Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After Life 20:53 - Mar 11 with 4752 viewsLongsufferingR

I know opinion is polarised on here regarding Ricky Gervais but this is absolutely fantastic. Watched the whole lot in one go yesterday - strikes exactly the right balance between all the different emotions. Stick with it to the end.

After Life on 21:03 - Mar 11 with 4061 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Was wondering wether to give it a go. You have swayed me to it.

After Life on 21:24 - Mar 11 with 3997 viewswestberksr

Just watching first episode

After Life on 21:28 - Mar 11 with 3987 viewsHamptonR

Watched all episodes yesterday, very good and runs the gauntlet of emotions.

After Life on 02:38 - Mar 12 with 3810 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m three episodes in, certainly watching to the end.

Gervais’ problem is that he’ll be forever typecast as the Brentmeister. Which is a shame, because this is another example of his brilliance in my view.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

After Life on 03:13 - Mar 12 with 3805 viewsSydneyRs

I've watched the first two episodes so far, very dark. Hoping his character becomes a little bit more likeable as it progresses.

I'm a huge fan of most things Gervais has done but the jury is out on this so far.

After Life on 05:24 - Mar 12 with 3776 viewsozexile

Up to episode 5 and I think its fantastic.

After Life on 06:16 - Mar 12 with 3748 viewsToast_R

Smashed it out over the weekend back to back. Absolutely brilliant. He manages to find comedy in the darkest topics. No one does it better, the man is a genius.

After Life on 06:30 - Mar 12 with 3730 viewsloftboy

I was t keen on the office but Derek was superb, will have a look at this one tonight.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

After Life on 07:00 - Mar 12 with 3701 viewstraininvain

Love it. Gervais has a knack for making you want to cry one minute and belly laugh 30 seconds later.

After Life on 07:13 - Mar 12 with 3689 viewswestberksr

Sums it up very well. Really dark yet funny, some aspects are really on the edge but then a couple of light moments brings it back.

Binged 5 episodes last night, 1 to go

Not surprised its on Netflix

After Life on 08:25 - Mar 12 with 3606 viewsflitwickhoop

I've watched it through twice already.

Going through a tough time in my relationship at the minute (basically my wife no longer wants to be with me) and got a dog to look after and could really relate.

It's brilliant, his best work since Extras.

After Life on 08:41 - Mar 12 with 3584 viewsPommyhoop

Smashed it out at the weekend. Then watched it again last night with the Mrs.
Very good.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

After Life on 08:58 - Mar 12 with 3550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ditto. Loved Derek, will watch this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

After Life on 09:09 - Mar 12 with 3525 viewsstevec

Think he's brilliant.

One issue, how do you get to see it on Netflix if you haven't got Netflix?

I've got Sky but when I last looked Sky wanted £10.99 on top of their already humungus fees.

After Life on 09:17 - Mar 12 with 3504 viewsflitwickhoop

You can usually get 30 days free Netflix trial if you sign up online, just make sure you cancel it before 30 days

After Life on 09:41 - Mar 12 with 3468 viewssimmo

Yeah agreed. I haven't seen this yet (I will do soon) but I have thought for a little while that he's best making these shows but not casting himself in them. I understand why he does, but think it distracts a little when he's a central character.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

After Life on 09:43 - Mar 12 with 3466 viewsSharpy36

My son pays for our Netflix. You get 3 or 4 accounts i believe when you pay for one, so maybe you might know someone who has a spare you could use ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

After Life on 10:00 - Mar 12 with 3449 viewsBuckR

Absolutely superb watch. How anyone can dislike Ricky is beyond me. Saw his Humanity tour warm up gig at Watford Colosseum a few weeks back and it was the best stand up I have ever been to.

Surely The Office goes down as the second best British sitcom after Only Fools?

After Life on 10:03 - Mar 12 with 3440 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Definitely top 5 but some strong competition from the aforementioned OFAH, Fawlty Towers and Blackadder in my opinion.

After Life on 12:37 - Mar 12 with 3332 viewsqpr1976

Young Ones, Phoenix Nights ?
Royle Family ?

On The Buses, Butterflies ?

After Life on 12:53 - Mar 12 with 3306 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

After Life on 12:54 - Mar 12 with 3294 viewsnix

I don't always like him but this is brilliant. Penelope Wilton, 'Mind you if I was 20 years younger I think I could do better (!)'. He's got some fantastic supporting actors in it. Kerry Godliman, Roisin Conaghty and Penelope Wilton are all superb, with praise to some of the other supporting cast. It's such a great exploration of grief in all its confusing, angry, despairing but sometimes funny messiness.

And the parts with his father with dementia are heartbreaking and funny in equal measure.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 12:58]

After Life on 13:00 - Mar 12 with 3269 viewsted_hendrix

Ripping Yarns (Michael Palin and Terry Jones) 'Golden Gordon' 'Tomkinson's Schooldays' to name but two that have never been bettered, the best comedy anthology series ever written (in my view).

"Eight One - Eight bloody One"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

After Life on 13:04 - Mar 12 with 3250 viewsheadhoops

2 episodes in and struggling. Absolutely loved Derek but just find this a vehicle for RG to try and beat the record for saying the C word. Will revisit.

Whilst you are on Netflix check out Suburra and Sex Education. Cue hilarious comments on the latter!!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

After Life on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 3230 viewsnix

I love Sex Education too. Hysterical if you can remember what it feels like to be an awkward teenager (I can). Both Afterlife and Sex Education recommended to me by my teen son. Not sure what to make of that...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024