Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tumbleweed 15:36 - May 31 with 1051 viewsHannibal

Oh Christ it’s quiet on here folks. I note on The Dark Side it’s a bit busier albeit with tittle tattle about Christine and the hotel job vs integrity in relation to BST. BRR’s ‘by the way of balance’ thread is the main focus. W(P)C defending the lovely Mosser...

When are the new owners coming in?😃
[Post edited 31 May 2019 15:37]

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Tumbleweed on 15:53 - May 31 with 1044 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Quietness and tranquility are often under-rated.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Tumbleweed on 16:11 - May 31 with 1036 viewsHannibal

True to a point. However feels a little like, ‘One flew over the cuckoo’s nest’ on here sometimes. Medication time, medication time.

I thought you were absolutely correct by the way on that aforementioned thread. Shock horror!

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Tumbleweed on 16:35 - May 31 with 1030 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Nice to know Hanners. I was going to say more, but I have probably said enough on the subject for now....

Tumbleweed on 17:03 - May 31 with 1023 viewsLala

Busy day for me work wise 😩 Off home now via the Chinese, pj’s and feet up time 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Tumbleweed on 17:15 - May 31 with 1016 viewsROTTWEILERS

Well said Robbie. I feel disempowered pretty much every single time I read avftt these days, even more so after being sucked in to reply.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Tumbleweed on 17:32 - May 31 with 1004 viewsImperial

Resist Rots.

I always feel soiled afterwards.

Tumbleweed on 18:13 - May 31 with 990 viewsLala

I’m similar Rotts. Dip my toe in the water and then regret it, too stressful.

Am staying out of this one for those reasons but I will say though OG taking umbrage at perceived abuse is quite frankly hilarious.

I always found him to be one of THE most personally absusive posters Avftt produced, with very little effort involved on his part. Nasty and very much one who runs with the ugly little pack.

Tumbleweed on 18:14 - May 31 with 990 viewsspudgun

Yep, I agree with that; replying is counter productive and generally unrewarding. Nuance and balance have always been in short supply on AVFTT, but is as rare as the proverbial dog that speaks Norwegian nowadays.

Funnily enough the fella that introduced me to AVFTT a few years ago never posted himself, which I thought was odd at the time but makes good sense now, as it always appears to be simmering on the edge of an argument.

I occasionally read a thread or two but most dissolve into abuse and retribution, or the same nonsense from the same entrenched didactic posters.

For those with a longer history of posting on there, was it much more civil and entertaining back in the day, and if so, what went wrong?

Tumbleweed on 18:36 - May 31 with 982 viewsLala

We seemed to have good debates and good banter about ten years ago.

Certain fans gaining notoriety with the suing business didn’t help in my opinion as it pushed them into avftt celebrity status that still seems to drive them now.

There is an offsite clique that has got more vocal for some reason and for a while abuse became more tolerated as in, as long as you were on the right side you could say what you want. That abusive mentality seems to have stuck.

Then with all the negatives of the O situation divisions were built and seem to remain.

Very sad.

Tumbleweed on 18:42 - May 31 with 974 viewsROTTWEILERS

I think they've pretty much abandoned moderation.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Tumbleweed on 19:48 - May 31 with 951 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Robbie.

Just read your thread on AVFTT, nailed it for me.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Tumbleweed on 19:55 - May 31 with 944 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I thought long and hard about posting. I wasn't sure whether it was the right thing to do. But I think some of the behaviour in the last few weeks has been pretty awful. The Harry Davis thread was where the line started being crossed for me. As far as I know, it is a complete fabrication, and I'm disappointed that people have carried it back without stopping to think whether it was credible or not. If it was deliberately invented, that's even worse. I hope it isn't.

I could be completely wrong of course, we'll find out soon enough.

Tumbleweed on 20:06 - May 31 with 939 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

You could do a timeline about who certain posters wanted/were about to become our new owners, - Must be local/British, Must include VB, Must be AP, Now must be Teh. That's some sodding journey in 3/4 weeks.

The innuendos about TAM, Christine and BST in general, seem agenda driven by a few individuals, for whatever reason.

The stuff about Currie, Bolingbroke and the CAR, without hard evidence are libellous.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Tumbleweed on 20:09 - May 31 with 935 viewsLala

It’s total fabrication according to TAM.

It’s attention seekers vying to be top ITK posters and moaners who turn on any establishment in the end.

Really Robbie there is a very unpleasant culture breeding on there right now, albeit created by just a handful of posters, but definitely the more vocal, aggressive or power hungry few.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 20:10]

Tumbleweed on 20:28 - May 31 with 920 viewsspudgun

It`s something that we discussed briefly on here on the `Statement from the Joint Receivers` thread yesterday, but it needed to be addressed on AVFTT, and it was done with meticulous authority.

I think the problem started a week or so ago with `Imagine`s` cryptic comments and prediction about something detrimental was to follow about CS- that was distasteful.

There is a hard core of constant trouble makers/ attention seekers, and a bunch of sycophantic enablers who take offence on behalf of the others and form a pack of deplorables.

The problem may be that the years of conflict has made some of them gun happy, and they just cannot return to civvy street...

Tumbleweed on 21:39 - May 31 with 902 viewsImperial

Agree Spud, they have no battles to fight so they make them up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024