Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back 15:31 - Apr 24 with 2526 viewsHannibal

Hello all

I have spent over a month off this site now. I have noticed a couple of things whilst still reading now and then. Traffic appears to have decreased on here since I’ve been gone. It seems to me I haven’t been putting anyone off posting, (spell chekker). Apart from that is, BRR who appears to have less involvement here in my absence.

I wonder why🤪. There are no conspiracies of course😃

Whilst I’m all for harmony and happiness it doesn’t really make for spirited debate on here when everyone just agrees with everyone. When I say everyone of course I mean all 5 of you really and most of the time there are only 2 main protagonists filling pages up with threads about this and that. Mostly not football related I might add.

I note that the season ticket debacle is now in full flow on the other site. BRR as usual is showing why I have been questioning his judgment for years in defending the price hikes particularly for children whilst failing to understand why it’s such an issue for many people. I’m going to guess that as this too, for some inexplicable reason is a Pro BRR location, I’ll once again get short shrift for saying so but I feel like rolling the dice.

Apologies in advance if this post or my mere presence puts anyone off posting🤔 or stifles debate, ruffles feathers.

But I feel like this site needs a bit of pep pill.👍

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 15:48 - Apr 24 with 1602 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Please check the season ticket thread

Oh and welcome back

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 15:53 - Apr 24 with 1598 viewsROTTWEILERS

Welcome back. I can't speak for others but I like this board precisely because it hasn't got spirited debate. It's as close to the messageboard culture that originally got me hooked approx 20 years ago on seasiders.net - more a joining of like-minded individuals wanting to enjoy their shared interests.

I'm not 100% sure what response you were aiming to elicit, but there you go.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 16:07 - Apr 24 with 1587 viewsHannibal

I did check the season ticket thread.👍

I want bile and fury as a response to my thread🔥

I feel welcome already.😊

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 16:23 - Apr 24 with 1578 viewsROTTWEILERS

If you want to have a go at Robbie, just re-register on avftt and fill your boots. That's what I'd do 😉😉

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 16:28 - Apr 24 with 1571 viewsHannibal

Been there done that. Not any more for me mate.

I know I can do that right here. I predict a swift return of your Robbie on here now I’m back.

I didn’t specifically come back to have a go at your mate by the way. I did it because I’m still not happy about the circumstances in which I left and the more I think about it the more I feel why shouldn’t I be here? Sorry about that.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 1563 viewsROTTWEILERS

Fair dos. He's onto a loser backing the child ST increases on t'other site so we might not see him for a bit.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 16:55 - Apr 24 with 1559 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

At the last count I think there was 23 threads about STs, most just repeating what others have said, but with the words in a different order.

It a bit like watching that footage of Geoff Boycott trying to survive an over against Malcolm Marshall.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:03 - Apr 24 with 1554 viewsHannibal

This is what happens when a small clique of like minded individuals get together and start making decisions for everyone else to the exclusion of any other views.

AVFTT ‘big hitters’ morph into BST and then into interim board and the decision making process - hey presto!

This is what my concerns were leading to on the fans forum thread. I could see the potential issues then. It’s obvious it was going to go bad which is why I was worried about the likes of TAM and BRR being so involved. A big mistake.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:25 - Apr 24 with 1540 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'm sure I'll be corrected if any of this is wrong but......

I'm not sure that the commitee of BST could be described as AVFTT big hitters, think out of 9 or 10 of them, maybe 2 or 3 post on there. Doubt that Christine, Steve or Tony post more than once or twice a month.

BST have nothing to do with the interim board, Bob Hatton and Michael Bolingbroke were appointed by the CAR and are the only two executive board members.

As for TAM and BRR they can answer your concerns for themselves.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:29 - Apr 24 with 1536 viewsHannibal

That is utter bollocks BBTRR and you know it.

And yes I’m sure your buddies will be along in due course when they take a time out from their fire fighting duties on various other social media sites and official channels.

I’m quivering in fear just thinking about it.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:32 - Apr 24 with 1530 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

What part is utter bollocks?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:32 - Apr 24 with 1530 viewsspell_chekker

Welcome back Hannibal.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:34 - Apr 24 with 1525 viewsjanegallagher

You will be bloody quivering when Red gets you in that wood chipper

😃

Welcome back H.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:37 - Apr 24 with 1519 viewsspell_chekker

I think what Red wrote is pretty spot on.

Personally, I've not qualms about the sincerity or ability of TAM, Robbie, BST, or the interim board.

I do think there's a lads' club who are trying to back slap their way and get 'in' with people so they can big themselves up.

On that basis, I'd be skeptical in the unlikely event that Pilley put a favourable bid in.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:40 - Apr 24 with 1513 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Pilley wont/can't while he or any member of his family own Fleetwood.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:43 - Apr 24 with 1507 viewsspell_chekker

Yeah, I know that.

