Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s against Coventry live on the official site 13:35 - Oct 9 with 3894 viewsqueensparker

Starts in a bit. Grant Hall's playing, which is f--king good news.

Just a PSA in case anyone's having a "quiet day at work" like me...

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 13:36 - Oct 9 with 3887 viewsaston_hoop

Grant Hall starting is the best news coming out of this club in months, vital player to get back and fit. Hopefully we won't rush him and we'll keep him fit for the season now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 13:43 - Oct 9 with 3866 viewsaston_hoop

Dieng; Kakay, Caulker, Hall, Fox; Tilt, Goss, Borysiuk, Shodipo; Rowe; Oteh.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:01 - Oct 9 with 3815 viewsTacticalR

14:00 start
https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/live/u23s-live/

Air hostess clique

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:15 - Oct 9 with 3785 viewsrichranger

Shodipo playing too - his first game of the season.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:22 - Oct 9 with 3756 viewsBrightonhoop

Goss looking better. Caulker not exactly dominant.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:24 - Oct 9 with 3745 viewssmegma

Once again only 4 subs

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:33 - Oct 9 with 3714 viewssmegma

And it shows.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:38 - Oct 9 with 3699 viewssmegma

Typical. Shodipo scores on 37 minutes. Dreadful mistake by keeper dropping a cross

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:39 - Oct 9 with 3689 viewsBrightonhoop

Boost to his confidence.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:40 - Oct 9 with 3677 viewssimmo

My 9 year old would have caught that... This game holds literally no interest for me beyond Hall getting some minutes. Sick of seeing Caulker in a QPR shirt too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:48 - Oct 9 with 3640 viewsWadR

Shodipo has grown into it, improved in the last 15.

Great to see Hall back out on the pitch, looks totally comfortable, as you'd hope.

Kakay has been v impressive coming forward, Goss showing some nice touches and Charlie Fox looks decent considering he's, at a guess, the youngest player on the pitch.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 14:52 - Oct 9 with 3623 viewsBrightonhoop

Some nice passing, Shodipo getting more into it, Grant Hall looking like's he not been away, feeding the left side well.
Coventry a good oppo test for them all too.
Switching to three at the back has changed it alot. Getting forwards well on the right too.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:05 - Oct 9 with 3567 viewsTacticalR

A must-win game for me.

Air hostess clique

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:06 - Oct 9 with 3561 viewssmegma

Grant Hall replaced by Giles Phillips at HT.
Charlie Fox replaced by Zenon Stylianides as well.

Goss now playing left in a back 3.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:14 - Oct 9 with 3522 viewsBrightonhoop

Caulker remains on. Grant Hall should be back to full fitness in a coule of weeks.

Quite impressed with playing high up the pitch.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:15 - Oct 9 with 3516 viewssmegma

53 mins. Brilliant cross by Shodipo on the left eluded Rowe in the box, Kakay retrieved it at the far post, cut inside a defender onto his left and his shot was cleared off the line. We've stepped up a gear this half.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 3495 viewsBrightonhoop

Kakay's pretty good, skinning their LB now.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:24 - Oct 9 with 3487 viewssmegma

Shodipo replaced by Dan Darbyshire on 63 just as he was getting some decent crosses in.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:32 - Oct 9 with 3456 viewsBrightonhoop

He was taking some punishment for the first half hour. And got the goal so better to replace him before he gets crocked.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 15:42]

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:45 - Oct 9 with 3409 viewsderbyhoop

Interesting mix of the really young and squad players that need a good run out.

Fox, Darbyshire and Rowe being the former; Caulker, Hall, Goss, Borysiuk in the latter. Not been impressed by Borysiuk.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 15:58 - Oct 9 with 3354 viewsderbyhoop

Finished 1-0. U23s have gone top of PDL 2, taking over from Coventry.

The bad news was that we finished with 9. Oteh and Rowe both off injured after all subs used.

The other thing to remember is that Hammellainen, Petrasso, Manning, Grego-Cox, Smyth, Owens and Paul are all away on international duty.
There's definitely a decent set of lads available from the U23s. Whether any (many?) are capable of stepping up to first team level is another thing.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 16:19]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 16:49 - Oct 9 with 3225 viewssmegma

Hilarious last minute shenanigans with Ollie being spoken to by the ref on the fourth officials say so. Oteh lay injured on the half way line for over a minute and Coventry refused to kick the ball out. Then Caulker made a tackle and cleared it for a throw.
Ollie said something and the No6 Dom Hyam shouted back then Ollie called him 'a dick'. The ref stopped the game and had words. Having restarted the game the fourth official kept the argument up so Ollie loudly said ' I've apologised, I was in the wrong, I was frustrated but they should've kicked the ball out'.

And he was right.

U23s against Coventry live on the official site on 09:10 - Oct 10 with 2710 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes appalling judgement by Coventry in a development fixture.

Thanks for the link Queensparker. Enjoyed it and we look like we have some decent players in reserve. Expect to see a few more go out on loan in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024