Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. 02:40 - Apr 22 with 6503 viewsWilloW4

"... Well ,it's 34 minutes past.... But......waffle, waffle waffle, blah blah blah... Blimey, Brentford......waffle , waffle, blah blah blah, er, um, waffle,....and on and on... Same old shite. It's on the offish if you want to hear it all..zzzzzz.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 02:49 - Apr 22 with 5271 viewstimcocking

Do you know his mother just died?

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 02:50 - Apr 22 with 5271 viewsHooparoo

As much as I love what he means to us as an Rs legend, I really now think it’s time to say mission accomplished, thanks for all your help Olly and look for someone who can help us to progress.

I don’t buy the “no one would want to come here” argument as I reckon a good ambitious young European coach who wanted to coach in England would be happy with our nice little West London club.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 03:01 - Apr 22 with 5256 viewsWilloW4

I didn't, and my confidence to him and his family.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 03:30 - Apr 22 with 5232 viewstimcocking

Fair enough. Puts it all into perspective.

(No subject) on 06:17 - Apr 22 with 5182 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given your first post, that’s a brilliant typo!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

(No subject) on 08:13 - Apr 22 with 4959 viewsisawqpratwcity

You know what he meant.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 09:08 - Apr 22 with 4825 viewsAshdown_Ranger

“Ambitious European manager...”

JFH is available....

I think Ollie has had a really difficult situation to deal with during his time here and has done enough to deserve to carry on rebuilding.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 09:36 - Apr 22 with 4754 viewsisawqpratwcity

That's the best you've got? It won't work with an ambitious European manager because it didn't work with Hasslehoff?

(Sorry, I meant Hasselbaink; gosh, I'm still laughing over that one, davman!)

(No subject) on 09:54 - Apr 22 with 4697 viewssmegma

If we got rid of him, we would probably have to pay over a £million for the remainder of his contract.

Ever wondered why Millwall fans abuse him so much ?? It was revealed in the company accounts they had to pay him £1.2m in compo when he got the tin tack. They then decided to hate him. Yet this goes on with EVERY manager who is sacked before the end of a contract.

Maybe, just maybe, we havnt got the money to pay him off. Then there's the twenty or so back room staff as well.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 10:08]

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 10:15 - Apr 22 with 4639 viewsisawqpratwcity

False economy. Much better to write off that cost to experience and get some-one who will actually do something with the meagre resources the club still has before the parachute payments run out.

This unabated bottom-half bumbling is busting our balls.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 10:56 - Apr 22 with 4570 viewsstevec

2019/20 TV money
Premier £150 mill
Championship about £6 mill

Busting our balls indeed.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 11:20 - Apr 22 with 4514 viewsisawqpratwcity

What are you on about?

Last season under Holloway we were a bottom-half club. This season under Holloway we are a bottom-half club. What do you think the odds are that next season under Holloway we will still be a bottom-half club?

And btw, next season is the last for our parachute payments. It's a fair bit more than £6 mill.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 11:38 - Apr 22 with 4458 viewsBoston

What of Mr Holloway’s own ambitions, I mean he must have noticed the Arsenal job is open....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

(No subject) on 11:58 - Apr 22 with 4420 viewsPunteR

And if we terminate his contract he should get compensation. I wonder how much he was getting working with Sky? He had a decent job there and it was QPR that came to him. TF or Gangnam style will have to convert another mill into equity or whatever they do with their money.
I was always sceptical of the appointment but i don't think he deserves the sack. As already been pointed out on numerous threads, theres a lot of positives this season, more so in the last 4 years.
My hunch is he'll leave at the end of the season by mutual agreement, especially now he's lost his mum.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

(No subject) on 14:47 - Apr 22 with 4282 viewsMatch82

Given everything you know about this club, the type of manager we could likely attract, and the fact that our board is making the appointment, what do you think the probability is that we will appoint a manager who will do significantly better? Because unless that probability is high, it's not a false economy at all.

Edit: to add context, the appointments under the TF regime so far have been Hughes, Ramsey, Redknapp, JFH and Holloway.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 14:50]

(No subject) on 15:55 - Apr 22 with 4181 viewsisawqpratwcity

What are you suggesting? We are not able to be sure of getting a better manager so we should not try to get a better manager?

This is not some fickle decision. Holloway is a fortnight away from eighteen months in the job. Over that period, his record is worse than both of his predecessors in the Championship. Does he actually have to relegate us to be proven to be 'not good enough'?

Anyway, unless he makes some super-dramatic improvement, we're going to be replacing him in a year's time at the outside. That will also coincide with our parachute payments stopping; when we will find out what it is really like to be short of money. Holloway has already stumbled and lurched through our penultimate year of parachute payments to no great effect, what makes you think he is going to do better with our last one?

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 4061 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Don't be so touchy isawqpratwcity - maybe I should have added a 'wink' emoticon after my JFH comment.

A decent ambitious European manager would be great - if it works out... but to my mind, that's a huge gamble, a plunge into the unknown.

You can't say Holloway isn't ambitious - he's probably as ambitious as anyone - possibly more so, given his love for the club.

He's rebuilding from the ground up, through financial necessity.

Comparisons to past managers just don't wash - they had the 'benefit' of (allegedly) Premiere League players in their squads, much higher transfer fees to play with and players on f***ing stupid wages.

He rebuilt the club on a shoestring before, so why not let him do it again?

And he got Palace and Blackpool promoted the Prem (BLACKPOOL FFS!!!) - and nearly Plymouth Argyle.

For me, wanting to splash our last parachute payment on some untried manager (and then the players he'll doubtless want to bring in), however exciting or ambitious, smacks of a gambling addict spending the last of his dole cheque money on a double-or-quits bet at the bookies.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 19:19 - Apr 22 with 4007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Unbelievable that we are talking about putting a man out of his job when he's just lost his Mother...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 20:50 - Apr 22 with 3930 viewsstevec

FFS I was agreeing with you!

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 21:04 - Apr 22 with 3905 viewsNorthernr

Agreed. Could/should be able to turn this incessant stuff in for a week at least.

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 21:11 - Apr 22 with 3897 viewsMyke

I'm with Brian on this one. Wrong time to be discussing his future. Lost my mum 9 years ago now and the first 6 months were a nightmare. A complete daze. Nearly got myself killed twice by driving out in front of an oncoming vehicle that I never even saw. Two more games won't make any difference at this stage. Time enough then to take stock and make a measured decision one way or another.

(No subject) on 22:32 - Apr 22 with 3833 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's fecking disgusting
Haters need to fecking shut up or feck off.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 22:34]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

(No subject) on 00:21 - Apr 23 with 3748 viewsisawqpratwcity

Nm.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 0:43]

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 00:37 - Apr 23 with 3733 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks for that, Brian. Can I count on your support on this issue in a fortnight when the season finishes?

"So, Ollie, what's the time?".. on 00:45 - Apr 23 with 3723 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fair enough. I thought you were trivialising the last parachute payment.

Try to get your hands on that bundle of money before Lee Hoos and you'll never play the piano again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024