But with the EFL being how it is, It's got to be a concern.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 17:45 - Apr 24 with 1504 viewsHannibal

‘BST have nothing to do with the interim board’

Since the founder of BST, former Chairman and whatever role he has now is ON the interim board...

That is utter bollocks😀

Can you please explain your rationale for defending BRR and BST and all its little helpers? Because I’m mystified why you’re so motivated to continually do so BBTRR.

It’s not a case of you say it is so it is and that’s it. Let’s at least try to be adults about it then we can perhaps find some common ground.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:02 - Apr 24 with 1491 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Thought I said that BRR and TAM can defend themselves, however TAM is a Non-Executive Director which if memory serves me right means he cannot vote or take a wage.

His role is I would expect more observational, and I'd guess suggest ideas, which the other board members might take to, or file in the bin.

As for BRR, last time I checked he wasn't on the BST commitee.

Again I'll say it's NOT for me to defend them, they can speak for themselves.

Please read my posts on the Season Tickets thread and explain to me how that is defending BRR, BST and Santa's little helpers?

Also can you show me some proof to back up the points you're trying to make?

(PS I enjoying this)

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:11 - Apr 24 with 1486 viewsHannibal

‘Personally, I've not qualms about the sincerity or ability of TAM, Robbie, BST, or the interim board.

I do think there's a lads' club who are trying to back slap their way and get 'in' with people so they can big themselves up. ’

But you think the current hot potato of ST prices is a bad move.

That decision on ST pricing was made by the people you mentioned or at the very least, in conjunction with or influenced by them. It’s obvious man.

You’ve juxtaposed the very people who are driving things to another imagined place allocating blame somewhere else. The lads club are calling the shots now or at least having a massive influence on the big calls. I watched TAMs ramblings on the BST meeting and it’s clear from his demeanour that it’s guys like him who are deciding things now. The lads club you speak of are a reality they are there not trying to get there, they are there.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:27 - Apr 24 with 1476 viewsspell_chekker

I think the season ticket prices are very competitive for L1 football but I think the kids' pricing is wrong especially when they're being put in a corner where no one else wants to go.

It's a mistake made by Bolingbroke or Hatton and rather than issuing the hot air statement today, some kind of compromise would have been widely applauded.

Making a mistake is fine but I think they should have acknowledged it.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:36 - Apr 24 with 1470 viewsHannibal

‘Thought I said that BRR and TAM can defend themselves, however TAM is a Non-Executive Director which if memory serves me right means he cannot vote or take a wage. ‘

You like trying to be clever don’t you? Reminds me of someone.

I know TAMs position on the board. I don’t need to have it revealed by you. However you and I both know in reality that he will have a great deal of influence as someone who was and is closely linked to BST and is seen and indeed appointed as the ‘voice of the fans’. Is it really that you’re so naive that you expect me to believe that he isn’t a big influence on a board with little collective inside experience of the club and it’s workings? Pull the other one.

‘His role is I would expect more observational, and I'd guess suggest ideas, which the other board members might take to, or file in the bin.’

See above.

‘As for BRR, last time I checked he wasn't on the BST committee’.

Did I say he was?? He clearly has influence though. It’s bloody obvious. He is and has been for a long time a cheerleader for them. I endured his talk on governance within the game on the BST video and for the life of me I don’t really know what it was about other than him ingratiating himself as usual.

‘Again I'll say it's NOT for me to defend them, they can speak for themselves.’

But you always do. Why???? If it’s not for you to defend them why do you insist on doing it?

‘Please read my posts on the Season Tickets thread and explain to me how that is defending BRR, BST and Santa's little helpers?’

I have...

Also can you show me some proof to back up the points you're trying to make?

Again, I just did and by the way I don’t have to prove anything to you. You are clearly the type who likes to be seen as the clever bloke on the Internet forum. Happy to be admired yet the minute any challenge comes your way you are incredibly defensive. Headline news fella...get used to it. I’m going nowhere so you’d better up your game. Maybe create some new usernames to back yourself up? Maybe cry off to the moderator.

‘(PS I enjoying this)’

If you’re enjoying this you’re not quite right and your attitude stinks.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:40]

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:39 - Apr 24 with 1465 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Remind me again who cried off last time?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:43 - Apr 24 with 1462 viewsHannibal

You really are upset I’m back aren’t you?

Very good👌

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:46 - Apr 24 with 1458 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Quite the opposite, glad you're back.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:57 - Apr 24 with 1451 viewsHannibal

You have an unusual way of showing it.

So how about answering my burning question about why you always leap to the defence of BRR?

Since you’re feeling glad.😃

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024