Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitcoin 21:10 - Nov 26 with 14218 viewstraininvain

Has anyone on here invested / gambled?

Price is continuing to increase at a rate of knots & makes the returns on other investments look pathetic.

Good investment or modern day gold rush?

Bitcoin on 23:04 - Nov 26 with 7056 viewsBrightonhoop

Only gamble what you can loose. It ut on $1000 in one day last week. What they didn't tell you is it had lost 25% the week before.

It's the criminal/traffiker/peados investment of choice becaus it is so filthy and beyond reach, until they call it in. The Russians nearly called it in this summer. It's roulette who calls it in first. And then it collapses. Best time to invest was about 5 years ago and has passed. imo.

Bitcoin on 23:49 - Nov 26 with 7036 viewsrrrspricey

Bitcoins have certainly gone through the roof in recent years but Ethereum(sp) has increased by around 4k% this year alone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 🤑

Bitcoin on 00:01 - Nov 27 with 7028 viewsBoston

A. Mr Hubble has been promoting this currency for years.

B. He did not invest.

C. I did.

D. See you in Bali.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bitcoin on 00:06 - Nov 27 with 7021 viewsBoston

....after this volcano lark.

Bitcoin on 01:03 - Nov 27 with 7002 viewshubble

I certainly did bloody invest. And I gave you an effing good tip! Sorry Brighton, I've heard all that stuff about bitcoin repeated ad nauseum... as if the fiat currencies weren't all that and more. To understand cryptocurrencies, first you have to understand that the current banking system used in the West is a scam. A massive bloody scam. What's the value of the currency they give you? Really? The real value? Is it actually worth anything?Sure you can still exchange it for goods with participating stores... but inflation, quantitative easing, rate fixing, fractional reserve banking. Literally printing money out of nothing, then lending it at interest. A massive bloody scam. Bitcoin is the new gold IMO. As a store of value, I think it's overtaken it already. Many altcoins are poised to fill the role of efficient, transparent currency in its stead. Fascinating times.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Bitcoin on 01:16 - Nov 27 with 6987 viewshubble

I get that to a lot of people - not you - but many - all this is scarily new. But once you get your head around it it makes so much sense. I was tipped about eth about 18 months ago, it felt like the right thing to invest in. I liked its ethos... The thing is, it's not just a punt, because if you can (more or less) understand any particular altcoin's USP, you can get a feel for its potential.

I'm happy to suggest some altcoins that are still relatively very cheap if people are interested. But I'd still recommend Bitcoin, the daddy of them all. I also recommend Eth (Ethereum) and Dash. Bitcoin Cash, the version of bitcoin created by a 'fork' in the development, is being massively hyped as its replacement right now, but I'm not convinced. It's all based on the fact it can do faster transactions on the blockchain - but the way it does it is ultimately a dead end I think. Nevertheless, short term, it's a good bet.

If you get a wallet like the exodus.io wallet , it's incredibly easy to exchange one altcoin for another (there is a fee), and therefore easy to build a portfolio. I recommend it, but maybe only for sums up to 50k. It has a flaw in that the unique 'identifier' for each type of coin in your wallet doesn't change. The blockchain.info wallet is very reliable (been using it for a long time), it also stores eth now.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 2:38]

Bitcoin on 08:44 - Nov 27 with 6838 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I know Hubs is a big advocate and I agree with what he is saying on our existing (lets call them traditional) currencies.

However, those traditional currencies have a general acceptance and credibility and people understand them. For me the cryptos don't have that and that's why I am out!

Perception is reality as the advertising people say.

Bitcoin on 08:58 - Nov 27 with 6819 viewstoboboly

'Arry loves a bit of it!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/12/harry-redknapp-cryptocurrency

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bitcoin on 09:39 - Nov 27 with 6770 viewsstevec

I love how the story concludes with a 'since you're here...'

Perhaps the Guardian should invest in Bitcoins.

Bitcoin on 15:34 - Nov 27 with 6609 viewstraininvain

Agreed. Simply put, banks are now an unnecessary middleman. It's similar to Netflix / Blockbuster and numerous other examples. Except the stakes are a lot higher.

I've been using coinbase to buy bitcoin but will look into the wallets you mentioned if they are a better option?

