Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes 11:17 - Aug 31 with 4367 viewstraininvain

A few select quotes from a BBC interview with his good pal Robbie Savage.

"I was over four years at Stoke which isn't the norm anymore. We used to look at European leagues and see their manager turnover and laugh at them. Unfortunately you are in the situation now that there's this focus that you have to be successful as soon as you walk in and it's not always possible.

"My time at Stoke I will always look back on with pride as to be able to last so long in a high-profile job shows the good job I did there."

He tells Robbie Savage's Premier League Breakfast: "There will always be blame attached and I've always said 'yes absolutely, somethings you'd do differently with hindsight'.

"But it's never really all the fault of the manager. Sometimes he is the glue holding things together. I still believe that if they had kept me on they would still be in the Premier League.

"I knew the squad, the players, weaknesses and we were in the transfer window around that time. I'd said to the board we need a bit of help here to get us over the line. They agreed to that on the Thursday and unfortunately I was sacked on the Saturday. It's never just one thing, a lot of factors come together like a perfect storm."

Hughes is fast becoming my most hated person in football now that Captain Racist is no longer on the scene.

Mark Hughes on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 4264 viewsisawqpratwcity

Don't get upset: the man has absolutely no grasp of reality.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mark Hughes on 11:37 - Aug 31 with 4258 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hughes is fast becoming my most hated person in football

You are about 7 years behind everyone else here.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mark Hughes on 11:40 - Aug 31 with 4242 viewsRs_Holy

Savage is Mark Hughes bitch!

Mark Hughes on 12:55 - Aug 31 with 4068 viewswestberksr

Did Savage actually ask questions as I imaging he was too busy on his knees noshing his hero Hughes to make any sense.

He is the chairman, secretary and chief spunk receptacle in the Mark Hughes fan club!

Mark Hughes on 13:17 - Aug 31 with 3987 viewstimcocking

Unpleasantly put...

Mark Hughes on 01:37 - Sep 1 with 3736 viewssmegma

Truthfully put .........

Mark Hughes on 01:53 - Sep 1 with 3732 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I actually agree with his take on manager turnover, but just don't think it applies to him.

Was he sitting down or was he still sore from a date with Kia Joorbachian?

Mark Hughes on 02:45 - Sep 1 with 3699 viewstimcocking

He should at least have apologised. Such an awful job, shafted us as a club so badly for such a long time. How could he not have apologised for it? I hope he feels ashamed of himself, as he should.

As a Welshman i always absolutely loved Mark Hughes, so it was a bitter disappointment.

That Joorabcian bloke - i'd really love to get hold of him.

Mark Hughes on 07:28 - Sep 1 with 3565 viewswestberksr

I totally agree, but the Savage/Hughes love in is something that really irks me. The fact that it is given repeated public airing by a licence funded broadcaster makes it all the more irritating.

It has a close friend in the Cundy/Chelscum love in on Talkshite; but I don't feel that I indirectly fund that as I don't have a paydayloan, PPI claim or gambling account which appear to fund that outlet going by the commercial content

Mark Hughes on 07:50 - Sep 1 with 3512 viewsTGRRRSSS

It's not just SAvage though it seems to be across the board within football, I think back to that Man City fan who posted a warning about Hughes way back around the time of his appointment, Nostradamus he most certainly was!

It's curious though in fact his purple patch at Stoke seems to be something they fawn over and disregard the fact that little by little he destroyed them, and now they are where they are, I'd love to know the spending but it's noteworthy their record signing has left after barely playing, Hughes signed him for nearly £20m.

He must have some very powerful friends because others with even half his record get lambasted everywhere.

Many for instance slag off Pardew, but for me he's a better manager than Hughes has ever been.

In a way looking back I am glad Southampton stayed up as we can now see him take a side down, twice in 2 seasons would be good.
I doin't especially dislike Soton generally speaking but as they employed him I basically say well they've made they're bed.... I know a SAints fan and warned him, but after the last guy they were like "anyone else cannot be worse".....

Was sickening though managing to eek out a couple of results made him a Managerial genuis as opposed to a long time of messing up at Stoke is somehow whitewashed from history, likewise his period at QPR, it's not his fault or Harry's fault, it's the budget they got then they went and spent it etc.

I cannot stand Hughes and yes he is my most disliked man in football (just above Shaun Harvey currently)

Mark Hughes on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 3461 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hughes is second most hated. Redknobb will always win that award.

Candle face is hated by West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton us and Birmingham, that's some record!!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Mark Hughes on 08:31 - Sep 1 with 3442 viewsGroveR

"We will never be in this position again" said the manager of a club with 1 point from 9 and 3rd from bottom. Early days yet for sure but Southampton's summer transfers - a defender from Munchenmyballsack for £18m, a winger from Basel for £16m and a reserve keeper from City for £13m - all smack of Joorabchian deals.

Savage and most every other Welsh footballer (didn't Craig Bellamy hand in a transfer request when City sacked him?) will always defend him but the list of players who openly criticise the man is long and distinguished - Hangeland, Gabbidon, Clint Hill, Barton, Charlie Adam, Butland, Marc Wilson, Arnautovic... pretty staggering.

Mark Hughes on 08:43 - Sep 1 with 3418 viewskingsburyR

I'm firmly in the Redknapp camp. How one man can destroy so many clubs is beyond me.

And talkshite still roll him out as an "expert".

Gives us all hope I suppose.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Mark Hughes on 09:25 - Sep 1 with 3351 viewsDannyPaddox

I listen to a fair few games on the radio. Below is a startlingly accurate illustration of Robbie Savage's expert analysis squeak.

Mark Hughes on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 3260 viewstraininvain

I reckon it’s a close one between Hughes, Redknapp and Captain Racist.

Mark Hughes on 23:08 - Sep 1 with 2960 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm proud to be ahead of you, he was my most hated player 35 years ago.

Mark Hughes on 08:43 - Sep 2 with 2736 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Let's not forget that he was a filthy, cheating gob$shite of a player as well who regularly pretended to be elbowed or headbutted in attempts to get players sent off, including Macca once and Maddix twice.

Utter scum even before he ever took up management.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Hughes on 09:08 - Sep 2 with 2688 viewsCiderwithRsie

Exactly my thinking and now I think of it maybe it is linked to why he's so objectionable as a manager now - back then he was conning refs into thinking that the other player was guilty, now he's conning journos into thinking anything that goes wrong at his club is someone else's fault.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024