Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Support: "Ads help us run this site" banner 20:06 - Aug 28 with 2517 viewsFDC

This banner can't be closed, in either FF on my laptop, FF on my Android phone, or Chrome on my Android phone. Not so much an issue on my laptop as I can just click on another link on the page to get past it. But on my phone it covers the whole screen, making LFW unreadable. I get round it by manually changing the URL to a different page.

Anyone else have a problem with this banner?

Edit. Made FAO Support since a few people have the same problem of the 'continue' button not working
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 12:41]

Ads help us run this site on 20:18 - Aug 28 with 2486 viewsBoston

It's Capitalism mate, come to haunt you.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ads help us run this site on 20:42 - Aug 28 with 2439 viewsnix

I’ve had this too. With other sites if you press accept once, you don’t get this message. But with this site you get it every time you go into it. Maybe it’s not recording the fact you’ve acknowledged it. Anyway, if I accept it then refresh the browser it disappears.

Ads help us run this site on 20:58 - Aug 28 with 2415 viewsFDC

yeah the weird thing is i can't even 'accept' it, like the button to do so doesn't work. Sounds like it's an issue my end though if you can close it, cheers. I must have disabled something somewhere.

Ads help us run this site on 22:24 - Aug 28 with 2293 viewsTacticalR

Not everybody is acceptable.

Air hostess clique

Ads help us run this site on 22:26 - Aug 28 with 2285 viewsBluce_Ree

Yeah I can’t accept it either if I’m on Chrome at work.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ads help us run this site on 22:31 - Aug 28 with 2265 viewsNortholt_Rs

I have the same problem using my iPad

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ads help us run this site on 22:46 - Aug 28 with 2199 viewshamptonhillhoop

I've found that just refreshing the page gets rid of it on my phone

Ads help us run this site on 10:24 - Aug 29 with 2010 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The same for me. The 'continue to site' button just doesn't work. I have taken to using my phone where I can at least get rid of it.

Ads help us run this site on 10:37 - Aug 29 with 1990 viewsstevec

Every time I come on here to post pro loan/anti lower league signings I've noticed the banner pops up to block me too.

Ads help us run this site on 11:12 - Aug 29 with 1938 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think the ad block fairy has sorted it for me at least.

Ads help us run this site on 11:19 - Aug 29 with 1930 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I hope you are enjoying yourself in your 15 bedroom Villa in Monaco Clive, look at this ordeal you are putting us through.

Ads help us run this site on 11:23 - Aug 29 with 1921 viewsAshdown_Ranger

And while we're on the subject of ads, there are some distinctly dodgy ones on here - misleading at best, if not downright fraudulent.

I clicked on one spouting some lie about Elon Musk selling up to invest in some tech or other. It led to a website dressed up as a national daily newspaper website (it wasn't) reporting the (totally fabricated) story.

It was all a scam to sell bitcoin.

Hope the owners of this site can at least make an effort to only carry 'legal' advertising instead of this fraudulent scamming bullsh*t.

It's no wonder people use ad blockers.

Ads help us run this site on 11:45 - Aug 29 with 1886 viewsisawqpratwcity

+1 getting this.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ads help us run this site on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 1834 viewsFDC

I prefer to filter adblock for LFW so as to not jeopardise Clive's Peroni-fueled playboy lifestyle.

FAO Support: Ads help us run this site on 12:38 - Aug 29 with 1799 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm getting inundated with dating ads.

I swear, what is it about my 48-yr old bachelor existence that makes them bombard me with this offensive, mindless drivel?

And who do I thank?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FAO Support: Ads help us run this site on 12:45 - Aug 29 with 1768 viewsMytch_QPR

It could be worse: you could have Tony tweeting you in the small hours after a couple of bottles of Chenin Blanc.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FAO Support: Ads help us run this site on 12:52 - Aug 29 with 1750 viewsTacticalR

Thank the bachelor eligibility detecting software.

Air hostess clique

FAO Support: "Ads help us run this site" banner on 14:01 - Aug 29 with 1687 viewsNorthernr

All I can do is keep forwarding this to the people who run the network and hope a fix can be found, so I've done that and I'll let you know what they say. Annoying for me as it is for you.

FAO Support: "Ads help us run this site" banner on 14:03 - Aug 29 with 1676 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ahmmmmm, sure. But let's not be hasty, eh?

I mean I don't go for free dating myself, but, y'know, others might need it...

FAO Support: "Ads help us run this site" banner on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 1672 viewssimmo

Does that mean you go for paid dating??

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

FAO Support: "Ads help us run this site" banner on 15:57 - Aug 29 with 1599 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He's badgering the witness, y'r honour!

FAO Support: "Ads help us run this site" banner on 16:10 - Aug 29 with 1580 viewsNorthernr

I'll allow it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024