Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Gayle 18:13 - Feb 20 with 5813 viewsMrSheen

In the mood. 120 off 114. Still 9 overs to go. About 6 balls out of the ground so far.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 18:14]

Chris Gayle on 22:35 - Feb 20 with 4457 viewsCiderwithRsie

Helluva response by England (so far...)

Now needing just a run a ball with 8 wickets standing.

Chris Gayle on 23:13 - Feb 20 with 4426 viewsCiderwithRsie

And job done.

The bowling looks unexciting but this England side are something else with the bat; 364 runs knocked off and they didn't look like they broke sweat. In hindsight the opening bowling spell when Gayle survived but scored slowly looks much better than it seemed at the time.

Chris Gayle on 23:34 - Feb 20 with 4415 viewsted_hendrix

Cracking win by England I only wish I could have watched it.

Comment about Chris Gayle's innings from the BBC sports page which is interesting.

Can you call a knock of 135 off 129 balls costly?
It seems strange but Chris Gayle's approach - peppering runs of dot balls with towering sixes - was shown up by England as somewhat outmoded.
Jason Roy and Eoin Morgan had much higher strike rates. And Joe Root scored his ton off fewer balls.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Chris Gayle on 06:59 - Feb 21 with 4353 views18StoneOfHoop

Fecking ECB selling off lock stock and barrel to Murdoch
Killing interest in the game for the next generation.
Should be a free-to-air advert-free protected 'crown jewel' FFS!
Enjoy this wee video,Ted:

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Chris Gayle on 07:49 - Feb 21 with 4320 viewsTheChef

ECB completely dropped the ball after the 2005 Ashes. And arguably have been continuing to drop it ever since...

You had free to air Channel 4 coverage, unprecedented national interest, a successful team. I know, let's stick it behind a paywall.

Anyway, fantastic win, stick that in yer pipe and smoke it Christopher.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chris Gayle on 08:20 - Feb 21 with 4305 viewsheadhoops

Roy should open for the test side - be far more entertaining than Jennings scraping to 9 off of 146 balls.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Chris Gayle on 09:19 - Feb 21 with 4267 viewsTonto

As a Surrey fan, I am also a big fan of Jason Roy. but he bats at 5 for Surrey, and I don't recall him ever opening for Surrey - Burns and Stoneman do it currently, so I'm not sure he is a test opener.

Look at his stats - he defended only 2% of the balls yesterday. Yes it would be entertaining, but in a test inning, the openers job is to wear down the opening attack and the ball a bit. So 20 odd off 20 balls is in many ways less good than 9 off 146 because it sets up the attacking middle order to do their stuff

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Chris Gayle on 09:37 - Feb 21 with 4246 viewsMick_S

I'm surprised he has the energy. This is his bedroom:

Classy.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Chris Gayle on 10:04 - Feb 21 with 4220 viewsoldmisery

Wasn't just the ECB that dropped the ball, also that fat flump Ashley Nurse. A worse fielder than my Nan and she's been dead since 1975. Thanks for the win Mr. Nurse.

Chris Gayle on 10:13 - Feb 21 with 4216 viewsMrSheen

I appreciated Nurse's approach to Adil Rashid. While everyone else, even Gayle, was respectfully watching his variations, Nurse tried to hit him in the sea.
Gayle has the attitude that if I'm still around in the 40th over, we'll win. It used to work every time. England tried that with Ian Bell. Roy's approach is if I get out hitting, there's another five or six coming just like me.
The bowlers have been criticised for lack of variety, but that was a cruel pitch. Well done to Stokes and Woakes for varying the pace and line.

Chris Gayle on 10:31 - Feb 21 with 4203 viewsoldmisery

Yes, coming in at number nine his cameo 25 from 8 balls was excellent but he's been selected as a bowler and 0-69 from ten overs wasn't impressive. Even less impressive was Holder's field placements, putting Nurse deep was a disaster for the Windies. Apart from dropping a number of catches he must have given away half a dozen boundaries and (although England always looked in command) that was eventually the difference between the two sides.

Chris Gayle on 11:35 - Feb 21 with 4174 viewsCFW

Thought it was a real good game to be fair. We bowled and fielded very well apart from the drop catch of Gayle. We have a very strong batting line up and when it goes right it is fantastic to watch. Thought Roy did very well and deserved his bit of luck whist Root and Morgan were brilliant especially Root. The Windies unfortunately mostly revert to type when put under pressure as showed in the final test match and yesterday. Their bowling and fielding were frankly awful but lets not take anything away from England we played very, very well and chasing that amount of runs is not in any way shape or form easy.

Chris Gayle on 17:34 - Feb 27 with 3944 viewsMrSheen

England 418/6 today! Buttler 150 off 78 balls - 13 fours, 12 sixes.

Chris Gayle on 17:50 - Feb 27 with 3896 viewstoboboly

"England hit 154 runs off the last 10 overs."

wow. just wow.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Chris Gayle on 17:54 - Feb 27 with 3881 viewsMrSheen

1/2 off the last three balls though. Booooooooooo!

Chris Gayle on 21:50 - Feb 27 with 3768 viewsMrSheen

162 from Gayle and 4 wickets in Rashid’s last over. Quiet day at the office.

Chris Gayle on 21:55 - Feb 27 with 3757 viewsted_hendrix

Amazing game by all accounts, I'm just reading the report. records broke again.

Chris Gayle on 21:59 - Feb 27 with 3744 viewsstowmarketrange

I watched most of it and I thought we were going to lose until Gayle and Holder threw it away towards the end.
Fantastic game.

Chris Gayle on 22:20 - Feb 27 with 3712 viewsRed_Ranger

Rachid!!!

Chris Gayle on 22:54 - Feb 27 with 3673 viewsted_hendrix

18StoneOfHoop, I would be for ever eternally grateful if you could post the highlights of today's game on here again?

Chris Gayle on 22:56 - Feb 27 with 3668 viewsflynnbo

I can get you highlights of my cricket net at Lord's this evening, Ted

Chris Gayle on 23:11 - Feb 27 with 3658 viewsted_hendrix

Were you any good?

Chris Gayle on 23:41 - Feb 27 with 3640 viewstimcocking

Amazing how they bat nowadays when 135 off 129 balls is considered not good enough, bloody hell.

I wouldn't much fancy bowling at Chris Gayle.

Chris Gayle on 08:55 - Feb 28 with 3565 viewsMrSheen

Fielding to Chris Gayle might be even worse. Imagine having to catch one of those.

Chris Gayle on 09:20 - Feb 28 with 3547 viewseasthertsr

Fielding to Gayle or Buttler is dead easy! You just watch the ball sailing over your head into the crowd!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2019 9:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024