Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haringey Borough 20:21 - Nov 9 with 4218 viewsjonno

Just watching their FA Cup game on TV and I notice they have an artificial pitch. Are they now allowed for professional games?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:27 - Nov 9 with 4131 viewsDesertBoot

In FA Cup matches yes. It used to be the first round only but that was extended to all a few years back.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 21:52]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Haringey Borough on 22:05 - Nov 9 with 4070 viewssmegma

Last season they had a game postponed due to snow. On an 'all weather' pitch.

Haringey Borough on 22:26 - Nov 9 with 4053 viewsSharpy36

Upto and including the National league, plus the FA cup Jonno.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Haringey Borough on 23:15 - Nov 9 with 4002 viewsDannyPaddox

Watched it on the Beeb. A great FA Cup night. Two teams, all heart, trying to win a game of football in the p.issing rain. That's what it's all about. Not 1000s of fans being sold short as all the best players are rested.

I hope Haringey Borough can use tonight to build on their fan-base. I know what I'd do if I had a non-league team on my doorstop and the only other options were the Arse and the Spuds.

Haringey Borough on 23:21 - Nov 9 with 3995 viewssmegma

Good to see a team from Tottenham have a decent pitch.

Haringey Borough on 00:45 - Nov 10 with 3964 viewsSharpy36

They said during the game that Haringey were expected to receive 150k from this game which would be spent on a new fitness area for the 1st team and academy plus bringing their ground up to future ground regs should they climb the the football pyramid.

A lifeline to many non league teams is money spinners such as we witnessed tonight, shame that after the next round the good old beeb will see fit to turn their backs on grass roots football.

Support your local non league clubs..

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Haringey Borough on 01:06 - Nov 10 with 3954 viewsMistication92

Shame they couldn't take them back for a replay as well, they certainly deserved another shot. On that showing Wimbledon look a good bet for relegation.

Haringey Borough on 06:48 - Nov 10 with 3895 viewsjonno

Thanks for the answers lads.

Haringey Borough on 09:09 - Nov 10 with 3784 viewspaulparker

I miss our old plastic pitch , those were the days , we had decent kits , Guinness as sponsors , crafty old Jim as owner , we had El Tel we had Fenwick , Allen, stainrod, Dawes , micklewhite , Bannister, Byrne , Wicks , Fereday , Waddock and Hucker , we were unique we used to stand out from the others , halcyon days indeed
Btw I liked the look of the black fella at the back for Wimbledon he had a bit of something special about him he reminded me of an early Paul Parker and was built like a tank to boot

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Haringey Borough on 11:40 - Nov 10 with 3671 viewscyprusmel

BBC report that a 5 match run in the competition has earned them more than 150,000 pounds and secured their future.
This on the same day Raheem Sterling signs a contract for 300,000 pounds a week.
As Jimmy Greaves said "It's a funny old game".

Haringey Borough on 11:45 - Nov 10 with 3661 viewsPinnerPaul

I've run the line there on several occasions - very good pitch.

Haringey Borough on 19:20 - Nov 10 with 3526 viewsGloryHunter

It's a 4G pitch, made from artificial grass fibres and a filling of sand and rubber crumb. Unfortunately the rubber crumb can be made from old tyres and there have been suggestions it is a health hazard. See:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/19/3g-pitches-gave-son-cancer-stop-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024