Bitcoin on 16:41 - Nov 27 with 6558 viewsloftboy

Please tell me that I’m not the only person on here who hasn’t got a clue what you are all on about.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bitcoin on 17:05 - Nov 27 with 6512 viewsTheBlob

Caveat emptor.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/211847/page:5/#121

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bitcoin on 17:40 - Nov 27 with 6475 viewsLythamR

up 60% in the last month. If it looks like a bubble and floats like a bubble its probably a ...

Last time the price collapsed it took 3 years to recover to its previous high point

people have certainly made very good money but as things stand it would be a brave gambler that invested anything they couldnt afford to lose

Bitcoin on 17:57 - Nov 27 with 6468 viewshubble

Yes, I'd definitely move any crypto you're not thinking of trading into a different wallet. Exchanges tend to be the most vulnerable places to keep them. Also exchanges do strange things following forks - for example I know Coinbase still hasn't given its customers access to their Bitcoin Cash, even though it was created in August. The blockchain and exodus wallets honoured it very soon after the fork. Localbitcoins.com exchanged the bitcoin cash for bitcoin when it was a really poor rate, and gave us the result. Obviously would rather have the actual bch!

As for bitcoin being a bubble, I've heard it all before. People have been telling me it's a bubble since 2010. Well, it's not doing too bad for a bubble. What I think people need to understand that what we're seeing with bitcoin is very similar to the take up of gold as an international store of value, except on a super-compressed timescale. Hence the massive peaks and troughs as it goes through various levels of acceptance. Yes, it will probably have another trough after this latest peak, but let's face it, what's the overall trend? Massively up. Bitcoin is not going to go away, IMO - it's only going to get stronger. Again, people thought it was too late to invest when it was £1k, £2k, £4k... well as far as I'm concerned, it's still a really good time to get on board, because this is just the beginning. Ultimately we could see btc reach $100,000 or more - and that's been long predicted, and not just by me. It's also not a bubble because it is so much more than *just* a store of value. The underlying tech of the blockchain means this is something that can genuinely supersede fiat, banker-owned, government currencies. And that's what I think most of us want in the 21st century. As you rightly say, no middle men!

As always, I recommend a portfolio of altcoins to spread your investment - because in the ultimate scenario, some of them will probably will the international currency battle, whereas bitcoin will remain a store of value. It is - as far as I and many others can see - the new gold.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 17:59]

Bitcoin on 14:16 - Dec 22 with 6180 viewsTheBlob

Bitcoin on 14:21 - Dec 22 with 6154 viewsQPR_John

You're not

Bitcoin on 14:22 - Dec 22 with 6151 viewsDorse

I invested in magic beans. I'm expecting big things.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bitcoin on 14:32 - Dec 22 with 6116 viewsTheBlob

Of course it could always be a correctionWhat's the colour of your trousers at this point?

Bitcoin on 14:34 - Dec 22 with 6109 viewsLongsufferingR

40 odd years ago I invested in my first QPR ticket. Since then I've put around £50k more in and it finally paid off after many years of upset.

Last week I got an email telling me I had £32 in QPR cash to spend at the club shop.

Ain't nothing you can teach me about investing.

Bitcoin on 14:40 - Dec 22 with 6088 viewsTheBlob

Stick,sell or get back in?

Tick tock.......

Bitcoin on 14:51 - Dec 22 with 6060 viewsBrightonhoop

It's likely people are taking profits, when it hits a certain low they'll pile back in again sending back towards the $20,000 mark.
There was a woman on the news who had invested £100 about 4 years ago and cashed out this week with £80,000....

Bitcoin on 16:30 - Dec 22 with 5951 viewsPinnerPaul

You're not!

Bitcoin on 16:55 - Dec 22 with 5923 viewsBoston

Infrastructure is collapsing

Nobody is trading

Might be the end.

Bitcoin on 17:00 - Dec 22 with 5911 viewsdanehoop

Always follow the first rule of investing, if you don’t fully understand something don’t invest in it. In this case I just don’t get it and as others have said, it just feels like gambling to me, but without knowing the fully rules of the game. It has the feel of those piling into the tech boom of the late 1990’s, can’t help but think that anyone going in now has already missed the upside of any value.

Never knowingly understood

Bitcoin on 17:11 - Dec 22 with 5895 viewsBoston

Oh yeah, well how do you launder yer drug money?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024