Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Collins 10:15 - May 20 with 8106 viewsWestbourneR

Been released by Wet Spam. 34. I know he’s v old but I think there is room for a grizzly old leader at the back for a couple of season while we bring the youngsters through. I seen him doing a Richard Dunne / Ryan Nelson job for us.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

James Collins on 10:29 - May 20 with 5994 viewsozexile

Not for me

James Collins on 10:34 - May 20 with 5978 viewskingo

I would prefer us to be looking at someone like that Josh Moore-Taylor of Exeter, they are producing some bright talent down there.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

James Collins on 10:36 - May 20 with 5977 viewsLythamR

never going to come here for the wages we are offering, Dunne and Nelson cam for eyewatering amounts compared to what we will be offering now

James Collins on 10:44 - May 20 with 5960 viewsEsox_Lucius

We already have a slow, experienced CB in Lynch, why would we need two?

The grass is always greener.

James Collins on 11:15 - May 20 with 5896 viewsrsonist

Not a bad thought and his mentality would probably still outweigh his lack of pace most weeks at this level. Lynch is hardly cut from the same cloth...

Every other club in this league with more cash to burn will have had the same idea though. Maybe if he really doesn't want to leave London and feels he has enough money (hollow laugh).

James Collins on 11:24 - May 20 with 5869 viewsPunteR

I think you do need experience in the team but i think we should go for an experienced championship or L1 player that will see us as a step up or a new challenge. Clint Hill ended up a not too shabby player.
It did cross my mind to have a look at older prem players, Robert Huth whose contract has expired at Leicester but he'll want big money as well probably. Yeh i think Collins would want big money. I dont really rate him either, not that ive particulary followed his career closely.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

James Collins on 11:29 - May 20 with 5856 viewsrsonist

I say this every time a defending thread comes up but I really do believe it's a coaching area more than an individual talent issue - how they're drilled as a unit, the shape and structure of the team as a whole when we're caught on the turnover. A good leader is a shortcut to the solution not necessarily the solution itself.

Not saying Lynch, Hall, Baptiste and Furlong is an ideal CB selection (fitness the main factor) but effective defences at this level have been made with similar. I'd imagine it'll be easier to find a RB with decent workable potential than a proven CB, most good youth systems seem to let a few go every summer these days. (Did we sign up little Joe Felix from Fulham in the end by the way?)

James Collins on 12:29 - May 20 with 5745 viewsWestbourneR

I’m not confident we can take on a new season with Lynch, Baptiste and Hall as our centre back options. We need a big leader to come in now Onouha has left.

Collins is an impressive centre back - much better than he’s given credit

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

James Collins on 12:38 - May 20 with 5726 viewsMedwayR

This is a good point actually. Wasn't it Di Canio who managed to make a fairly solid defence from components such as Bob Malcolm & Zesh Rehman??? Also, look at how managers like Mourinho always build their success & most successful teams from a rock-solid defence, of course it helps having good defenders but those same defenders start conceding goals at a far higher rate under other managers.

I think Collins for a year or two would be a good signing providing the money was right. He's a good player, a leader and has lots of experience which will help our young players. I think he'll probably go back to Cardiff though.

Poll: Who’s better?

James Collins on 12:45 - May 20 with 5714 viewsLblock

Im with Westbourne here - dont know if JC is a great pro off pitch, if so and wages right then yes for me

I see Derby have released Shackell who was on loan at Millwall, ive always rated him as a grizzly knarly CB

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

James Collins on 12:53 - May 20 with 5695 viewsMedwayR

I googled Josh Moore-Taylor and got some surprising results!!!

You mean Jordan Moore-Taylor...I won't ask why you said Josh Moore-Taylor, what you do in your own time is up to you

Poll: Who’s better?

James Collins on 13:28 - May 20 with 5618 viewsCamberleyR

The average premier league wage is now £50,000+ a week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42130297

I realise at 34 he probably just wants to play football but even if he was 'only' earning 50k a week, would he drop about 30-35k a week to fit our wages budget? Don't think he would. I'd sooner we scouted the European leagues looking for an Aziz Ben Askar type of player.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

James Collins on 14:17 - May 20 with 5523 viewsdanehoop

I don’t think we are shopping for players on those wages anymore, irrespective of how good he might be we can’t afford him.

Never knowingly understood

James Collins on 14:56 - May 20 with 5450 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When I read a sentence that includes the words ‘Grizzly, knarly and CB’ in it, I just want to chew raw steak and growl things like: ‘kin right en all!’ and ‘ave some you caaant’.

Can’t have enough grizzly and knarliness in the back for me; throw in a dash of ugly and you’re starting halfway up the league come August. FACT!!

Love it...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

James Collins on 14:59 - May 20 with 5445 viewskingo

I see what you mean !!!
Could tie up the oppo forwards I suppose

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

James Collins on 15:46 - May 20 with 5366 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think our wage cap is far, far lower then 30-35k.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

James Collins on 15:54 - May 20 with 5343 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was sent something from our man in Hanoi suggesting the average weekly wage of a QPR player for the season, was around £7.5k per player.

Now that Ned, JET and Mackie are going and Robbo likely, that figure may struggle to get into four figures!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

James Collins on 16:05 - May 20 with 5328 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure I understand the logic of letting Onuoha run down his contract and then go for an even older player in Collins, who'd probably want similar money. Or more.

Saying that, we will need a CB, preferably experienced. Just hope there are better options.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

James Collins on 16:05 - May 20 with 5321 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to carry on like a broken record, but seeing as our patience seems to have run out with keeping stable management / coaching personnel, I think our patience with developing our own will probably run out sooner rather than later too.

Fck it, sign him and pay him £50k a week. Bring 43 year old Cannavaro in too. Party like it’s 2013.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 16:12]

James Collins on 16:13 - May 20 with 5303 viewsCamberleyR

I know, I meant would he drop 35k a week to about 15k assuming he is on the average PL wage of 50k a week (I reckon he's on more than that).
[Post edited 20 May 2018 16:15]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

James Collins on 16:24 - May 20 with 5261 viewsdanehoop

15K per week is still going to be more than we will likely be looking to spend. Massive fall in revenue next year which will fall even further the following season at the Prem parachute money runs out. Really not sure what people are expecting, but wage bill is having to be massively reduced year on year, so "only" £15K per week is increasingly out of price range. We are not shopping at Harrods, Waitrose or even Sainsburys now. Our shopping is likely to be officially in the bargain basement, below LIDL and heading towards Poundland!

Never knowingly understood

James Collins on 16:37 - May 20 with 5230 viewsrobith

On Collins - he played for West Ham for 12 years. I hear he's quite well liked by the fans.

They told him they were releasing him by email. Not giving him a testimonial either.

Joke club

James Collins on 16:46 - May 20 with 5221 viewsAgedR

I appreciate it would remove our favourite target, but, I actually think Keogh would be a really good fit for us. Experienced and all round good pro.

He’s worked with McLaren, so not out of the question. Plus, he’s one of our own.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

James Collins on 18:17 - May 20 with 5050 viewsLunarJetman

If you put a sprig of parsley on a turd as a garnish, it’s stil a turd at the end of the day....

James Collins on 20:05 - May 20 with 4914 viewsDejR_vu

Wonder if there's any chance of getting Matt Connolly back? Always thought he was decent overall and seems to find it impossible not to get promoted.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024