Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement 12:58 - May 15 with 9689 viewspaesanu

Has told Joe Hart he's staying home for the World Cup.

Good. Part of the old guard that have made England unlikeable in previous tournaments. Experience means nothing going by past results.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 13:01 - May 15 with 7046 viewsthemodfather

hart always was clumsy, arrogant and a liabilty , we put 7 past him in a game and only 2 stood including the hart kicked it twice one, which was only seen on tv in super slow mo!!!
im ok with hart mwoing lawns at home....city didn't want him, nor roma amd he's dropped many clangers at the irons

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 13:03 - May 15 with 7034 viewspaesanu

Would have been a kick in the balls to Pope to be sacrificed for Hart. The fact that it was up for debate in recent months I thought was pretty insulting to the Burnley keeper.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 13:37 - May 15 with 6894 viewsAshdown_Ranger

"Has told Joe Hart he's staying home for the World Cup."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardly surprising - I think the deciding point was Pickford letting in at least 2 sitters against Newcastle, proving you don't need years of international experience to be as flappy and flaky as Hart...

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 14:42 - May 15 with 6750 viewsNorthernr

Problem he has is none of the other goalkeepers are really in good form, though I do rate all three of them.

I don't think we'll do any good, but I do like the way Southgate goes about his business. The jake Livermore obsession apart.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 15:22 - May 15 with 6651 viewspaulparker

if Jack Wilshire and Shelvey wasn't a couple of unfit ill-disciplined herberts who got on with playing the game then we wouldn't have a need for Jake Livermore

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 15:36 - May 15 with 6592 viewsmakaveli1882

Shelvey not booked in 2018 and on top form I really hope Southgate has the balls to put him in ... Good start today.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:00 - May 15 with 6517 viewssmegma

Looked everywhere about this story and the only thing I can find is a rumour in the Sun.

So we don't actually know what the squad will be.

I've also read that Fabian Delph reckons he's a shoe in?? If he is we're f@cked.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:06 - May 15 with 6497 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The other teams might as well not bother, it's as good as coming home. In fact, I'd be surprised if Paddy Power aren't already paying on an England WIn!

Easeeeee money....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:15 - May 15 with 6470 viewsqprd

I cant stand southgate... his insistence on the 352 is even more maddening than ollies

England probably only has 2 really world class players- kane and walker... centreback is also one of englands biggest vulnerabilities with stones, cahill (whose in bad form and was benched for ages), Maguire (whose quality but has very few caps to his name) and tarkowski/Gomez (ill leave it at that)....

southgates solution to this is to double down at centreback by playing a 3-5-2? and with playing walker, who is probably one of the five best right wingbacks in the world, out of position as a right sided centreback.... so that he can accommodate MFing Kieran trippier?

what a joke

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:15 - May 15 with 6469 viewsaston_hoop

It'll be all fun and games and optimism until Tunisia stick 11 men behind the ball against us and grind out a 0-0 draw. There we go, getting my England related pessimism out of the way early this year.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:21 - May 15 with 6449 viewsdannyblue

That's why I'd take an Austin. There are players who can win you games against Tunisia or anyone with 11 behind the ball and players who can give you a chance against a Spain. He's the former.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:37 - May 15 with 6389 viewsBostonR

Been watching Eng in World Cups since 1970.
Ramsey's decision to sub Charlton and Peters in the QF cost us the game and a very likely final appearance. We were 2-0 up after 50mins and cruising. The only other time I enjoyed Eng was in 1990 and Robson actually stumbled on his best eleven at that tournament. I am pretty sure had we won the penalty shootout, we would have beaten Argentina.
Other than that, I do not watch Eng anymore - they always let you down and they will in Russia.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:49 - May 15 with 6358 viewssimmo

Pickford been superb for Everton according to their fans, comfortably won their POTY award and not just by default. He's a certain starter.

Butland been patchy but also in a fckin woeful team, Pope been great but it's hard to know how good a Burnley keeper is when he has 10 players in front of him all defending at all times and keeping their shape because their lives literally depend on it.

I would go for something along these lines as a mixture of what I think the squad will be and what I would pick.

