Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points required to stay in the Premier League 17:00 - May 26 with 1070 viewsHannibal

Southampton and Brighton 39 and 36 points respectively. Still there. Just sayin’

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:04 - May 26 with 1062 viewsROTTWEILERS

What did we get again?

We were TRULY abysmal between the end of Jan to a month before the end of the season. No complaints.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 19:09 - May 26 with 1054 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, but our points total would have kept us up in most seasons.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 19:17 - May 26 with 1051 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

West Ham went down with 42 one season. I've only just stopped laughing.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 16:54 - May 27 with 1034 viewsHannibal

Just found this stat on wiki:

Most goals scored in a season by a relegated team: 55, Blackpool (2010—11)[52]

And I checked the stats and this is what they show:

On 39 points Blackpool have finished in 14th place in 09/10, 16th in 11/12, 17th in 12/13, 14th in 13/14, 13th in 14/15, relegated in 15/16 on goal diff, relegated in 18th in 16/17, 16th in 17/18 and 17th this season gone.

Not that it matters of course but interesting that in the last 10 seasons 39 points would have meant safety 7 out 10 times. There you go. Does it matter? No.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:01 - May 27 with 1029 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'll give you two more then Hanners.

Under the old two point for a win system, Blackpool hold two records for a 42 game season :

Most points gained (58) NOT to go up (1967/68)

Most points gained (37) but still went down (1977/78)

That second one was especially galling ; seven teams finished on 38 points, and all bar one of them had a worse goal difference than us.

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:05 - May 27 with 1026 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

You just had to bloody well mention 77/78, still have nightmares about that.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:09 - May 27 with 1020 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm sorry BBTRR. It's like a bizarre form of Tourette's. I burst into cocktail parties, shout "Cartmell!" at the top of my voice and have to be ushered out.....

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:18 - May 27 with 1013 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I can still recall sitting in the garden with a not very portable, portable radio trying to get updates on Radio Wales on the Cardiff - Orient match.

One win in the last 15 matches?, still can't understand how that happened with that team.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:35 - May 27 with 1007 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I remember us winning at Mansfield just before Christmas and we were third. I really thought it was going to be our year, we'd had a few near misses before.

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:40 - May 27 with 1002 viewsspell_chekker

It took us 29 years for us to recover from that blow.

Only to be taken down again.

All very hard to swallow.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Points required to stay in the Premier League on 17:43 - May 27 with 1001 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Remember losing at home to them as well in the same season. I'm sure at one stage that season we were 3rd with a game in hand.

Also remember reading The Gazette the day after we got relegated on the way back from school. They had a report of the Cardiff - Orient match, said about 60 or so Blackpool fans were there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024