Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A New Year message from VB 13:45 - Dec 28 with 686 viewsHannibal

‘Dear Blackpool fans,

In this dark but wonderful time of the year I would like to send you good thoughts and wishes.

Yes, our Club is going through perhaps the darkest times in its history. It is very sad and frustrating to see that it takes so long. Another year has passed yet there seems to be no progress.

I have been criticised because of the slow progress that is being made. I share your concerns and take the criticism. I feel the frustration together with you. Unfortunately, the path that we have been forced to take is long, harmful and dividing the fans. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that this is the only path that we can follow given the current circumstances. The progress is slow but it is inevitable. I strongly believe that we will see changes next year.

Today the only person who can make quicker progress is Owen. The fastest way towards a solution is for Owen to settle the Judgement debt and facilitate the changes. Any other proposals, speculations or alternative scenarios would make it lengthier, require extensive due diligence and draw the process out well into 2019. If Owen really wants to help the Club, he needs to pay the debts and allow changes to happen. Unfortunately, the level of trust between us is at its historical lowest point.

I have said before and maintain my position that I would seriously consider my involvement in Blackpool only when the legal dispute with Owen is settled. I would only do it together with a strong local partner. I know that there are serious and honorable businessmen who are thinking about Blackpool FC. At the moment it is too early to discuss my involvement as no agreement has been reached.

Once the legal dispute is settled, I will discuss my future work in Blackpool FC with investors and I will solve the EFL issue.

Every crisis is an opportunity. Every difficult situation needs a different solution to overcome it. This crisis has led to a creation of Blackpool Supporters Trust - a strong and reputable organisation with not only local but I would say also a national agenda. Owners can come and go but Blackpool fans will always stay. I would encourage you to stay united, strong and fair. And when the changes come you will come out of this crisis stronger and more confident. Please remain united!

The Club is more than 130 years old now. It has experienced several owners. We have to give credit to Owen Oyston for what he has done for the Club in the past. But sooner or later if you step in the way of progress you need to understand it and allow changes to happen.

Perhaps Owen now needs to realize that the referendum on the subject 'Owen Exit' has already happened. Perhaps it is time for Owen to allow changes to happen.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!’

Valeri Belokon

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

A New Year message from VB on 13:51 - Dec 28 with 425 viewsROTTWEILERS

Nothing new being said here.

Hopefully it smokes the old goat out though.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

A New Year message from VB on 13:54 - Dec 28 with 421 viewsLala

It implies change is a coming but as Rotts says it's been says before.

Am I sensing he can sort the EFL issue out without a second thought? And is he implying a local investor is nailed on once Owen has budged?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

A New Year message from VB on 13:55 - Dec 28 with 421 viewsjanegallagher

I disagree, People were questioning whether he really did have an interest going forward in Blackpool Football Club, to me he’s just confirmed it.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 14:08 - Dec 28 with 415 viewsHannibal

I doesn’t sound like him at all to me. It sounds like a song straight out of the BST songbook. Maybe it’s been ‘ghost written’? It’s too long, too wordy and too English. I think it’s a work of fiction or an embellishment of what he actually did say which was nothing new from what he’s previously said. Not a lot in other words.

A New Year message from VB on 14:13 - Dec 28 with 411 viewsjanegallagher

I’d be really peed off if proved not to be genuine.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 14:16 - Dec 28 with 409 viewsHannibal

It sounds like BST’s idea of what he would say to me Jane. I know I’m an old cynic but I seriously don’t believe that’s from the pen of VB. it’s like a statement from VB imagined by BST.

A New Year message from VB on 14:24 - Dec 28 with 403 viewsHannibal

‘This crisis has led to a creation of Blackpool Supporters Trust - a strong and reputable organisation with not only local but I would say also a national agenda.’

Is Valeri Belekon really going to bother to say that?

What do you think BRR2? Sounds like it could have been written by you? That’s straight out of your portfolio!

A New Year message from VB on 14:49 - Dec 28 with 393 viewsHannibal

This is from that solicitor bloke on the other site. The one who gobbed off, got sued, coughed up without even trying to defend himself despite his legal training...

‘...bar to odd grammatical correction (which BST were invited to make by Riga) that’s straight from Latvia word-for-word.’

