper should easily have snaffled the third by steaming off htis line.

But after that, we got into the game, we showed spirit, heads didn't go down, and until they got the fourth we looked dangerous. We really should have got back to one goal difference, and if we had Brentford looked fragile as f--k and I reckon we would have got a result.

Chair looked really useful, Sylla played well, Pav did his usual, we were piling in crosses, Freeman did his usual thing when he came on, there was plenty there to show there's some depth in this squad, and I reckon our first team would have won that game easily. Can't wait for the league game.

Really surprising crowd and atmosphere as well, shame the team couldn't live up to it.

I dunno, maybe I'm just so used to us being s--t in the cup, but I always thought we'd lose this game anyway so for our reserve team (which it is), then there's enough in that squad (Chair/Furlong/Sylla/Ariel) and way more character than we had 12 months ago.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 23:22]

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 23:13 - Aug 22 with 4103 viewssexton

Pretty fair summary.

I was very impressed with Chair. Lots of neat twists and turns and generally very comfortable on the ball.

Oh dear. What has happened to Manning?

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 23:22 - Aug 22 with 4044 viewsLblock

Impressed with Chair? Why? What positive contributions did he make? Give me three and I'll eat me bar stool

Good touch on him but Christ he's weak, brushed off the ball countless times
In his defence I think he played in about 4 different positions

I'll not write him off as he's got touch, doesn't hide and a willing worker; but I saw no decent passes, no shots, no tackles (much like every player)
Like to see him with s more balanced and committed team around him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 23:29 - Aug 22 with 4018 viewsstevec

If anything watching that tonight made me think we are dangerously short on cover when injuries and suspensions pile up.

Polish centre mid and Manning were woeful, Furlong isn't improving, god help us if Ned goes the chuckle brothers at centre back were embarrassing. Ngabakoto not good enough or strong enough.

Chair stuck at it, Robinson ok but nothing great, hardly cause for optimism.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 23:35 - Aug 22 with 3997 viewssexton

Not impressed with a technically proficient 19 year old making his first full appearance, playing behind our second string forward line? We'd better sign Messi then.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 23:44 - Aug 22 with 3942 viewsDejR_vu

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:02 - Aug 23 with 3854 viewsBrightonhoop

Really? Their best win at HQ since the Clubs were established.

Seething doesn't even begin and I should not post.

So I will leave it at that.

Either Ollie sticks to his winning squad or goes.

I'd prefer he goes after that. His excuse was 10 changes.

So don't fking change it. To them. He either needs an arm around him or punching into the car park.

Livid don't touch the sides. Fck off Ollie. Areeba durce, Adios, Bon voyage.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:07 - Aug 23 with 3817 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@Brighton - "Fck off Ollie. Areeba durce, Adios, Bon voyage."

Carabye?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:13 - Aug 23 with 3783 viewsBrightonhoop

Yes the 4.30 bus to Crawley via Gatwick pls, on a one way.

Never want to see him turn out a QPR side again.

Sack the fcker in the morning for the grace of god.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:18 - Aug 23 with 3762 viewsDeepcutHoop

As long as no-one is over-reacting to the annual early cup exit then.....

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:27 - Aug 23 with 3714 viewsRBlock

I'm not one to agree with Lblock ever, but I can't think of many positive contributions Chair made either truth be told. When he came on late and ran at Northampton he looked threatening, but from the start here today he was anonymous for me. The midfield three all had a bad game. Manning was poor, and Borysiuk dove into challenges making him too easy to beat as a result. Chair did very little IMO though. He can twist well on the ball, but he didn't get on the ball in dangerous enough spaces. Now part of that will be down to the general dirge we were subject to, but I also didn't see him hunting for the ball in those areas and moving in between the lines as we did against Northampton. In mitigation he is young, the quality in opposition is stark, he did get shuffled around, and he was playing in a second string against local rivals in need of a win [hint of Goss's cameo v Brentford last year]. Still excited to see more of him going forward though, and far from writing him off.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 0:30]

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:32 - Aug 23 with 3697 viewsRBlock

And also agree with OP. First half was entirely depressing, but the second went very differently and we were the better side. Freeman was fantastic when he came on, Furlong was solid in the air, defensively as well as offensively. After the late display the anger had withered somewhat.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 0:33]

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 00:41 - Aug 23 with 3658 viewsBrightonhoop

Great...4-1 at HQ.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 03:15 - Aug 23 with 3523 viewstimcocking

Pleased to read this slightly more thoughtful post.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 08:26 - Aug 23 with 3256 viewskingo

I was also not as upset as I thought I would be but that could have been because I was more worried about our back up players, especially now Hall, Lynch and Perch are out. We were fine for 10 minutes and then Manning (I think) was fouled, we stopped and the ref didn't give it and we were horribly exposed down our left. Brentford then raided down the left and we seemed to go to pieces. I said last night that Manning was giving not cover from midfield and Robinson and Caulker and Baptiste were ripped to pieces. Better second half and showed how important Freeman is, and how important his combination with Scowen and Luongo is. But our lack of cover players was worrying.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 08:52 - Aug 23 with 3192 viewspaulparker

