Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Nandos 17:16 - Aug 11 with 8079 viewsdavman

Not been that angry at a game for a long, long time. Unless I missed a blatant handball from the other end of the ground, that was never a penalty.

Then the game killing shite that football allows by not having a timer that stops the moment the ball is out of play. The ref gave 4 separate warnings to their 'keeper to hurry up with no punishment.

Then there was the small matter of just 1 minute 40 seconds play in the "5" added on.

Of course the secret is don't be behind if you don't want the oppo to do that, but my god, it was hard watching...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

In Nandos on 17:23 - Aug 11 with 5344 viewspaulparker

We are a naive team, to nice to play against , teams like she’d Utd, Preston, Leeds etc are going to bully us to death, we need a Bradley Johnson type in our midfield to be a nasty sod and get in the refs ear , it’s all well having fancy youngsters but we don’t know how to win ugly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

In Nandos on 17:35 - Aug 11 with 5258 viewsSimonJames

If you see Adel in Nandos tell him we miss him.

100% of people who drink water will die.

In Nandos on 17:36 - Aug 11 with 5249 viewsNortholt_Rs

Er....we just don’t know how to win at all.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

In Nandos on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 5169 viewsbillericaydicky

This exactly. Smith gets man handled every match but we don’t complain, we just politely get on with the game. No leader or nasty so and so to get in the Refs ear. That said Ive no idea what the penalty was for, answers on a postcard.

A long hard season ahead, urgent loans needed soon.

In Nandos on 18:06 - Aug 11 with 4969 views08olesen

The Ref should have cracked down on the time wasting, he was being made a mug of.

Aside from that I thought we were pretty poor today. Joel Lynch just doesn’t look like a ball playing CB and Luogno and Freeman went missing for large parts of the game.

Poll: Who will the other play off

In Nandos on 18:06 - Aug 11 with 4967 viewsWeaverQPR

Don't want to hit the panic button after 2 games but you certainly don't want to be cut adrift early on with a young squad.

@WeavQPR

In Nandos on 18:10 - Aug 11 with 4933 viewspaulparker

That’s 2 games that teams have time wasted and spoilt the game to their favour , we just don’t have an edge , I think we will be lucky to get to 40 points this season
The only bright star is Eze, what a player this lad could be enjoy him while you can because I can see a Bournemouth or Burnley in fir him in jan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

In Nandos on 18:20 - Aug 11 with 4838 viewsPinnerPaul

Pen I thought was - live, not seen since.

SmC said 1st was offside, again haven't seen it since.

Agree about the independent timekeeper and the ref not clamping down, 1, maybe 2 warnings, but then a yellow for GK surely.

6 seconds - again no one gives them, but surely if he's taking 20 seconds for each one, you have to at least warn him.

Fake injuries - so difficult, as I said last week, independent clock stopped when there is an 'injury' and this problem goes away.

Also why refs at this level allow treatment on the fop when its specifically NOT allowed in LOTG I don't know.

As I said in 'Just back', easy to blame the ref, but he wasn't the reason we lost.

In Nandos on 18:21 - Aug 11 with 4835 viewsStanisgod

Nailed on Palace.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

In Nandos on 18:29 - Aug 11 with 4770 viewsHunterhoop

Watch it again. That’s NEVER a pen. Wouldn’t have been a foul if they’d been playing basketball.

Ref was utterly useless.

In Nandos on 18:46 - Aug 11 with 4638 viewsnix

It’s not just for time wasting that these teams do it though. If so, then the time added on at the end would make up for it to some extent. It’s because it breaks up the play, stops us getting any rhythm or momentum.

How the ref allowed Mcgoldrick to pretend to be injured on the sidelines then stagger ONTO the pitch and then collapse to hold up play I just don’t know.

Didn’t look like a penalty in real time and McLaren has seen it several times and didn’t think it was. Also I could see Smith’s bare back throughout the tine he was on the pitch. But that’s clearly not a foul, cos, well he’s tall and s’not fair on the poor little defenders to have to mark him.

In Nandos on 18:54 - Aug 11 with 4560 viewsTacticalR

Opposition teams are using injuries to control the game.

The tone was set with the first interminable injury when the ref hadn't got a clue how to get things moving.

Air hostess clique

In Nandos on 19:06 - Aug 11 with 4474 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought we were very good in the first half, lacking only a centre-back to take the shirt from Lynch and a striker who's willing to sweat instead of Sylla. Hope the loan market will provide that.

