Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notts County in receivership 15:46 - Feb 28 with 2910 viewsRangersDave

winding up order.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/business/notts-county-issued-winding-up-2593

arent they one of the, or the founder of, the football league?
dont Juventus owe the shirts to Notts County helping them out?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Notts County in receivership on 15:52 - Feb 28 with 2880 viewsenfieldargh

drove past Meadow lane only yesterday, hope they are ok, Hooters is only a 5 minute walk, cant they wind up Florist instead

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Notts County in receivership on 15:54 - Feb 28 with 2866 viewscolinallcars

Oldest club in the league, hope they'llbe OK and Leyton Orient get back into the league.

Notts County in receivership on 16:23 - Feb 28 with 2800 viewsLblock

Meanwhile the authorities have a whip round for Scudamore etc etc etc etc

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Notts County in receivership on 16:31 - Feb 28 with 2779 viewsterryb

I'm not sure that they could play in the National League Premier if under administration. Boston couldn't when they left the EFL.

It might be a two or three league drop for them. My guess is that the NL North would be the likliest.

Notts County in receivership on 16:33 - Feb 28 with 2774 viewsloftboy

Are they getting apoints deduction? If so I would say that that’s them relegated. Sad news when it happens, always had a soft spot for them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Notts County in receivership on 16:38 - Feb 28 with 2755 viewsdavman

This all day.

They care ONLY about the cash cow.

Yep, so the owners have screwed up, so why doesn't the Premier League pay them off, buy Notts County and then sell on to a more willing soul?

I know it a'int that simple, but fck me, they've got to do something; this is embarrassing from the country that invented football...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Notts County in receivership on 17:03 - Feb 28 with 2705 viewsbosh67

Seems odd to me that Forest announce their 38K seater idea on the same day. Only team in Nottingham delusions of grandeur statement. Really hope they don't go up again. Used to have a lot of time for them but they are doing an us on a grander scale and I hope it backfires.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Notts County in receivership on 17:23 - Feb 28 with 2659 viewsRangersDave

i have a fondness for county, i really do.

one of the first away grounds i took my son too.

To let this club dissappear shows exactly why FFP and the Premier league will always be shyte.

The trouble is, the EFL idiots voted for FFp, amd ook how thats going to hurt some teams clme this season end.

Ok, they have money troubles, but its even more gauling that 2 players weeks wages from the liverpool squad could help this club out, but the midern day footballer doesnt think like the real footballers (like Lee Cooke did).

Sky has fckud up football, and to a degree all who have a sky sports package, are purpetrators of this happening more and more.
I think it can be successfully argued that money has been the ruination of football.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Notts County in receivership on 17:32 - Feb 28 with 2621 viewsted_hendrix

I'd like the chance of actually whipping the fcking so called authorities.

There'll always be a financial gap between clubs that I can live with, but nowadays that gap has become unfairly obscene/outrageous or whatever people want to call it.

I think this is very sad news just as it was when Orient disappeared.

Spread the cash about and give everyone a fair chance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Notts County in receivership on 17:51 - Feb 28 with 2587 viewsloftboy

This hasnt even got a mention on sky’s football App!! Shocking

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Notts County in receivership on 17:52 - Feb 28 with 2586 viewsngbqpr

I have a soft spot for them, living up here I know plenty of Notts fans, and yes modern football sucks.

BUT...their chairman / owner is a complete ar$ehole and my view is the buck stops at his door.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Notts County in receivership on 17:58 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very sad news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Notts County in receivership on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 2563 viewsJuzzie

Not shocking considering Sky are the architecture's of all this.

Football 's been around 140-150 years and Sky fk it up in less than 30.

Notts County in receivership on 18:48 - Feb 28 with 2463 viewsDejR_vu

This with bells on

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Notts County in receivership on 22:08 - Mar 1 with 2078 viewsdigswellhoop

How many ex players or celeb people now on massive wages, could save them ? celeb supporters / ex players could save them with one weeks wages

Notts County in receivership on 22:26 - Mar 1 with 2038 viewsstowmarketrange

As much as I agree that Sky have done more harm than good since their involvement in English football,clubs have always been going bust since the game first stated 150 years ago.Accrington Stanley went bust and folded in 62.Thames,Gateshead and Leeds City all dropped out the leagues in the 20th century.
But Sky have made the playing field even more unbalanced,with the FA and UEFA’s backing.
There is so much money sloshing around at the top of the game that would keep ALL of our clubs solvent if only it was shared more fairly,but it will never happen because of the control that the top 6 or 7 clubs wield.
Good luck to Notts County in their fight to stay afloat.

Notts County in receivership on 01:28 - Mar 2 with 1906 viewsVancouverHoop

I agree with your sentiments but a couple of your examples don't really fit the bill. Leeds City didn't go broke they were expelled from the Football League, in part for paying players during WW1 and also not coooperating with the FL's requests for financial information. Thames FC did go bust but they had no community support. They were founded to provide West Ham Stadium, which hosted greyhound racing and speedway, a tenant on Saturdays. They only lasted two years in the Southern League and a single season in the FL.

Notts County in receivership on 07:01 - Mar 2 with 1846 viewsToast_R

This is where the EFL fall down. Applying stringent rules to clubs whislt failing to vet the owners and safeguard those clubs. Notts Counry a prime example. Being bought out by a con artists a few years back and have never recovered. I heard even Sven Goran Eriksson lost all his money in that.

Notts County in receivership on 12:49 - Mar 2 with 1709 viewsTGRRRSSS

Worth investigating the owner here, he did a big loan from Paragon a while back, to do with other business interests I think. I am convinced County will survive.

Totally agree on incompetence from EFL sure it's got worse under Shaun Harvey.

However football hasn't helped itself, easy to blame Sky for everything, and I agree to some extent, BUT the way the EFL just let all sorts wonder in and out beggars belief.

Anybody seen or heard Duchalet's nonsense interview only this week.

Demanded EFL buy Charlton - for at least £70million.

Incredible.

Notts County in receivership on 13:31 - Mar 2 with 1682 viewsDiscodroids

Good luck to County. Must have been my 3rd or 4th visit to Loftus Road as a kid with my grandad when Notts County rolled us over 3 or 4 -1 and their forward Iain McCulloch played like the old juventus forward Roberto Bettega.

he was brilliant that day. These things stay with you as a kid .

I also echo the comments on leyton Orient. Proper pain amplification for me to see them in non league. spent many happy days on the teraces there in 80/81/82 as a kid when grandad couldn't take me to QPR if he was too pissed out of his skate in the drum and Monkey pub to take me!. Rascal.

edit . i seem to recall a game in the early 90's when we drew with County and sir les had just come back from Turkey. Mark draper of County ran the show.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 13:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024