Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goss 20:41 - Jul 4 with 8707 viewsrsonist

Seems to be firmly back in the fold and featuring heavily in the club's social media.

Just wondering if he might not turn out have a big role to play next season - if we're to take the Chris Martin interest as any sign of intent, then a key part of McClaren's Derby side was Hughes and/or Thorne as deep technical controllers, with the likes of Hendrick and Bryson doing the legwork box to box, which suits plenty of our other midfielders fine.

Also note Scowen today saying “I’d like to add more goals to my game. I spoke to the gaffer and he knows that I’m originally a ‘number eight’...

Goss on 21:18 - Jul 5 with 6090 viewsDorse

He said what?! No, Josh. Just no. Alright?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Goss on 21:48 - Jul 5 with 6026 viewsLythamR

Got goals at Barnsley from a more advanced midfield position and didnt he score our goal of the season

Goss on 22:18 - Jul 5 with 5972 viewsdannyblue

I love Scowen's anticipation and mopping up, but his long forward passes can be awful. Seeing his energy deployed further up the pitch could reap rewards.

Not sure about Goss as QB though.

Goss on 08:39 - Jul 6 with 5712 viewsToast_R

Goss, when will he be famous?

Goss on 08:52 - Jul 6 with 5677 viewssmegma

I can't answer that.

Goss on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 5599 viewsrsonist

Agree it's a big gamble not having Goss where he belongs, at the back coaching Leistner through games.

Goss on 10:07 - Jul 6 with 5560 viewssimmo

You have to assume that for a manager that loves possession based football, Goss would be right up Schteves alley. But he is and will remain unproven.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Goss on 10:23 - Jul 6 with 5516 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Surely he will eventually be proven though mate?
Either for good or bad.

Goss on 11:17 - Jul 6 with 5418 viewsswisscottage

Goss is a complete waste of money. You can't play that Carrick role unless you also provide adequate cover to the back four.

Goss is so light weight he makes Casper the Ghost seem like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I really don't see how he can have any future in English football.

Goss on 11:19 - Jul 6 with 5410 viewsstevec

I understand Glasgow Rangers fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Goss on 11:56 - Jul 6 with 5336 viewsWestbourneR

Powder puff academy player.

You need to get about the pitch and impose yourself in midfield these days. He doesn't like the graft.

Not what we need. Shame Rangers had him long enough to see through his glossy veneer - they were eager to buy at one point.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Goss on 12:10 - Jul 6 with 5303 viewsrsonist

That's the popular current line and I agree he didn't impress in the somewhat confused opportunities Ollie gave him.

Nevertheless he's still only 22 and players mature in different ways - certainly many ex-United ones have done so later than others. He clearly has some talent, we're under new management, and developing unfinished articles is now our stock in trade. I don't see why we should be all be closing the book on Goss just yet.

Goss on 12:23 - Jul 6 with 5274 viewsrsonist

I just really don't understand why grown men line up to spaff off these damning final verdicts. The weird shrill animosity of it. Why? It's so tedious.

Goss on 12:40 - Jul 6 with 5230 viewsswisscottage

Maybe he will improve the defensive side of his game, but so far he's been on our books for a year an a half and so far has shown absolutely zero aptitude for or improvement in the defensive side of his game.

The evidence on his shortcomings was there for all to see in his few appearances for us, and considerably more for Rangers.

He has repeatedly refused to go out on loan to lower league sides where he would pick up some much needed experience of the grafting side of the game, instead believing that 40 yard passes is all he needs too be able to do... that is just not enough in the current game.

When you take a look at the other youngsters we have brought in over the last 2/3 years, and the work rate, graft, and willingness to learn in lower league, the contrast is significant and is why I don't see how he fits into our 'right type' mentality.

Goss on 12:54 - Jul 6 with 5197 viewsrsonist

Again, I don't necessarily disagree entirely but the way he seems to have rubbed many here up the wrong way, I think we can be a little too quick to draw the hard line between Big Time Charlies and Honest Grafters. People - especially young people - are usually tend to be a little more complicated than that.