I thought we created some decent chances and played some decent stuff once freeman got on the ball but that's the positives over with , it was men against boys they looked like they could score at will every time they went forward , we were so weak and ive covered born again caulker on another thread

chair was ok, looked neat and tidy but that was it , he lacked support and some one to make a run for him , I cant figure out what Yenni is , is he a striker a winger ? he has this schoolboy knack of just standing around with his arms in the air, he also should have buried that header , if we get an offer in or our money back I would get rid , we would have been better off playing Eze

manning for me was trying to hard , he seemed a headless chicken and was getting over run and frustrated, he was hung out to dry by olly by being played with Ariel who is woeful I don't see the potential in him or what other fans see , sorry

Robinson is the one I think is a shame so much potential but he looks brittle and unfit since that injury ,

all in all another woeful cup performance and against Brentford who must wish they can play us every week

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 09:12 - Aug 23 with 3140 viewsDorse

In summary, it appears that the gob-bummery is consistent, however, the relative piss-boiling temperatures vary tremendously.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 09:38 - Aug 23 with 3066 viewsenfieldargh

You must have been looking in DFS shop window last night at the wrong Chair.

Good grief man!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 10:12 - Aug 23 with 2995 viewsThe_Mole

Now the dust has settled, shall we put last night into perspective...

The Haribo Cup or whatever it's called these days has completely lost it's identity and value, especially after the latest debacle in the far east! Some Prem clubs get a buy to round 2/3 and despite it being the only silverware we have, the modern day club just see it as a training exercise for their squad and I fear the FA cup competition could go this way in the not too distant future - sad.

That said, last night Holloway was fighting a losing battle before a ball had even been kicked. If he fielded a full strength team or even 5/6 first teamers and one or two of them pulled up with injury, which we've seen on many occasions, the usual Facebook brigade would be on his case calling him all sorts of names for risking his best in a 'nothing' game.

So he fields, which on paper is still a strong 11 and should have done better than they did, a second string to give important first team squad players 'game time' - this sadly back fired and again Holloway is to blame!

People talk about this being a London derby against the kn0bs from down the road and the players/coaching staff should care more, show more pride etc... how many fans turned up and 'cared' last night for such a 'big game?' Not only that, you've got idiots in the Paddocks throwing pelters at the players and Holloway when he's trying to gee them and encourage a missed place pass or bad touch; how can anyone expect the team to do well under such negative vibes?

I think some need to assess the season so far and look at the bigger picture here. We're currently exceeding all expectations in the league and this clearly is our priority once again this season. We have a huge game at the weekend to Cardiff where everyone needs to be on their game and most importantly the fans need to stop moaning from their armchairs and get down to HQ and start encouraging for once as we all know what a packed Loftus Road is like?!

YOU R'S

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 10:17 - Aug 23 with 2984 viewsDejR_vu

I don't think you can accuse the supporters of not caring because they didn't turn up when you have a cup record like ours. They don't go because the club doesn't take the cups seriously and we lose almost every game. If the club starts caring I'm sure the fans will go back.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 10:40 - Aug 23 with 2923 viewsPhildo

Some thoughtful stuff amongst the above.

The league cup is and always has been a good competition to give a player like Chair a taste. Players who go on to be very good have to adapt and learn and this is the sort of game to do it in and often have a baptism of fire. Some of you will have watched your kids play sport (as I have) and seen how hard it is for them each time they step up a level.

We learned a fair bit last night. For Caulker he may have learned a little himself - you cannot abuse you body over a long period of time and expect to be able to slip back in after 6 weeks of training and looking after yourself.

Its a delicate balance and it is never pleasant getting shellacked by a neighbour but overall I am not going to overreact. A bad game should not write off a player who has shown plenty of promise (Manning).

We are not in a position to buy in players who have been through it all and can walk into games- we need to develop players. We are way behind Brentford in development time doing this.

The trouble is the clubs charge us all to go and see these games and we as paying customers expect a bit of payback. The way forward might be for these games to be free or very low cost in future

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 10:43 - Aug 23 with 2910 viewsfrancisbowles

I wouldn't write any one of our players off after last night. It is difficult to play well when all around you are not playing well. Even Mackie couldn't get going last night. Freeman got us going a bit but then our finishing was poor. All in all a very disappointing night but we now have to get back to the league.

Will be interesting to see how anyone drafted into the team gets on when playing within a more settled side.

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 2871 viewskingo

I said last night that we could probably get away with putting one or two of those in with the established players but all 11 was a big ask. Ollie, like me, was probably hoping that one or two would take the opportunity to shine. But the only player who shone was Freeman. But I am still optimistic of how we do when Scowen, Luongo and Freeman are in the team, as well as the covervyjst Ned provided with his pace.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 11:07 - Aug 23 with 2838 viewsRangersDave

Bottom line here is that last nights game was worth a fiver if that!

Non first team football, a cup match we weren't bothering with, and a couldn't care less attitude as 'it's only the cup and we are concentrating on the league' ......I wonder how much that will bite us on the arse if we struggle this season or get (possibly) relegated?

Oh for a cup run.

So we fleeced the fans from both sides when it could have been a very full evening at HQ, not the under !0k we got at silly money prices.

A lesson hasn't been learned, but maybe, just maybe, someone has opened a beady eye and seen the light today.

The whole debacle isn't nice and in many ways pretty shocking for a 'caring' club such as ours.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Not as upset as I thought I would be on 11:16 - Aug 23 with 2817 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

You could have paid people a fiver and you wouldn't have that many more through the door. The easiest thing if it bothers people that much is to not go. Surely?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024