Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the dream (non QPR - kind of) 13:32 - Oct 24 with 1514 viewssimmo

"Tottenham created history by being the first team in the Premier League era to not sign anyone during the summer transfer window, but there was a new face in their opening-day win at Newcastle. Luke Amos was promoted to the squad and given his first five minutes of action in the top flight. The 21-year-old tore his ACL in a reserve game against Blackburn the following week and is now out for the season. That has enabled an even younger midfielder to push himself forward."

Great to see and hear. Local players, nurtured correctly, no mass loans where unnecessary and young players given opporutnities where deserved.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/23/tottenham-hotspur-academy-youth

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This is the dream (non QPR - kind of) on 13:41 - Oct 24 with 1483 viewsTonto

The one advantage Spurs/Pochettino has, is that there are pretty much established in the top 6 of the premiership. The magerial seat is about as cold as it gets provided they dont implode and end up below 7th. That means he has the luxury of a bit of time to be able to blood a few younsgers in a team which is pretty much established.

I m hoping, therefore, that with our/McClaren's position increasing getting more stable tht our youngsters get integrated into a stable side as subs/injury/suspension replacements, giving them first team time without the pressure of keyboard warriors on mesage boards ranting at every loss and desperate to point finger sat every error. but I wouldn't be brnging in a youngster just for the sae of it, just at he point when our team is gelling...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 13:42]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024