Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A New Year message from VB 13:45 - Dec 28 with 542 viewsHannibal

‘Dear Blackpool fans,

In this dark but wonderful time of the year I would like to send you good thoughts and wishes.

Yes, our Club is going through perhaps the darkest times in its history. It is very sad and frustrating to see that it takes so long. Another year has passed yet there seems to be no progress.

I have been criticised because of the slow progress that is being made. I share your concerns and take the criticism. I feel the frustration together with you. Unfortunately, the path that we have been forced to take is long, harmful and dividing the fans. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that this is the only path that we can follow given the current circumstances. The progress is slow but it is inevitable. I strongly believe that we will see changes next year.

Today the only person who can make quicker progress is Owen. The fastest way towards a solution is for Owen to settle the Judgement debt and facilitate the changes. Any other proposals, speculations or alternative scenarios would make it lengthier, require extensive due diligence and draw the process out well into 2019. If Owen really wants to help the Club, he needs to pay the debts and allow changes to happen. Unfortunately, the level of trust between us is at its historical lowest point.

I have said before and maintain my position that I would seriously consider my involvement in Blackpool only when the legal dispute with Owen is settled. I would only do it together with a strong local partner. I know that there are serious and honorable businessmen who are thinking about Blackpool FC. At the moment it is too early to discuss my involvement as no agreement has been reached.

Once the legal dispute is settled, I will discuss my future work in Blackpool FC with investors and I will solve the EFL issue.

Every crisis is an opportunity. Every difficult situation needs a different solution to overcome it. This crisis has led to a creation of Blackpool Supporters Trust - a strong and reputable organisation with not only local but I would say also a national agenda. Owners can come and go but Blackpool fans will always stay. I would encourage you to stay united, strong and fair. And when the changes come you will come out of this crisis stronger and more confident. Please remain united!

The Club is more than 130 years old now. It has experienced several owners. We have to give credit to Owen Oyston for what he has done for the Club in the past. But sooner or later if you step in the way of progress you need to understand it and allow changes to happen.

Perhaps Owen now needs to realize that the referendum on the subject 'Owen Exit' has already happened. Perhaps it is time for Owen to allow changes to happen.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!’

Valeri Belokon

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

A New Year message from VB on 18:03 - Dec 28 with 184 viewsjanegallagher

Would love to think that LaLa. I know who quite a few posters are on avftt and I’m amazed at some of the things they write. It’s like when they go on there, they have to behave in a certain way to fit in.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 18:10 - Dec 28 with 178 viewsROTTWEILERS

Playing devil's advocate, I would struggle with the tolerance if a close family member was sued. That said, being wronged does not offer carte blanche to be abusive to others.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

A New Year message from VB on 18:12 - Dec 28 with 172 viewsjanegallagher

Tolerance with who?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 18:14 - Dec 28 with 164 viewsLala

If a family member was sued I would be livid and rightly so. But my anger would be with the perpetrators.

I honestly don't think I would 'expect ' every fan to feel the same on my behalf though, and as a consequence would like to think my hatred would be aimed where it should be.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

A New Year message from VB on 18:18 - Dec 28 with 162 viewsROTTWEILERS

What I'm trying to say is, we are all rational and chilled-out mo-fos. I couldn't see me being so sanguine and rational if my brother had been sued.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 18:24]

A New Year message from VB on 18:26 - Dec 28 with 156 viewsjanegallagher

As LaLa says, aim it at the perpetrators.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 18:28]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A New Year message from VB on 18:44 - Dec 28 with 144 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"Tin hat on"

Glad and somewhat surprised to see the statement from VB. Good that BST got him to issue it.
Think if people are honest, it's really more of a holding statement and really just confirms things he's been quoted as saying in the past, but many people just wanted to hear something.
People on both ends of the spectrum have made their minds up, and being football fans ain't going to change, so will read into that statement whatever suits their position.
Think I'm the only person who doesn't think this will be sorted for at least the next 12 months, and I'm comfortable with that. Rather get it done right, then have the club owned by one chancer after the other.
As I see it, at this moment VB is the only tool we've got to getting rid of the Oyston clan, the EFL and Shaun Harvey are like a cross between the Emperor Nero and Arsene Wenger, the FA is toothless, and Government won't do anything as it's a "Private Business".
I actually think when this is all sorted, I'd doubt if VB will have any dealing with BFC, or if he has it would be a minority stake. The local/UK investor(s) would seem to me what we'd be left with.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

A New Year message from VB on 20:01 - Dec 28 with 132 viewsROTTWEILERS

You've not written anything controversial there BBTRR

A New Year message from VB on 20:09 - Dec 28 with 129 viewsLala

A local investor would be ideal and without VB investment 👍

I would really like to know if a local investor is currently waiting in the wings.

A New Year message from VB on 20:27 - Dec 28 with 121 viewsstu

No not at all BBRR, I agree, he’ll take his millions and ride off into the sunset

Tangerine is the new black

A New Year message from VB on 20:54 - Dec 28 with 110 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Stu

It's not just the money thing, if He wanted to do that, it would be up to Him, and in a way after all these years, wouldn't blame him. (Think I'd take the money and run if it wasn't for the fact of being a lifelong fan.)

He's mentioned on more that one occasion, about local(uk) investors, so I think He'll either arrange a sale of the club, or take a minority stake with new owners.

However, all my opinion could be just total dribble, if OO sells up first. (He'd have to drop his asking price a long, long way £45m according to the gazette, quoted to Vsports.pro, Get real)
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 21:07]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

A New Year message from VB on 21:51 - Dec 28 with 89 viewsImperial

I think some very extreme thoughts have been expressed in this thread. VB wants his money and a poorer OO is more likely to sell. To use a meerkats term "Simples" .

A New Year message from VB on 03:15 - Dec 29 with 64 viewsHannibal

Extreme?

Really?

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

A New Year message from VB on 09:39 - Dec 29 with 52 viewsLala

Which thoughts do you think are extreme Imperial ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020