Yeah. It’s bollocks written by BST and they are lapping it up on there.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 14:52]

A New Year message from VB on 15:00 - Dec 28 with 378 viewsjanegallagher

If it does all come off and Belokon takes over with a local investor, majority of people will not want BST having any privileged positions.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 16:05 - Dec 28 with 360 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Yes, it is genuine, and I for one am grateful that BST managed to persuade him and his people that it was needed. It will lift some people's spirits, and that alone makes it a worthwhile enterprise for me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

A New Year message from VB on 16:09 - Dec 28 with 358 viewsROTTWEILERS

I'm not sure why BST come in for flak? Don't shoot the messenger.

VB is a wrong un - I am more assured of that with each passing day, week, month and empty statement.

I could've summed this statement up in a nutshell.... "I still want my cash the easy way (for me)".

However, if it provokes a response then it will have served some purpose, I suppose.

A New Year message from VB on 16:11 - Dec 28 with 357 viewsHannibal

It will please stupid people that listen to your lies or can’t think for themselves.

Anyone who has half a brain will see that it’s been written by someone else probably you as a jolly New Year treat for the vacuous.

WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE HERE AND THERE? I don’t believe you’re that stupid to suck up all this stuff publicly and seek to influence people’s thinking because you actually believe it. I think my previous post about critical thinking rather sums it up though. I already know the issues with you I’d just like others to have their eyes opened to you too.

A New Year message from VB on 16:17 - Dec 28 with 350 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

"Anyone who has half a brain will see that it’s been written by someone else probably you as a jolly New Year treat for the vacuous."

I'm sure the Blackpool fans up and down the country will be pleased to know what YOU think of them.

I'd also venture to suggest that "anyone who has half a brain' would realise that, if you are seriously suggesting that I wrote that statement, you are :

a) giving me far more credit than I deserve and

b) utterly barking.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

A New Year message from VB on 16:19 - Dec 28 with 348 viewsHannibal

Do YOU speak for all the Blackpool fans?

A New Year message from VB on 16:40 - Dec 28 with 339 viewsLala

MY Fitbit is showing a definite spike in heart rate this afternoon

A New Year message from VB on 16:42 - Dec 28 with 337 viewsjanegallagher

I’m on the sherry

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 16:50 - Dec 28 with 331 viewsHannibal

He’s a great guy isn’t he? I can really see his warm cuddly side on here today.

Think I might have to hit the crack pipe pretty soon.

A New Year message from VB on 16:52 - Dec 28 with 329 viewsjanegallagher

Spliff and hoover anyone?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 16:53 - Dec 28 with 328 viewsHannibal

Thanks for your support everyone.

A New Year message from VB on 17:24 - Dec 28 with 310 viewsstu

'Please remain united! '

Think BST should remind people like Halifax what that means from Belokon Chance for them to try and bring together fractured fan base.

Tangerine is the new black

A New Year message from VB on 17:30 - Dec 28 with 305 viewsROTTWEILERS

Therein lies the problem stu. For some people that comment means united with close friends/family that have been sued. For others that means remain united with pals that have been abused for attending games.

That's why I try and fill this board with as much FOOTBALL content as possible. Unfortunately, I think there are plenty on both sides that are revelling in their victim status.

Nice to see BST's Accy Stanley initiative btw.

A New Year message from VB on 17:32 - Dec 28 with 304 viewsjanegallagher

What’s that Rott?

I agree with Stu, BST should be reminding people that tolerance is required. If they’re supposed to be the voice of the fans then they need to step in.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 17:44 - Dec 28 with 291 viewsROTTWEILERS

In many ways, it's necessary to hear extreme views like those of Halifax as it's a poison that needs drawing out. I don't think we'd have such a cracking forum if it wasn't for that nonsense. I'd like to think the tide is turning towards tolerance and such angry but impotent views are a necessary evil.

He isn't representative of BST as a whole though.

A New Year message from VB on 17:52 - Dec 28 with 286 viewsstu

id say he is thats why id like to see BST crackdown on it.

Tangerine is the new black

A New Year message from VB on 17:58 - Dec 28 with 277 viewsLala

I kinda see both viewpoints. I think he is representative of the 'avftt' BST membership but I would like to think the wider membership value tolerance but just don't have a vocal outlet, and let's be honest if they do vocalise that tolerance on avftt, as a few of us have, then they become a target for abuse.

I'm hoping the silent voice of the BST membership are reasonable tolerant people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024