Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 2 games 12:33 - Apr 23 with 2396 viewssimmo

Should we go as much as possible with the players that will likely be here next season? Plus Freeman, who may well be playing his last home game...

-----------------Lumley----------------
Furs--Phillips--Leistner--Manning
----------Luongo--Scowen-----------
Freeman--------Eze--------------BOS
-----------------Smith------------------

Ingram, Rangel, Tilt, Shodipo, Bettache, Dalling, Walker

No idea which other U23's could be involved but the loans should be done at this point...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Last 2 games on 12:39 - Apr 23 with 2364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I like that team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Last 2 games on 12:39 - Apr 23 with 2364 viewsPhilmyRs

Yeah probably give games to those likely to be involved next season. Only change I'd make would be Furlong moving to centre back. I think that's where his future lies and we should play him there as much as possible. Either Kakay or Rangel right back for me instead.

Worrying times next season looking at the likely team. A striker is a must, as is a decent replacement for Freeman.

Last 2 games on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 2310 viewssimmo

Kakay injured and agree I would prefer Furs at CB, but he wants RB and we don't have another that can play. Be interesting to see Phillips have a game too, as he was on the bench yesterday.

Last 2 games on 13:08 - Apr 23 with 2252 viewsted_hendrix

Beat me to death for stating the bleeding obvious but strewth we sure do need someone to put the ball in the net (1 in 3 would be nice), that is a huge ask I know but we sure as hell seem to be missing reasonable chances in front of goal that is costing us dear.
On reflection a lot of clubs will be saying the same thing I know, I personally wouldn't have Hemed or Wells anywhere near the squad for the last two games, what a huge disappointment Wells was as I always thought he was pretty effective in front of goal and a good intelligent footballer.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Last 2 games on 13:09 - Apr 23 with 2247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't want a single player over the age of 21 to play a single minute of the next two games.

Last 2 games on 16:08 - Apr 23 with 2072 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I’d maybe have Pavel in the team too. Also shouldn’t it depend on whether Sheff Weds are still in with a shout of the playoffs? I’m not a fan of playing weakened sides in end of season games that have a bearing on promotion/relegation. I don’t like it when it happens to us anyway.

Whether it’s better to field a “stronger” side that isn’t trying, over a younger side with something to prove is arguable of course.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Last 2 games on 16:26 - Apr 23 with 2006 viewsQPR_John

If we did that the FL would have great joy in giving us a 10 point reduction for fielding a weakened team
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:27]

Last 2 games on 16:59 - Apr 23 with 1911 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Yes because our teams with over 21s have been ripping it up.

Seriously, how could we field a weaker side than a team that has been so poor since Xmas?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Last 2 games on 17:24 - Apr 23 with 1853 viewsQPR_John

I did post that with tongue firmly in cheek. But in reality if we did field a team varsely different from that all season it would be considered a weakened team as far as the FL is concerned.

Last 2 games on 17:40 - Apr 23 with 1819 viewsqprd

please

there has literally been no silver lining to this season. the only thing that can bring even an iota of enjoyment in the final match is if we see young kids get a run out

and let freeman play a bit and sub him off so we can clap him off one last time

i might also put joel lynch on the bench for pure spite purposes

Last 2 games on 18:28 - Apr 23 with 1718 viewssimmo

Yeah that's my thought, also respect to Sheff Wens, etc but we need to prioritize ourselves and it's worth some game time for those that will be in QPR colours next season over those that genuinely have nothing to play for. Our first 11 next season may not be much different, barring the inclusions (hopefully) of players like Smyth, Chair, etc.

-----------------Lumley----------------
Furs--Phillips--Leistner--Manning
----------Luongo--Scowen-----------
Chair------------Eze--------------BOS
-----------------Smyth------------------
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 18:29]

Last 2 games on 18:58 - Apr 23 with 1635 viewsDorse

I wouldn't object to seeing a 'First Team Development' side. We have to start giving up-and-coming players a go if we're ever going to be able to judge them properly. 8 mins as a sub twice a season doesn't help anyone.

Next season: I expect Chair will come through and we may even see the belated return of Shodipo. If Oteh and Smyth the Younger can get a chance, we've seen previously that they can do it (at least in short bursts) - this might be the opportunity they need.

