Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk 10:47 - Sep 6 with 7356 viewsrichranger

Says no plans to sell QPR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/41172655/no-plans-to-sell-qpr-says-chairman-tony-fe

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 10:55 - Sep 6 with 5970 viewsDorse

Hard Talk:

'Do you want some?'
'Are you looking at my bird?'
'Did you spill my pint?'

(Also known as the Bermondsey Pub Quiz)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 11:12 - Sep 6 with 5922 viewsichbinnaughty

Against the grain of many opinions on here, I think the amount of shid that Tony gets is really way OTT.
Undeniably, with the power of hindsight, you can look back at decisions taken, certain signings, events that have and haven't, social profile and so on, in a dim light.
But he is undeniably a decent, open, well-intentioned bloke; and when many of the decisions were taken, or spending sanctioned on most players - I think that the fan-base at large was supportive, excited, and on-board with it.
Replacing Warnock with Hughes - at the time, accepted to be 'necessary' to safeguard our place in the Premier League.
Allowing Hughes to spend - at the time, supported, as we had only just avoided relegation.
Replacing Hughes with Redknapp - awful start to the season, and a man who was largely the preferred choice for England manager (IMAGINE) (after his exploits with Spuds - in the Champions League) was available - seemed a no brainer..........
Signing the likes of Caesar (World Cup winner, Brazil's no1), SWP (decent scoring record for the scum, City & England), Ji Sung Park (Champions League winner, and big profile in Air Asia/Tune's home continent), Samba (we desperately needed to plug a leaky defence) etc etc etc . mostly made sense.
YES they didn't fit in with QPR's profile and traditions - but we were in a new era of Premier League glamour/money/profile = and were trying to compete with other clubs....and this is how it was (and is, and continues to be).
Big Tone has only ever tried to do what's best in the club's interests.
I look at some owners, and am grateful he's not a monster. It would be so much 'more QPR' to get saddled with an asset-stripping, name-changing, club-merging ego-maniac.
He's not perfect, but he's a decent man (if occasionally misguided and/or ill-advised).

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 11:46 - Sep 6 with 5815 viewsdaveB

He's made a pigs ear of it but whether it was by accident or some sort of plan I like the way the club is working now and what they are trying to do. Will be interesting to see what he does if QPR ever get promoted again

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 11:49 - Sep 6 with 5802 viewsFDC

Yeah that would be quite telling.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 11:50 - Sep 6 with 5798 viewsNorthernr

Would very much depend on whether Hoos is here or not. I'd love us to go up with Hoos even if we lost every game and came straight back after one season because I think he'd make sure the TV money and the parachute payments would set the club up for life.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 12:07 - Sep 6 with 5725 viewsDorse

That strategy can certainly pay off. WBA did this previously knowing full well that they would be relegated, consolidate and go back up after a season in the Championship. I remember paper interviews where they seemed pretty open about it and managed the fans' expectations well.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 12:44 - Sep 6 with 5603 viewskensalriser

Great post ichbin.

The thing we tend to forget is that we were woefully ill-prepared for that first season back in the prem. We had one quixotic playmaker and a team that had somehow played beyond the sum of its parts. Only two of those players have gone on to have Premier League careers, both were loans and neither played the full promotion season. Then we got further in the mire with Briatore and Ecclestone's funding embargo and subsequent scramble for overpriced oddments by the new board.

We were set up to fail.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 12:54 - Sep 6 with 5551 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Spot on ichbinn

Shock to read a sensible post on this forum.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 13:02 - Sep 6 with 5510 viewsNorthernr

Spot on ichbinn

Shock to read a post I agree with on this forum.

Fixed that for you.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 13:22 - Sep 6 with 5441 viewsPunteR

And yet those championship players ended up being relied on to keep us up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 13:47 - Sep 6 with 5360 viewsBostonR

He is a honourable person and admits his mistakes.

However, don't be fooled as there is a very savvy businessman under the surface. Would love to know what the OOC position is - suspect the very large investment resources he has access to have driven a position on that land.

I wish him well and I hope it works out for him and the Board - they deserve it.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 13:50 - Sep 6 with 5348 viewsenfieldargh

TF takes to Twitter a lot and I think the guy takes the twitter trolls criticism with a pinch of salt unlike Briatore who wanted the name of every QPR fan that booed him.

It didnt work all the money throwing antics but thats in the past and thinking about where we might be today had other decisions been made wont make a jot of difference.

One thing that would get his credibility rankings up would be a spade and the word training ground underway.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 14:05 - Sep 6 with 5302 viewsSimonJames

I lost my trust in his judgement with his "promotion means everything" post.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 14:12 - Sep 6 with 5278 viewsAgedR

Not sure there are people queuing up to buy.

It was a bit of a daft question if you ask me.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 14:28 - Sep 6 with 5233 viewsBostonR

Everything has a price. I doubt he will sell - they are in it for the long-term.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk (n/t) on 14:34 - Sep 6 with 5215 viewsjohnhoop

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 14:36 - Sep 6 with 5207 viewsjohnhoop

Apologies Clive,accidentally downvoted your post above when I meant to do the opposite. Is there any way of correcting a vote when you've done it?

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 15:13 - Sep 6 with 5116 viewssimmo

No but you have to stand by your mistake and genuinely disagree with the post forever.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 15:33 - Sep 6 with 5062 viewsChurchie

I tried to upvote twice i liked the post for Tony so much! So much positivity on this site today.

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 16:02 - Sep 6 with 4995 viewsjohnhoop

Is ritual disembowelment Japanese style considered sufficient penance?

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 17:21 - Sep 6 with 4865 viewssimmo

Harakiri seems a bit much but it's not stupid if it works

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 17:59 - Sep 6 with 4783 viewsNorthernr

We're going to get walloped on Saturday aren't we?

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 18:36 - Sep 6 with 4707 viewswhittocksRs

As much as I like Fernandes — and in an era of horrible club ownership he is nowhere close to the worst and clearly cares about QPR — it is damning that literally nothing has happened to improve the infrastructure of the club since he's joined. No training ground, no stadium, not even any real improvements to Loftus Road. Every other London club has managed some type of progress in the past five years, so I'm not having that 'London is hard to do anything in' argument.

But we could be Blackburn, Coventry or Blackpool with someone else, and he was good enough to suck up the overspend and kill the debt himself — so that's to his credit.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 18:36]

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 18:36 - Sep 6 with 4706 viewsMelakaRanger

Here here. Well said!

Interview with Tony on BBC Hard Talk on 18:52 - Sep 6 with 4663 viewstimcocking

Tony's cool as fcuk.

He's the only good billionaire alive ffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024