Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilder 09:27 - May 19 with 2251 viewstraininvain

Another big knockout but against another sub par opponent. No doubt we’ll be saying the same in a couple of weeks after the AJ fight.

Three (maybe four including Whyte?) good heavyweights in the division but can’t see them fighting anytime soon.

I’m not convinced that Hearn wants the Wilder fight for AJ. Too risky to put his golden goose in the firing line.

Wilder on 12:12 - May 19 with 2110 viewsdanehoop

I think that was quite a good last night, but showed that Brezale isn't quite top class and was caught flush by Wilder whilst still cold. Wilder does what he does well, hits people hard - but not convinced there is a plan B and that was why he seemed to struggle against Fury who made him look more one dimensional. Both Fury and AJ have shown that they can take a punch and still push through to put in good performances, through great ring craft and pure strength.

Whyte is the interesting one in this in that he is one that none of them really want to fight him. Whyte versus Wilder might be quite a tasty fight, but you can see each of the big three not queuing up for it.

Never knowingly understood

Wilder on 13:49 - May 19 with 2033 viewstraininvain

To be fair, Wilder showed he can take a punch vs Ortiz. But I agree that technically he isn’t the best.

Whyte is a good Wildcard to have in the division. I can see why none of the top heavyweights want to fight him as it’s a risky fight for a comparatively low payday.

AJ’s lack of head movement is an obvious concern against the big hitters in the division. At the end of the day, if Wilder connects with one of those punches it’s goodnight.

Fury’s technically the best in the division but it’s a question of whether he can stay focussed and motivated long enough to challenge the others.

All in all this potentially makes for some great fights, provided the likes of Hearn make the fights happen!

Wilder on 15:11 - May 20 with 1740 viewstimcocking

It's such a shame he wasn't fighting Fury or AJ, they are all being stupid and harming boxing in the process. They should be more like this heroic legend...

Wilder on 18:15 - May 20 with 1634 viewsingeminate

The Whyte one is strange all round. First off he turned down a fight with Joshua recently which would have been comfortably his biggest pay day (final not first offer). He felt he was still being low-balled, but if he really backed himself to win he’d have surely taken it.
Flip side a while back Wilder turned down what at the time would have three times his biggest pay day to fight Whyte - and its criminal walking punch bag big Dom was made mandatory ahead of of Whyte, WBC at its rotten finest.
Fury/Whyte is being spoken about for the make belief diamond WBC belt, but be surprised if that happens. The Rivas fight is by no means a gimme and his recent record stacks up against anyone In World boxing, really hope he gets a shot at Wilder eventually he’s definitely earned it.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Wilder on 09:40 - May 22 with 1427 viewsBluce_Ree

After years of being dull the heavyweight division finally has some stars and real talent and instead of fighting it out in classic Benn/Eubank/Collins/Watson fashion the promoters are going to keep them all apart. Rubbish.

Boxing doesn't do itself any favours.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024