Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean Goss getting good reviews 21:44 - Jan 24 with 9264 viewsDixie_CT

Not really had a chance here but seems to have started well at Rangers.

Is he not good enough, doesn’t fit the system, needs toughening up or not an Olly/Birch type player?

Hope he can get good game time in the SPL and come back to force his way into the first team picture.

I’m not overly convinced that our midfield theee or the system is all it’s cracked up to be and the likes of Goss, Manning and Cousins could be of value if there’s room.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 22:23 - Jan 24 with 4404 viewscolinallcars

Well, he played in Rangers' win over Aberdeen tonight a win that puts them into 2nd place. Yet he couldn't get into our team. It's all very strange. How would you rank the Scottish Prem against our Championship ?

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 22:32 - Jan 24 with 4388 viewsdistortR

There's a natural order to these things that Karl will tell you about.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 23:03 - Jan 24 with 4318 viewsWadR

Excluding Celtic, Scottish Prem is on a par with League 1/League 2.

34 year old Kris Boyd who failed in the Championship 7 years ago is second top goalscorer in the division ffs.

Pleased for Goss, hope he does well and can come back next season and compete for a starting spot - but questionable how reliable a barometer Scottish success is.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 23:07 - Jan 24 with 4303 viewsdanehoop

Main thing is that he gets competitive games for the duration of the loan. It’s his opportunity to show he can genuinely step up from U23s and be either a playing or, most likely, a saleable asset for qpr.

Never knowingly understood

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 23:22 - Jan 24 with 4279 viewsozexile

Very unlikely he'll come back and establish himself with us.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 06:32 - Jan 25 with 4101 viewsderbyhoop

Why not? Our policy is to send kids out on loan to make/break them. Half a season playing regular, 1st team football could make our Sean.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 08:43 - Jan 25 with 3981 viewsrichranger

I believe this is the first time he's ever gone out on loan. Wasn't even loaned out by Man Utd. He's played very few 'senior' games for that reason. Playing senior football is very different to youth football anywhere - so will do him good.
Whether he'll ever make it with us - who knows? But Les Ferdinand say's he's not for sale, so presumably will come back for the start of next season.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 08:55 - Jan 25 with 3954 viewsDorse

The whole dearth of loan experience in a player his age and supposed ability (remember the whole 'next Carrick' thing) makes me uneasy. He's accepted a 'big club' loan but doesn't seem to have fancied 3 months in Grimsby. Mind you, who can blame him?

This move, however, might be the best bit of business we do in the window if it gets him up to speed in competitive first team football. So what if it's only SPL? If he'd gone to Colchester it would have been similar and the changing rooms are nicer at Rangers. We'll need Goss at full chat because Scowen and Freeman are going to get rave reviews for this season and we might end up seeing bids in Summer.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 08:58 - Jan 25 with 3948 viewsTheChef

Pfft, I could play in the top division in Scotland and get good reviews.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 09:36 - Jan 25 with 3883 viewsLythamR

He is getting more competitive game time and hopefully a bit of toughening up, thats got to be good because he clearly needed it. I would take the reviews with a pinch of salt but its all good he will either come back stronger or if He and Rangers really fancy each other we can shift him on

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:01 - Jan 25 with 3743 viewsqprd

Hes only played one real competitive match at Rangers, so i'd be reluctant to buy into the hype just yet

im not sure how he fits in to our squad going forward. he doesn't strike me as a player with a lot of work rate, and he's not particularly quick, strong or otherwise athletic..... kind of like a cesc of the championship. he'll need to play alongside another workhorse in deep midfield, and our midfield is pretty crowded

hopefully he does well enough that we can just sell him

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 3731 viewsNorthernr

Not sure six months spraying passes around in one of the better teams in a God awful league, being told he's wonderful, is going to solve many of his problems.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:29 - Jan 25 with 3688 viewsLowerloftLad

I get the impression he is full of himself and will demand a move to rangers in the summer i read how he was won over by the atmosphere will be interesting to see how he copes when things go pair shape in games . I was at a rangers game last season and they got booed off at half time ..... rangers were winning 1-0 ??

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 3674 viewsozexile

Yes but he's not a kid.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:44 - Jan 25 with 3659 viewsRBlock

Would be more positive about it had he not stuck his nose up at Yeovil. At least he is out there playing adult football on mud, as opposed to U23s on pristine grass. It is a step in the right direction.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:45 - Jan 25 with 3655 viewspaulparker

He is 22 and hasn't even played 10 games in his whole career , Deli Ali is a year younger and has played nearly 200 games , im sorry but I think he has wasted pretty much 5 years already , if we get our money back on him it will be a miracle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:45 - Jan 25 with 3658 viewsDando

He probably wont want to come back by the end of his loan to be honest. Poor league, but bigger crowds at home with good atmosphere, and probably dominating possession in most games. At the moment, we are playing long ball and the atmosphere is not great either. I fear the likes of Luongo, Freeman, Smithies etc will also want to leave at the end of the season as the style/shape football we are playing at the moment cant be enjoyable to play amongst. I hope we can get back to playing better football like we did at the beginning of the season

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 11:53 - Jan 25 with 3640 viewsPetros

Having seen some of his "spraying" in the U23s, I'm not so convinced by him.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 12:01 - Jan 25 with 3621 viewstoboboly

Absolutely fine with me as long as we make a profit.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 12:06 - Jan 25 with 3609 viewsstevec

No need to worry, we probably still pay the kind of wages that would frighten off anyone outside the Prem and none of those mentioned will be going there, for sure.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 12:09 - Jan 25 with 3596 viewssimmo

I'm much more on this side of the fence tbh, signing someone with zero professional games to their name is ridiculous unless they're a proper youth player (as in not 22). He turned down Yeovil which means he likely did similar at United, which is why he's so far behind in his development and doing now what he should have been doing at 18.

Massively overrated because he came out of United - not the first and won't be the last. If he's ever good enough to be a Championship player I'll be shocked and having good games against Hamilton Academical and Ross County won't do fck all to change that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 3421 viewsqprd

Agreed totally

Forget Deli Alli. look at Goss compared to Darnell, who is a month younger

Darnell went out on loan to Northampton, Swindon and Cambridge and has about 100 professional appearances to his name across 4 divisions.... darnell was playing in the prem at age 18 and still had the humility to go down to league 2

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 14:12 - Jan 25 with 3384 viewsDixie_CT

Seems to divide opinion that's for sure but a lot of presumption on this thread about him as a person.

He spent nearly 9 years at Exeter Academy before moving to United and it looks like (my own presumptions) they spent 3 years working on him in the Academy system. Not sure why he was then allowed to leave to us apart from a quick £400k profit on the transfer fee.

Obviously looks like Goss made a mistake by leaving Exeter but who wouldn't have made the same choice? The recent Micheal Calvin doc 'No hunger in Paradise' highlighted how much clubs do around the holisiics welfare and development of players.

He was in the same school year as Manning who before last seasons flurry of games would have played the same amount of games at Championship level. Really interesting to see how both players are analysed in very different terms.

Personally I'm rooting for him to turn it around here but then I was a also a big fan and believer in Kevin McLeod. Think it's called blind faith.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 3328 viewsBoston

He’ll soon tire of fried food and pints of heavy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sean Goss getting good reviews on 14:44 - Jan 25 with 3316 viewsTheChef

Either he's being advised badly, or he can't be arsed.

Let's face it we've never had any joy from any ManU cast offs, suggest we don't bother in future. I'd rather develop hungry young talent from the lower leagues, as we are doing.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024