Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon buy Premier League Package 12:51 - Jun 7 with 7417 viewsdaveB

details here, All games on Boxing Day are going to be shown live on Amazon prime

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 13:00 - Jun 7 with 5842 viewsMick_S

No thanks.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 13:02 - Jun 7 with 5831 viewsqprd

cant be much worse than sky and BT which have totally destroyed tv watching in this country

with a basic cable package in the states, you can watch Bournemouth play Cardiff city and every other crappy premier league fixture no one wants to watch

meanwhile in the uk, you can pay an insane amount for sports package, only to be missing half the fixtures. even if you pay for both sky and bt, there are still other matches which aren't aired by any network

bt and sky have also extorted pubs with their outrageous licensing fees, contributing a bit to the decline of the british pub

its kind of scary how much amazon will control our lives, but honestly, cant be much worse in this space than sky or bt... sadly its only a handful of games that sky/bt are losing
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 13:04]

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 13:03 - Jun 7 with 5828 viewsLythamR

hmm

it will be interesting to see how broadband infrastructure stands up to that especially if they are going to do it in ultra 4k .

Now if you want to watch Premier league, especially follow a particular team people will need SKy BT Sport and Amazon

I think a good % will just think sod that for a game of soldiers .

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 13:04 - Jun 7 with 5822 viewsMick_S

It's gone mate. It's all gone.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 13:54 - Jun 7 with 5698 viewsrunningman75

Are people going to be sitting in the pub crowding around computers or maybe the hipster bar of the future could have personal booths with computers to stream matches .

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 14:08 - Jun 7 with 5673 viewskingsburyR

Christ.

That's footie well and truly finished.

I am Mr. Muggington who has both Sky Sports and BT Sport.

Amazon can stick it up their holes!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 14:09 - Jun 7 with 5664 viewsozranger

Um, er, something similar is already happening.

I remember a few years back went to see a game in Sydney where the pub didn't have the rights to the cable - BEIN or Setanta - and so someone who did have it on their laptop, connected that up to a big screen and we watched the match that way. Not really a problem for us, but not too sure about the pub and if they were breaking any laws or rights.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 14:10 - Jun 7 with 5657 viewsHayesender

ATM I pay £70 something a year for Amazon prime. I can see that being hiked right up to pay for this shite

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 14:11 - Jun 7 with 5653 viewskingsburyR

My local pub (free house) got caned for streaming a live Sky Prem game.

Fine was plenty of thousands!

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 14:38 - Jun 7 with 5606 viewsQPR_John

I only have Sky decided long ago will only pay one subscription. Sky wins at the moment because of Sky Atlantic. If it carries on this way with a myriad of outlets by definition each one will have less to show and will either reduce the subscription or lose customers.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 15:13 - Jun 7 with 5544 viewsrunningman75

I have been in the Canary Islands and been in places where I could watch 3.00 p.m kick offs on a Saturday afternoon often with a commentary from an ex English pro and thought about the absurdity of people in the UK " streaming" matches at that time.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 15:32 - Jun 7 with 5510 viewskingsburyR

I turned on Sky the other day. Ihad the sports choices of:

Chinese Super League football - Why?????
Netball Super League
Annnnnnndddddd
Football on a playstation. They were showing E-Soccer or some bollix.

That day made me question what I was actually paying for!

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 15:34 - Jun 7 with 5501 viewscolinallcars

I remember an Everton game being on Saturday morning last season because an Indian station had won the right to show it. The writing's on the wall for those that wish to attend the Prem in person. I'm happy in the Championship.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 15:35 - Jun 7 with 5498 viewsGalileo

Like most I have Sky and also BT as part of my broadband package.
I never watch Fri evening, Sat lunchtime and very rarely Sat evening or Sun lunchtime games. I am though in the habit of sitting down at 4pm on a Sunday and Monday evenings during the darker months and do take in some midweek Champs league knockout matches.