Keepers: Pickford, Butland, Pope

Defenders: Walker, Trippier, Bertrand, Young, Cahill, Stones, Maguire, Lascelles

Midfielders: Dier, Cork, Lewis Cook, Shelvey, Henderson, Lallana, Lingard, Alli

Forwards: Sterling, Rashford, Vardy, Kane

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 16:54 - May 15 with 6348 viewsrobith

Pope has been great imo

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 17:08 - May 15 with 6305 viewsWadR

I like Southgate and think he's done well at phasing out the mediocre old guard - Hart, Cahill etc.

5-2-2-1 allows us to play two of Sterling, Alli and Lingard in their preferred positions (Sterling has been great as a no.10 for City this year) and protects our, generally rubbish, CBs imo.

Dodgy game on Sunday but Pickford has been great this season and is comfortably the best footballer of those keepers - better passer than most of our central midfielders.

My squad would be:
Keepers: Pickford, Butland, Pope - in that order of selection

CBs: Stones, Maguire, Tarkowski, Jones, Walker

RWBs: Trippier, Alexander-Arnold

LWBs: Rose, Bertrand

CMs: Dier, Henderson, Shelvey, Wilshere

AMs: Sterling, Lingard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek

STs: Kane, Vardy, Rashford

Really don't like our central midfield options although I'm hesitantly coming round to the idea of Shelvey. It's a real shame about Ox-Chamberlain just as he was in some excellent form. I'd really love to see Milner coaxed out of retirement if possible

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 18:37 - May 15 with 6148 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Here's a link...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/harts-world-cup-dreams-ended-southgate-phone-ca

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 18:57 - May 15 with 6103 viewsbosh67

He has to take Ryan Sessegnon. Kid would scare the sh*t out of most teams at the WC.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 19:17 - May 15 with 6065 viewsCamberleyR

"Ramsey's decision to sub Charlton and Peters in the QF cost us the game and a very likely final appearance. "

Maybe in hindsight but at the time it probably wasn't seen like that. Colin Bell was seen at the time as Bobby Charlton's heir apparent and Hunter for Peters should have shored up the midfield with a more defensive player. If anything Ramsey should have subbed Terry Cooper who come the end of 90 minutes was out on his feet with the running he'd done. It was from Cooper's side that the cross came for Muller's winner with Grabowski roasting him in extra time as he was fresh having come on as a sub himself.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 20:51 - May 15 with 5892 viewsAntti_Heinola

he couldnt even scare the sh!t out of Derby. Good goal last night, but naff all else over 2 legs. Not even close to being ready.

Bare bones.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 21:15 - May 15 with 5828 viewsMedwayR

I'd play a 4-2-3-1 and take the following:

GK: Pickford / Butland / Pope
RB: Walker / Trippier
CB: Stones / Tarkowski
CB: Maguire / Mawson
LB: Bertrand / Rose
CM: Dier / Henderson
CM: Shelvey / Cook
RM: Sterling / Lookman
AM: Alli / Loftus-Cheek
LM: Lingard / Rashford
CF: Kane / Vardy

Poll: Who’s better?

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 21:22 - May 15 with 5812 viewsdaveB

The last thing England should do is take Sessegnon, i don't care how good he might be he's never played a competitive game for England, never played at the top level or iN Europe, we can't have another major tournament where a player makes his competitive debut on the biggest stage. We did it with Sterling, Rashford, Oxlaide Chamberlain and each time despite some bright performances they were not ready and it didn't help them.

Leave the kid at home and play him in the euro league thing in September

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 21:25 - May 15 with 5797 viewsdaveB

It's far from a joke. England have no decent wingers and 4 very good full backs who are more wing backs. The centre backs as a four would be cut to pieces against a good side but with an extra man in the middle have that but of protection and ability ti play out from the back and move into midfield. It's the right system to play with the players England have, Southgate the first England manager in years to find a system to suit the players rather than try and cram everyone in out of position.

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 21:27 - May 15 with 5792 viewspaulparker

I would take Grealish who can play midfield I think he has been brilliant the last 20 games for villa my wildcard would be sancho at Dortmund , this kid will be a star both he and grealish have the confidence to make the step up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 21:33 - May 15 with 5782 viewsMedwayR

I guess Lookman would be considered my wildcard, although he's been in good form so could get called he's been under the radar so far. Lascelles at CB is a good shout too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Good start by Southgate ahead of tomorrow's announcement on 21:38 - May 15 with 5774 viewsAntti_Heinola

No Danny Drinkwater? ;)
Grealish is ok. Nowhere near the required standard yet. Better than Livermore though!

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024