My main concern, as always, is at centre back. Ever since the Carlisle / Big Dan axis or Hill / Hall, we've lacked a go-to partnership. To me, Leistner feels like one half of a successful duo but he needs a settled partner with a bit of pace. If it isn't going to be Furlong, then we need Penrice to find us the next Wicks or Macca.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Last 2 games on 08:02 - Apr 24 with 1372 viewsLblock

I think Lumley may now be taken out of the firing line with Ingram given what I hope are two farewell games. Never rated Ingram at all but fair play for his patience

Rangel for right back and I would be seriously looking for him to be retained for another year. I think he offers so much on and off the pitch. We will need a handful of experienced pros and tradition says teams that do will do well (see your history for Webb, McLintock, Wilkins, Palmer, Hill, Derry, Dunne etc, etc)

CB’s depends on what’s going on with Toni; if he’s fine then he plays. Furs to be in there as well plus I’m not allergic to seeing an U23 make a cameo or two.

Left back anyone but Bidwell who I would also hope is released. Having seen a midfielder fill in there last few games and do well shows just how poor Bidwell has become. Last few games crosses from the left have actually been closed down plus Manning has overlapped Freeman a few times and got decent delivery in himself. Never a long term solution and a LB with pace is on the list of requirements

Midfield I’d like to see Pav retained and him know his role next season which would hopefully mean his form remains consistent. Scowen I think has the ability to put ‘‘tis Seadon behind him and return to the formnof his maiden season. BOS has to play - needs obvious work on getting his head up at the right time and some final composure but he’s for the future for sure. Eze is an odd one; loved him initially but under the current regime he seems to have regressed. He’ll not be leaving this summer based on recent form unless it’s for a robbery fee so I hope he stays and kicks on with us, he’s certainly still got it.
Luongo people know my view on, however funnily enough I would be asking him if he’d make himself unavailable for international selection for this season I’d keep him. He needs consistentency and his pointless trips with Oz mean he misses too many games and is too poor after his return to justify keeping
Freeman should play some part in the last two games and it’ll be a real shame if / when he goes. Once that happens I’d hope it’s for a big fee and to a decent club where he’ll be appreciated. He’s dragged us through this season many times and will be sorely missed.
I question if Chair can step up to this level on a regular basis just yet but he does need to feature next season I agree

Up top we have more major issues yet again
Wells I rate highly but I don’t think he’d ever recovered from that penalty miss in the last seconds of the Brum game. If we could get him for a fee that’s two bob and a conker plus his wages were right I’d make him our player and one of the senior pro club with responsibilities to guide and mentor
Hemed needs to and I wish him “yoi vey”; gutted as I have really liked what I saw previously at Brighton. Smasher Smith is an odd case; patently slow but effective with good goal and assist rates at times; others a waste of space. I feel he wants a regular starting berth but he’s only going to get that in League One or if we change to a pure pump it team. I’d keep Matt but only after a long chat!
Oteh’s loan has been a disastrous disappointment and has taught us and him nothing. I think he has something and needs to play some football next season; doubtful he’s our answer just yet but a 3 month loan start of next season may be useful. Then we come to Smyth.... ahhh little Paul, how I lament the relationship you had with McLaren and you being criminally loaned out. I really like him as a player with his qualities of pace, tenacity, grit and spark set alongside ability and good finishes plus the eye for a decent pass or cross (plus he wins penalties). Had to play more for us next season.
So assuming Nakhi isn’t retained we have a real striker issue next season - we’ve been saying that for ages but this summer it’s going to reach chronic levels and must be addressed. The answer is not a Washington type transfer fee nor is it Chris bloody Martin on a free; but the answer is out there somewhere for our DoF and his network to find.

Big overhaul needed this close season then..... a job a little Bristolian once did years ago with the backdrop of a club in chaos with zero money to spend!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Last 2 games on 08:26 - Apr 24 with 1340 viewssmegma

So you want the current under 23 team to play the last two games with BOS, Eze making up the numbers as the 'experienced' players ?????

Then they'll get slaughtered on here for getting thrashed.

Last 2 games on 09:12 - Apr 24 with 1292 viewsbosh67

I want us to finally play Jude at CB or in goal. Always good between the posts at half time and a big unit at CB.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Last 2 games on 09:36 - Apr 24 with 1256 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

They are going to get slaughtered on here anyway. We fcking slaughter everybody good or bad. Eze has been called lazy cnt all season!

I’d also suggest they probably don’t read LfW.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 9:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024