Therefore when I stop and think, I am not really getting good value for money considering some of the garbage served up by mediocre Prem league clubs hell bent on not losing, so Amazon can do one.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 15:41 - Jun 7 with 5487 viewsbob566

I pay for sky sports. Its gone to pot recently though. The only thing keeping me on it is pga tour golf. Otherwise I'd be gone. 4 of the 7 channels had netball on the other night.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 15:47 - Jun 7 with 5465 viewsMick_S

I still prefer the BBC's golf coverage as they actually (normally) show the match without too many interruptions and generally have British commentators. But they get about two days airtime a year.

Sky is choc full of adverts, golfing lessons/repeat analysis - if I see Polty Polts giving that bunker lesson to the kids one more time I'll kick the screen in and send him the bill. After that, It's back to the studio to listen to the rude bloke talking down to people then there is a bit of golf.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 16:23 - Jun 7 with 5364 viewscolinallcars

On a tangent, I really hope that the Beeb win back the Test Match coverage. I wouldn't have thought that a lot os Sky subscribers are bothered.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 18:30 - Jun 7 with 5227 viewsLazyFan

This is an experiment by Amazon. Yes, an expensive one. but still all the same an experiment.

If they are happy with the outcome, watch them and the rest all come in on the next round of bidding!!!

And so it continues......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 19:00 - Jun 7 with 5183 viewsactonman

have it all as keep cancelling / playing bt and sky against each other and then take up the offers when they call wanting me back.
As said , rarely watch Friday nights or Saturday games as I'm usually p!ssed or watching our shower
Then after the hype and flashy adverts all week, end up watching united / che#** bore the bllox of everyone on a Sunday afternoon

Unfortunate there will be many who jump on the amazon bandwagon aswel and then again when netflix or EE or someone else joins in

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 19:39 - Jun 7 with 5125 viewsCamberleyR

Exactly my first thought on reading it earlier.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 20:13 - Jun 7 with 5083 viewsted_hendrix

I don't have Sky, or the BT televisual thing nor do I have Amazon Primark or whatever the fck It's called.

So thankfully I'm out.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 20:43 - Jun 7 with 5064 viewscolinallcars

Me too. The caretaker in the flats where I live asked me a while ago if I was going to watch the playoff final on TV. When I said I didn't have Sky, he just stared as if I was insane.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 00:54 - Jun 8 with 4952 viewsqprjeff1882

So in order to watch these Amazon games. Will you need a prime account or will a free trial do just to watch them.
I had sky for a few years, just tv channels and the basic free internet i signed up with for £24pm, was only getting 5 mbs on average. Out of contract it went up to £71. Thought wtf am i paying for so went to Virgin last April for £39. Same tv and internet was averaging 50/60 mbs but a lot less channels to watch. Come end of contract and they want £53. Sky kept sending me letters to go back for £11pm. So called them up and went back with them. Normally now £20pm for all tv channels but not sports or movies Virgin wanted the same £39 for just internet and again thought fk that. So now with Vodafone for £21 guaranteed speeds of 25mbs, i actually get 38mbs all times of day. Will never again pay for sports all the while i can watch for free on apk's. It will probably be the same next year for tv.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 0:59]

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 08:26 - Jun 8 with 4835 viewsdaveB

Football fans don't help themselves with this. Always complaining about how much you have to pay to watch football on Sky, BT and now amazon yet when games like the world cup are on free to air people lose their shit at it saying how terrible the coverage is and they wish it was on Sky.

Amazon buy Premier League Package on 10:04 - Jun 8 with 4764 viewsUruguayanRanger

"with a basic cable package in the states, you can watch Bournemouth play Cardiff city and every other crappy premier league fixture no one wants to watch "

I live coverage is great in the States. When the 3pm GMT game finishes, they will go to another game just for the final few minutes. One time, a live game ended, so they went to another game to watch the final 5 minutes and saw three goals scored in that time!

All on a basic package.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024