What did worry me slightly was how we failed to respond on the field to United's basic ploy if dropping deep to block the spaces previously exploited by Eze and Freeman. And the lack of fight from some of the players in the last twenty minutes.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Two good loan signings would make a huge difference to this team and squad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

In Nandos on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 4455 viewsFDC

Brace yourself PP...

I agree with you here, we are lacking it that respect

In Nandos on 19:12 - Aug 11 with 4424 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Agreed thought Luongo was poor but Freeman had a good game, although tired second half. Understandable really after this week. Defence as a whole I thought was ok. Could do with a Leistner type for the midfield. Eze very good and Kakay industrious/busy. Nothing to talk about up front. Nothing. Two very difficult games out of the way, could easily have two points.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

In Nandos on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 4415 viewsFDC

Agree there too, it was lovely watching us pour forward on the break first half, second half where there wasn't any space was a lot less enjoyable, and threw up some old questions about breaking teams down.

In Nandos on 19:15 - Aug 11 with 4406 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, it did. I wonder what was missing....

It seems obvious to start with the striker(s) but they really offered us very little today. Perhaps also more runs past the ball from our midfielders?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

In Nandos on 19:17 - Aug 11 with 4387 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Think strength is what was missing. Utd had it in abundance.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

In Nandos on 20:20 - Aug 11 with 4116 viewssmegma

The referee warned their keeper on 73, 75 , 76 & 84 minutes. So having warned him once, surely a repeat of time wasting would see a yellow card produced ?? If not, WHAT was the point of warning him in the first place ?? Or second and third place? First half, Clarke went in late on on one of ours, ref said nothing. 3 minutes later he catches BFG with a flailing arm, ref said nothing. 94 minutes played , ref gives a yellow for kicking the ball away ?? Bit late for that. Also, the foul on Eze as he turned by the paddocks was dreadful and he played on claiming we had the advantage. When the game stopped, nothing said or done about the foul.
I also thought BFGs foul on McGoldrick was naughty, not a dicky bird from the referee. McGoldrick eventually went off injured as a result of the challenge.

But I must mention the Lino on the Ellerslie Rd side. When a keeper is holding the ball on the edge of the box, it's your job to see that the ball is not carried out of the box in the act of kicking the ball upfield. He definitely missed one occasion but possibly 3 occasions.

And McLaren is wrong, Billy Sharp was not offside for the equaliser. The ball was crossed sideways not forward so he was onside.

In Nandos on 20:31 - Aug 11 with 4075 viewsflynnbo

I noticed that too about their keeper dropkicking the ball out.

In Nandos on 20:54 - Aug 11 with 3986 viewsenfieldargh

Ref gives a pen, a couple of our players protest then trot on.

Ok thats probably the right way to do things

Every other team we play takes up a good 1-2 mins getting the the face of the pen taker, delaying things.

One time rewf pointed to the side he wanted keeper to take a goal kick...keeper then runs as slow as he can to the other side of 6yd box.

If a player goes down with a head injury he should be off the pitch for at least 5 mins to be assessed./ I'm getting really pissed with this gamesmanship

Extra hot p[lease

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

In Nandos on 21:19 - Aug 11 with 3900 viewsHamptonR

The Lino on the Ellerslie side was instructed by the ref, as they are at every game, but it was ridiculous when he held his flag directly above his head for what seemed like ages, waiting for the ref to tell him what to give.
It was a goal kick, the United player did all he could to keep it in but the ref gave a corner???

The goalie was told to put the ball down and take the kick, but he swapped sides and might as well of stuck two fingers up at the ref.

And at least two of his kicks after, 30 seconds or more ball holding were outside the area.

Are refs scared of what happens after a game, TV, press or their assessors?

I now know why no English refs were at the world cup and probably wont be for a while.

In Nandos on 21:45 - Aug 11 with 3794 viewsEsox_Lucius

The ref also told a QPR fan to " Fcük off you cockney cnüt" after the game after the fan walked past and loudly said to his mates with him, "Oh look it's Stevie Wonder". Security was called and 4 of them surrounded the ref and his assistants until their car arrived.

The grass is always greener.

In Nandos on 21:47 - Aug 11 with 3772 viewsHunterhoop

Excellent analysis. BUT, as an optimist, those signings are big asks, and we have little cash or time.

In Nandos on 21:53 - Aug 11 with 3745 viewsHunterhoop

Smeg, great post. But you’re wrong about the first goal. The ball is blatantly passed forward and it’s clearly offside. No way is Sharp behind the ballplayer or our defenders. He knew it too. Watch his reaction. Done twice we were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024