Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Toni 19:49 - Jan 1 with 4892 viewshopphoops

Even when it's not going his way he's at the heart of things and pushing harder. Talk about leading by example. Love him to bits.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Big Toni on 20:15 - Jan 1 with 4122 viewsBlackCrowe

He was immense again today. I love him to bits too.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Big Toni on 20:20 - Jan 1 with 4085 viewsdanehoop

Agree he was immense, at the heart of the defensive effort and one of my favourite players in this side. But looked as if he lost Abraham twice for each goal.

Never knowingly understood

Big Toni on 20:24 - Jan 1 with 4058 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wasn't at/didn't see the game today, but he is very good at what he does well, for sure, and a big plus at the back. But it's a bit of a paradox to say he was immense today while also being responsible for both goals (and at least one more situation when he let the ball run past him, according to the highlights), surely?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Big Toni on 20:35 - Jan 1 with 4002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with that. He did a lot of things right today, but his man scored twice and but or Lumley would have had a hat-trick.

I think if anyone asked the man himself he'd say it was his toughest day of the season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Big Toni on 20:59 - Jan 1 with 3898 viewshopphoops

Abraham, who I think is a superb player, outclassed him - but his attitude has a massive impact on the rest of the team. I've never seen a Rangers team with more heart, and he's a big reason for that.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Big Toni on 21:01 - Jan 1 with 3883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree with that completely.

Big Toni on 21:09 - Jan 1 with 3848 viewsNortholt_Rs

He got caned today.... two poor goals given away but we scored two GREAT goals! A point at Villa is a fabulous result. Well done Shteeve and the lads. This team really has spirit. COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Big Toni on 21:10 - Jan 1 with 3848 viewsozexile

I think you could say he's partially to blame for the second. But the first was an inch perfect ball between defence and keeper. Just one of those things.

Big Toni on 21:22 - Jan 1 with 3781 viewsTacticalR

Yes, I am not sure there is a whole lot he could have done about the first one. The ball dropped over his head and Abrahams is a bit taller than Leistner so had an advantage.

Air hostess clique

Big Toni on 22:00 - Jan 1 with 3652 viewsozexile

Quality strikers score goals, that's football. Well played Rangers.

Big Toni on 22:44 - Jan 1 with 3508 viewsWilloW4

Agreed. Well said Brian... Toni got done twice but.. Still a captains performance.. Toni has been very consistent all season.. Well played the big man..shades of the mighty Big Mac for me... Player of the season thus far... More of the same please skipper.

Big Toni on 22:50 - Jan 1 with 3485 viewsLadbrokeR

That’s probably not too far from the truth. That said Abraham has 2 international caps. Villa have spent 89 million since being relegated. they put on a sub that was purchased by Everton for 25 million. My point being he’s been done in a hard fought game against a team with immense resources. Toni makes a lot of the ball his and if he got done today against a team with better players so be it. It’s great to see their fans in meltdown.

Big Toni on 23:39 - Jan 1 with 3393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Willo, that's a great comparison to Macca.

Macca was an exceptional centre-back for us, a superb leader off and on the pitch and rightly adored. But there were times when a faster, nippier striker got him for goals. It's only natural. Baresi, Maldini, Beckenbauer, Ceaser... nearly perfect all of them, but every defender will meet player who's faster/stronger/taller/more intelligent. No defender can dominate in every department, that's what makes sports fascinating - watching players read and handle the match-ups.

Big Toni on 00:51 - Jan 2 with 3291 viewsWilloW4

Excellent summary.. Wonderful writing.. Belated new year greetings to you.. COYR'S.

Big Toni on 00:59 - Jan 2 with 3277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To you too, Willo.

C'mon Our Team.

Big Toni on 08:02 - Jan 2 with 3123 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree. Its fartoo simplistic to say: ‘your man scored, your fault,’ and personally i find some fans’ desperation to always blame someone for every goal a bit baffling. Sometimes goals are just good goals and rare is a goal that could not have been prevented somehow. Reminds me of Hinchcliffe on tv with his King of Hindsight ‘analysis’. ‘Well, he should have been there... should’ve done that.’ Thanks Captain Obvious. Abraham has 16 goals this season and is currently way too good for this league, especially with the likes of bolassie and mcginn supplying him. He might’ve scored 2 but he knew he was in a game.

Bare bones.

Big Toni on 14:25 - Jan 2 with 2919 viewsWestbourneR

He's as slow as a bus but overall I horribly misjudged this guy after 4 games. I hold my hands up and offer a huge apology to a real pro.

He's been immense, a proper defender and character.

Well done the club for picking him up on a free, incredible business and the future of this club.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Big Toni on 15:39 - Jan 2 with 2818 viewsRblockPrior

What a brilliant signing he has turned out to be, gives everything on the pitch and is a real leader. He is the 'right sort' and you can see he cares about the club

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Big Toni on 15:46 - Jan 2 with 2802 viewsPinnerPaul

Every goal is SOMEONE's fault.

That ******** Smith even said Freeman's goal was a 'poor' goal, although did grudgingly acknowledge it was a great strike.

Big Toni on 16:04 - Jan 2 with 2762 viewsdanehoop

Anti,

I am certainly not knocking him. As I said in my earlier post, I love him to bits and think he has been an immense signing for us. His arrival had really added much need steel, experience and nous into the back four. I agree with others here, that in Abraham he probably came up against one of the better strikers that he will play this season (or perhaps in his career) and found him a real handful. He lost him for a split second for the first goal and an exquisite over the top pass was what it took to take advantage.

My point was, that he wasn't without fault, but he was none the less exceptionally good in the game and led the backline well against one of the better teams (on paper at least) in this league. If I gave the impression in anyway that I didn't think highly of him or thought that he didn't play well, then I apologise because that was not the intention.

Never knowingly understood

Big Toni on 17:29 - Jan 2 with 2671 viewsDorse

Gus Caesar?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Big Toni on 19:18 - Jan 2 with 2588 viewsrsonist

Wolves reportedly in talks with an £18m bid for Abraham today just to make it clear what Toni was up against.

Edit - whoops I see this has been covered on the Smith thread.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 19:21]

Big Toni on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 2552 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good post.
Wasnt aimed at you mate, more general thought!

Westbourne - applause. Few others could admit when they’recwrbgbandxat the time ibthought you were being really really harsh. If i ever get anything wrong i hope i’ll be man enough to admit it as you have ;)

Bare bones.

Big Toni on 20:59 - Jan 2 with 2491 viewsMaggsinho

Did your cat just walk over your keyboard?

Big Toni on 21:30 - Jan 2 with 2445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wondered if anyone would catch that!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024