Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry McPhillips Gone? 10:35 - May 7 with 153 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Don't usually stick rumours like this up, however this might be correct (or not)......

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 10:37 - May 7 with 150 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

That'll teach me.....

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 11:45 - May 7 with 140 viewsROTTWEILERS

That board meeting / joint statement to stop disinformation worked a treat then.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 12:56 - May 7 with 132 viewsspell_chekker

I doubt very much the interim would consider replacing the manager.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 15:26 - May 7 with 127 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 15:28 - May 7 with 126 viewsspell_chekker

Linked with Scunthorpe and Plymouth last week.

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 16:07 - May 7 with 117 viewsROTTWEILERS

At this crucial time and following Saturday's abomination, I think it'd be good for the overall health of the BFC if he found somewhere else to manage.

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 18:04 - May 7 with 105 viewsImperial

3rd season now where the team has improved position wise.

Sorry Rotts but for me it's hard to build a case.

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 18:24 - May 7 with 102 viewsROTTWEILERS

Hope I'm wrong Imp.

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 09:33 - May 9 with 79 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Terry McPhillips says he would love to be the man charged with taking Blackpool FC forward under new owners.

The 50-year-old has just completed his first season in management, guiding the Seasiders to 10th place in League One.

But with the uncertainty surrounding the club likely to continue until a new owner is installed, there are no guarantees that McPhillips will still be in charge at Bloomfield Road next season.

He is on a 12-month rolling contract but insists he wants to continue and is already putting plans in place for next season.

“I’ve loved it,” McPhillips said of his first season at the helm following Saturday’s final game against Gillingham, which Pool lost 3-0. “It wasn’t the best day for all my family and friends to come. I think I had 39 watching.

“But I’ve loved it and the players have been great. I have to give a big thank you to the staff. They work so hard and they’re a credit.

“I’d love to be the person that helps the club move on, be the man responsible for signing some new faces and players. I’ve got plenty in mind who can help us.

“I want us to really push on and make a real push for the play-offs next season.”

Given the off-the-field uncertainty and Gary Bowyer’s surprise resignation one game into the season, the Seasiders will be delighted with their campaign.

McPhillips’ men beat last season’s League One points tally and finished two places higher.

But there was still a sense of disappointment among the squad and a feeling of what might have been as they drifted out of play-off contention at the back end of the season.

Asked for his reflections on the season, McPhillips provided a guarded response.

He said: “The answer is I don’t know. We’ll have to wait and see.The players will be off for the summer but the staff won’t be — we’ll still be working away for the next couple of weeks.

“It will give us some time to reflect and review, and hopefully plan for the future.

“I said to the lads that obviously it wasn’t good enough against Gillingham. They knew that themselves but I’m really proud of them as a group for their efforts over the season.

“I might have got one or two things wrong— whether it be formation or us getting better with Nick Anderton playing at right-back second half and Marc Bola on the left.

“I will hold my hand up to some of that but as a group we’ve been through thick and thin this season, and we’ve had lots of up and downs.

“It’s been a rollercoaster but we are at Blackpool!

“All in all, I’m proud of the lads because they’re a great group and we’ll go again next season. We’ll hopefully add a few and be competitive.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/terry-mcphillips-

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 10:19 - May 9 with 73 viewsjanegallagher

From hero to zero. Poor Tel. 😔

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Terry McPhillips Gone? on 11:27 - May 9 with 68 viewsspell_chekker

I'm not sure what I would do.

Under the circumstances, you can't argue against the league position but he doesn't inspire confidence.

New owners will probably get rid.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024