Obviously if we play him in a system that relies heavily on his grafting ability then he may always come up short.

Goss on 13:17 - Jul 6 with 5137 viewssexton

I've seen Goss play for both the first team (including at Brentford where he was hauled off at half time) and the stiffs. If you want to make a 40-yard pass your trademark move at least make sure you can do it accurately.

Goss on 13:20 - Jul 6 with 5131 viewsToast_R

I think we should give the boy a chance before all his attributes judged in adequate and he's just written off Harry Redknapp style. How dare we assume to know everything there is to know about someone who's had less opportunities to play for the first team than Sammy Kojoe.

Goss on 14:10 - Jul 6 with 5051 viewsswisscottage

Until he goes out on loan and proves that side of the game, he has no place in the current side. He didn't learn it at Rangers. He's not going to learn it in the U23s.

He's had 6 appearances for us, in which he was hopelessly out of his depth on every occasion, and he's had 13 appearance with Rangers where he's shown inconsistency with his passing and zero defensive capability and substituted on every single occasion because he was a liability.

He appears to be another example of a player who seems to improve in people estimations based on the amount of time he doesn't play. The reason Ollie wouldn't pick him is for the reason he just isn't good enough.

Goss on 14:12 - Jul 6 with 5043 viewssimmo

Yeah of course, but it was madness to buy a player with absolutely no professional experience hoping he'd be some kind of future Charlie Adam quarterback. It's also hard to see if a player will eventually become good enough when they refuse loans to get experience.

I appreciate that at 22 maybe you don't want to be loaned, but unless you're an Ian Wright, you should have already been playing week in week out somewhere other than the beautiful bowling greens of Carrington. I'm not writing him off having a career, but the fact he's already a few hundred games behind some of his counterparts suggests he's years away from being ready / good enough, even for us.

His age is higher than the number of pro appearances he has FFS.

Goss on 14:13 - Jul 6 with 5040 viewsGloucs_R

Jordon Mutch, remember him? Seems to have found his level playing for Vancouver Whitecaps. I suspect Goss could go the same way unless he improves rapidly and dramatically.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Goss on 14:13 - Jul 6 with 5040 viewsrsonist

Also to give him a chance to fail, and learn from it... maybe we've forgotten with the recent success of Eze, Smyth etc but that's usually how youth development works. At the end of the day the same people that signed they players we like now are the ones that saw something in Goss...

Bodging the Ben Gladwin and Will Keane templates together and sitting back to admire the judgement just isn't very constructive.

Goss on 14:22 - Jul 6 with 5012 viewssimmo

Even Eze, 2 years younger, has almost twice the pro appearances. Mainly because he was willing to go on loan and learn by playing in a lower league. The bonus is that it enhanced his development to the point where we could recall him early and start including him in the first team. Goss needs to do the same again because his time at Rangers didn't yield the same results as Eze's did.

Smyth was also playing reguarly in Northern Ireland - 50+ games for Linfield in 3 seasons before he came to QPR. He's also 2 years younger than Goss. So in that respect that IS how youth development works, pure academy games don't.

Also Goss was signed more with influence from Olly who wanted him to be like Charlie Adam and eventually have QPR playing like he had his Blackpool team. The problem is Goss is only the Charlie Adam of academy games, but he's a proper biy amongst men in the pro leagues.

Goss on 14:38 - Jul 6 with 4981 viewsTonto

Oh goody..
Does this mean we have settled on our boo boy for this year nice and early, or are we willing to give Washington a go?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Goss on 15:20 - Jul 6 with 4907 viewsswisscottage

for him to become a boo boy, he'll have to play........

Goss on 15:22 - Jul 6 with 4907 viewsWestbourneR

I'll consider myself told rsonist! It is a football message board, shrill animosity can be quite fun.

If you were anything to do with that 'we're richer than you sign' on your profile, I'd say you on shaky ground.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024