Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Brackley 10:29 - Oct 15 with 2354 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sad to learn the commentator Peter Brackley has passed. Always loved listening to him call a game.

I was having a beer with a mate in the station after the 4-4 Port Vale recovery, and he walked in sat down and joined us. We had a good craic with him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Peter Brackley on 11:09 - Oct 15 with 2298 viewsboobishabang

Grew up playing the Pro Evo series of football games on the PS2 and his voice as commentator on the early games will always be etched in the memory, RIP.

Peter Brackley on 11:20 - Oct 15 with 2282 viewsbosh67

RIP Peter. A great voice of sport.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Peter Brackley on 11:24 - Oct 15 with 2276 viewsTheChef

A great loss, my favourite football commentator. Never understood why he didn't get more high profile gigs when you had the likes of Clive Tyldesley knocking about.

RIP Peter.

Commentary 5 minutes in.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 11:25]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Peter Brackley on 11:25 - Oct 15 with 2274 viewspaulparker

Him and butch were always good on football Italia, RIP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Peter Brackley on 12:45 - Oct 15 with 2164 viewsR_from_afar

Definitely one of my favourites, along with Ron Jones. RIP Peter.

I did think Jon Champion and Ally McCoist were terrific together during the World Cup. Great chemistry, informative and entertaining,

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Peter Brackley on 14:36 - Oct 15 with 2054 viewspaesanu

One of the best 90s voices on TV! RIP.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Peter Brackley on 16:04 - Oct 15 with 1992 viewsonlyrinmoray

Thanks for posting this Im sorry to hear about Peter Brackley his voice brought back memories of Football Italia a great show I loved James Richardson and his clever humour (the Roma robbery ) and the opening skit with Gazza. I wanted his life drinking cappuchinos and talking football, in sunny cafes

It was also the start of my love affair with Parma who became my second team. I still haven't been to the Tardini but have seen them twice in the UK. Happy days

Peter Brackley on 19:10 - Oct 15 with 1901 viewsLythamR

He was very easy to listen to, the word i will always remember in his voice will be "Batistutaaaaa"

Peter Brackley on 06:50 - Oct 16 with 1780 viewsNorthernr

Nobody shouted Ravenelli quite like him.
Absolutely adored Football Italia when I was a kid.

Peter Brackley on 08:38 - Oct 16 with 1722 viewsTheChef

Was hoping to emulate the Richardson lifestyle when I went to Italy for a year's study as part of my degree - succeeded to some extent hanging out in cafes, somewhat less so in terms of football as I was in Padova and they were toilet that season and got relegated from Serie B.

Fortunately Vicenza down the road were in Serie A then, so I got to see the likes of Baggio, Batistuta, Zidane, Del Piero, Maldini all in the flesh. Magical days.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Peter Brackley on 08:45 - Oct 16 with 1718 viewsMrSheen

Brackley made a great team with Don Howe. PB sprang nimbly over the hurdles of pronunciation (Vierchowod! Tagliatella! Savicevic!) like a fine showjumper, while dear old Don crashed straight through the middle (the boy Fuser).

Peter Brackley on 13:05 - Oct 16 with 1624 viewsR_from_afar

I loved the programme too. Did you see Richardson's "Emerson, Lake and Parma" set piece? That was quality . He showed a clip of Emerson (the footballer not Keith (RIP)), then pointed to a body of water near where he was dining - he was always eating - then said that Parma were up next.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024