Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells goal 21:45 - Dec 26 with 6950 viewsE17hoop

[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 21:45]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Wells goal on 16:57 - Dec 27 with 1858 viewsrsonist

You're confused. It was a great goal and I said nothing to diminish it. I was talking about (and comparing Spurs' purely wrt) its categorization as a team goal, which has no bearing on its quality. Anyway, it's really not important and I regret making the observation now - the club are running with the tweet and everyone's chuffed.

Wells goal on 16:57 - Dec 27 with 1857 viewsstevec

Just enjoy it.

Iā€™d spent the previous 4 seasons waiting for us to put 3 passes together.

Wells goal on 20:43 - Dec 27 with 1737 viewsbosh67

Just a little footnote on this goal. Apart from 'we're like Man City but we win games' is how good all the touches and passes by Scowen were. Good to see the lad getting back to his best on Saturday.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells goal on 21:00 - Dec 27 with 1712 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have watched this goal a few times today, a lot of times in fact.

If we score a better goal this season, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells goal on 22:46 - Dec 27 with 1643 viewsCroydonCaptJack

During the move I said to my son if we score from this it will be a great goal.
Definitely a joined up goal. No pleasing some people.

Wells goal on 23:08 - Dec 27 with 1612 viewsCiderwithRsie

Scowen getting back on form is a huge plus - last year's star player, he was very erratic when coming in for Cameron. I felt sorry for him, but really peed off with stupid red cards etc. Having him back to his potential and Cousins looking decent are big positives for me.

Wells goal on 01:53 - Dec 28 with 1553 viewstimcocking

Perhaps not, but nonetheless it was a superb example of keeping possession in a very meaningful manner and any time you do that long enough, you're going to cause problems for any team. So to cap off a comfortable win, our third in quick succession, with such a lovely goal after such a great spell of possession was, to me at least, an absolutely beautiful, wonderful QPR moment, one of the best in a while.

As to the Spurs goal, don't know, don't care. Won't see it, not interested in them. Besides, they should be able to score better goals than us; their team costs hundreds of millions more than ours.

Wells goal on 10:53 - Dec 28 with 1488 viewssimmo

In the interview on Offish, Chair said he put it there withouth really looking as he knows from training that Wells makes that run and would be around that area, maybe a little convenient truth but he seems to play it with some conviction.

It was a great goal though, I didn't appreciate the build up as much at the time because I was so in awe of the finish. To whip it like that with your weaker foot after the ball running across you... It was the only place he could have put it to guarantee the goal and was the deserved goal we needed to kill the game completely. He's some player...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wells goal on 11:10 - Dec 28 with 1469 viewsHadders

A clip from our last promotion season, while McClaren was still coach (I think).
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 18:21]

Wells goal on 12:52 - Dec 28 with 1414 viewsqprd

he is playing well... it probably helps that Cameron and luongo are out so he doesn't have to look over his shoulder ... his over-eagerness was probably a function of wanting to keep his place in the team

now if only he will stop with his speculative 30 foot volleys and other coutinho-range shots

Wells goal on 13:01 - Dec 28 with 1393 viewsBklynRanger

'his over-eagerness was probably a function of wanting to keep his place in the team' - that's exactly what I was thinking too.

Even when he was officially 'not playing well' he would (imo) do quite well for someone who hadn't been a regular, only to ruin the overall performance with a moment of rashness/over-eagerness/sometimes fcuking daftness.

Worst example I can think of is when he gave that penalty away against [insert team it's been a heavy Christmas]. Bidwell looked to have it covered only for Scowen to needlessly bring him down from behind. We do loose Cameron's heading ability but I like Goblin Boy a lot.

Wells goal on 13:06 - Dec 28 with 1387 viewssimmo

Blackburn, and I think that was what made McClaren think he couldn't be trusted. Blackpool then Blackburn he had mares and Schteve seemed to write him off a bit. He's showing his worth now though, pleased he's back in the starting 11

Wells goal on 13:18 - Dec 28 with 1373 viewsBklynRanger

Right, thanks - Blackburn - glad someone still has a brain cell left :)

Wells goal on 13:19 - Dec 28 with 1369 viewsNorthernr

I don't know how after the Christmas we've had at LFW Towers

Wells goal on 14:09 - Dec 28 with 1325 viewsTacticalR

Yes, McClaren was the coach then, but it was Niko pulling the strings. That stopped working when other teams got wise to it and didn't let Niko have time on the ball.

Air hostess clique

Wells goal on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 1294 viewssimmo

My organs are actually aching today. It's been a tough few weeks...

Wells goal on 15:05 - Dec 28 with 1284 viewsBklynRanger

My stomach lining is in tatters and I have a strange anxiety such that if someone snuck up on me I'd hit them with a blunt implement of some description e.g. a large ornament.

After mulling my situation over for some time I've decided that the solution to this is to give up on 'working from home' and watch more of that Sunderland thing with an experimental glass of port.

Wells goal on 16:12 - Dec 28 with 1252 viewsLazyFan

I wonder how this goal compares to the many passes for Gallen's Goal against West Brom in the 2006/2007 season where we drew 3-3 at their place.

I can only see part of the move (not all passes) for that on the net, not the full set for the goal. If anyone has that, we can compare, as that is my favourite goal for QPR.

I think Wells goal had more passes (I am not sure) but Gallen's goal involved more of the team. If I recall 9 of our players touched the ball and it was worked around even better than this one and away :)

Problem is if you only show part of it, it looks cr@p, you have to see the whole goal.
Does anyone have it?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Wells goal on 18:16 - Dec 28 with 1179 viewsPunteR

This.^

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wells goal on 08:58 - Dec 29 with 1043 viewsFearless

My memory is fading, but I seem to remember Gerry Francis complaining on MOTD that they only showed 2 touches for a goal when it had been ā€œ20ā€ passes.
It may have been a Bradley Allen goal at Everton - not sure.

Anyway, the following week MOTD showed the whole build up

Anyone shed some light on this?

NB: I may have all the details wrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024