Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells goal 21:45 - Dec 26 with 6952 viewsE17hoop

[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 21:45]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Wells goal on 21:49 - Dec 26 with 5035 viewsBoston

Our revival, all down to simple arithmetic.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wells goal on 22:02 - Dec 26 with 4963 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goal of the season so far, I would say.

It was a superb move. I'm not sure that the final pass by Chair was meant for Wells, it might have been just a nice pass into the danger area, but one way or the other the entire sweeping poetry was a great example of pass and move, and pass and move only happens when a team is well coached, well-drilled and well.. Wells did the rest...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells goal on 22:07 - Dec 26 with 4924 viewsbosh67

There is a real beauty in the way he shields a ball in from the right behind him and then guides it back round to the goal with that left foot. Second time he's done it and it is unstoppable because the momentum takes the ball past the keeper before he can react. It's like a slingshot.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells goal on 22:13 - Dec 26 with 4899 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Perfectly put.

Plus, the keeper was unsighted by the crowd as a result of what you describe, Bosh. I love a goal where the attacker uses bodies to beat the keeper. Real intelligence.

Wells goal on 22:18 - Dec 26 with 4867 viewsrsonist

I'm a little nonplussed by this tweet to be honest - think it highlights how misleading stats can be. We kept possession very nicely but to link what happened in the final third - which was a big bit of defensive nonsense and a little bit of cuteness from Nakhi - to what preceded it and call it all a great concerted move seems silly, I don't know.

Wells goal on 22:22 - Dec 26 with 4836 viewsAntti_Heinola

the tweet doesn't call it a great concerted move, just says it's the second most passes before a goal this season.

Bare bones.

Wells goal on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 4768 viewsrsonist

Yes OK it's carefully worded but the implication is still that it's a single move - otherwise why highlight it at all.

You can compare it to Tottenham's third today (Walker-Peters' cutback to Lucas) for a goal that's a more credibly "joined up" team effort as it were.

Wells goal on 22:48 - Dec 26 with 4763 viewsBrianMcCarthy

True. And even the greatest team goals take advantage somewhere along the way of a defensive slip, or utile an attacking sleight-of-foot.

Wells goal on 23:19 - Dec 26 with 4638 viewsAntti_Heinola

yeah to be fair, we won't be as good as spurs for another few months yet.

Bare bones.

Wells goal on 23:50 - Dec 26 with 4550 viewsJamesB1979

Not sure I understand. I thought it was a great move and we kept possession well, with nice pull back into danger zone, then lovely finish by Wells. Great goal.

Wells goal on 00:25 - Dec 27 with 4479 viewsqprd

Absolutely.

Wells has scored all but one goal with his “weaker” left foot

Hard to believe 4 months ago we thought our strike force would consist of a guy who couldn’t do anything with his weaker left foot (and routinely took extra touches just to get it on his right), a guy who only contributed inside the six yard box and another who couldn’t use his feet at all

Wells goal on 00:39 - Dec 27 with 4436 viewsPunteR

How poor was Washington and Sylla for us? Wells has made a massive difference. Quality player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wells goal on 01:20 - Dec 27 with 4369 viewstimcocking

Wasn't the goal the same goal he scored last week? I assume there was a wormhole at play somewhere or other...

Wells goal on 09:19 - Dec 27 with 4194 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Wells goal on 09:56 - Dec 27 with 4109 viewsBoston

No, it’s all McLaren really.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wells goal on 11:04 - Dec 27 with 4006 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair claims it was meant for him - either way it was a class turn and finish.

Loved the way he just let the ball run across his body and the finish was just perfection!

Wells goal on 11:06 - Dec 27 with 4000 viewsPinnerPaul

Really can't believe that anyone can find something negative to post about it and 'Not as good as Tottenham's' is one of the sillier things I've read on here!

Wells goal on 13:28 - Dec 27 with 3831 viewsFearless

Wells goal on 13:51 - Dec 27 with 3777 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb.

Thanks or posting that, Fearless.

Wells goal on 13:54 - Dec 27 with 3766 viewstraininvain

A real beauty. Good to see Chair get some minutes yesterday. Much better for youngsters to come into a winning side high on confidence.

Wells goal on 15:21 - Dec 27 with 3646 viewsPunteR

Brilliant to watch us keep the ball and intelligently used around the pitch. Superb finish. Well worth highlighting this goal.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wells goal on 15:57 - Dec 27 with 3589 viewsqprd

chairs off the ball movement between passes 13 and 19 is brilliant for a player of his age
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 15:58]

Wells goal on 16:11 - Dec 27 with 3539 viewsrsonist

Good job no one actually said that then.

Wells goal on 16:25 - Dec 27 with 3510 viewsPinnerPaul

Didn't know the quote police were out.

You said it was silly to call it a joined up move and that Tottenhams' goal was more 'credible'

Seems very strange to carp about such a wonderful effort.

Wells goal on 16:45 - Dec 27 with 3463 viewsAntti_Heinola

having got the chance to watch that properly in context, it is a great move - working the ball back and forth patiently looking for an opening or a gap. Bloke behind me was no doubt bellowing 'FORWARD' through most of it, as his idiotic wont, but nonetheless, a lovely goal.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024