Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don Shanks Run for Stan 13:33 - Oct 12 with 14113 viewsdaveB

I know this has been mentioned a few times but just a reminder of Don Shanks running the New York Marathon raising money for Stan Bowles, he's a long way off his target at the moment so if anyone is able to sponsor him then please do so on the links below

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/shanks-to-run-new-york-marathon/

https://uk.gofundme.com/running-for-stan

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 13:29 - Oct 13 with 11954 viewsNov77

piece in todays Sun about it:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7462268/qpr-don-shanks-new-york-marathon-stan-bow

so far only 60 people have donated,
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 15:22]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 14:26 - Oct 13 with 11933 viewsHadders

Shouldn't this be a sticky? We should all donate something, I agree. Don Shank's friendship with Stan seems a wonderful example to us all.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 16:45]

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 20:22 - Oct 13 with 11841 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Had been intending to donate, but only got around to it this evening.

A bit taken aback that donations were only running at £2k.

I know we have raised money for Stan a number of times over the past few years, but to be honest, watching Stan play was such a fantastic joyful pleasure, I don't begrudge a penny I have donated.

Those of a certain age know what I mean.

Dig deep folks https://uk.gofundme.com/running-for-stan

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 20:44 - Oct 14 with 11594 viewshamptonhillhoop

Have donated now. Hopefully it will pick up as it gets nearer
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 20:45]

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 23:22 - Oct 14 with 11518 viewsHadders

Whoever made this a sticky, well done and thank you. Why wouldn't we support this?

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 11108 viewspaulparker

50k is loose change for an Amit or TF , why not give the money to Stan and have done with it
A paltry 2k is embarrassing for what’s raised when you think of the money we have wasted down the years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 19:49 - Oct 16 with 11053 viewshamptonhillhoop

You'd have thought the PFA might step in as well. I can't imagine they're short of a few quid and things like this are surely within their remit

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 20:14 - Oct 16 with 11041 viewsCamberleyR

They certainly aren't short of a few quid when they can afford to pay that absolute helmet Gordon Taylor circa £2.3m a year which equates in a week to what roughly DS is trying to raise for Stan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/16/gordon-taylor-salary-four-times
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 20:29]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 20:42 - Oct 16 with 11028 viewshamptonhillhoop

depressing read

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 02:03 - Oct 17 with 10953 viewsNov77

There’s an interview with Don Shanks on the talksport website from yesterday....

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1539680400/1539685800/

In the 11.30 TIL 12.00 slot, after about 17 minute mark
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 2:05]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 10:29 - Oct 17 with 10849 viewsRs_Holy

I'm going to donate during my lunchbreak but I was wondering if anyone on here ventured onto other messageboards?
The Man City, Forest and Brentford ones in particular may get a good response. To be honest tho its worth posting the link on as many as possible.

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 11:22 - Oct 17 with 10826 viewsNov77

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 14:05 - Oct 20 with 10251 viewsNov77

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 16:21 - Oct 21 with 9995 viewsNov77

from Alan Hudson's facebook page:

I spoke to my great pal Don Shanks yesterday as he took his seat for Tampa Bay (our old hunting ground) before heading for New York to run the Marathon on November 4th for his sidekick Stan Bowles and his last were to try to make as many people aware of his plight in raising funds for poor old Stanley's future, just look up the Stan Bowles Fund and evenn if its a couple of quid, it all adds up. Let's not forget Stanley was one of the greatest players of the Seventies and thrilled fans all over for a decade. I recall one match at the Bush after our Arsensal team had reached the 1978 FA Cup final the previous weekend, I think this could have been a Monday (not televised like today) and we tortured Rangers forv 90 minutes only for Stanley to get the ball twice and leave Pat Jennings sprawing like only he could, he was the 'Master of Cool' in the Box, please be generous for my mate, and I think you'll agree dementia and Alzeihmers are devastating illnesses. I can't tell you how sad I am when thinking of my old mate, thanks x Al.

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 10:18 - Oct 22 with 9856 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Done.

I think it will pick up nearer the run like the Tiger Feet walks do.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 21:16 - Oct 22 with 9681 viewsenfieldargh

Done.

Think about forgetting how to swallow..tragic.

Don Shanks absolute hero

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 16:28 - Oct 23 with 9478 viewsNov77

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 16:04 - Oct 24 with 9299 viewsWrightUp5hit___

And if you are at the Villa game, you can pick up one of these from the club shop.

https://www.facebook.com/100027977956563/posts/169361734006424/

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 02:02 - Oct 31 with 8361 viewsJigsore

is there no way I can pay via debit? I don't have Paypal and I rather wouldn't

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 13:34 - Nov 1 with 8084 viewsDesertBoot

There are three links via the QPR website.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 22:21 - Nov 1 with 7993 viewsqueensparker

Done after listening to the podcast this week. Fair play to old Don, I’m in my 40s and the thought of a marathon is terrifying

Still can’t picture Don Shanks without a massive bubble perm.

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 11:01 - Nov 2 with 7921 viewsMick_S

She (Mary Stavin) used to watch him from Ellerslie Road - I somehow managed to sit quite close to her on a regular (non-creepy) basis.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 11:18]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 13:24 - Nov 2 with 7873 viewsNov77

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 20:45 - Nov 2 with 7765 viewslondonscottish

Just sold some old stuff and lobbed on some of my returns.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Don Shanks Run for Stan on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 7638 viewsfrancisbowles

Don Shanks just been on the phone on the Robert Elms Saturday show.

There are three separate GoFundMe pages, Stan, Alzheimers and Qpr foundation. He is running for all three and you can donate to whichever cause you want to support or all of them separately. Just search GoFundMe and then Don Shanks.

I love Stan, my dad with dementia and my club's foundation are trying to help our former players with their medical needs and social care, so it's all three for me.

Good luck and thanks Don Shanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024