Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gove 12:10 - Jun 9 with 1326 viewsHannibal

What a bellend. Takes drugs and at the same time he was doing it shakes his head at those just like him who do the same. Typical Tory

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48572982

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Gove on 13:17 - Jun 9 with 1311 viewsLala

To be honest there won’t be many politicians who haven’t dabbled at some point, especially in their uni days
I can count on 2 fingers the friends I have who haven’t at least tried drugs. I’m very anti drugs but have had a couple of spliffs way back and the youngsters today are shovelling more up their noses than we could ever imagine according to my girls.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Gove on 13:25 - Jun 9 with 1308 viewsHannibal

I don’t care about if he took drugs in the past.

I do care about him taking drugs in 1999 and then writing in The Times in 1999 finger wagging at middle class drug users like some holier than thou.

That’s a whoosh moment from you LALA.

Gove on 13:37 - Jun 9 with 1303 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think Gove's problem is that this happened in his 30's well over 10 years after leaving uni. Like to know what he put on his Visa waver application when he travelled to the USA.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Gove on 13:41 - Jun 9 with 1300 viewsHannibal

Exactly BBTRR. He was 32 going on 33 when he did it. Not exactly a youngster at or recently at university. I could get over that though. But it’s the hypocrisy about this that takes the piss.

I believe the phrase used these days in matters like this is, ‘trust issues’.

In other words he’s a liar and a hypocrite.

Or as I originally said, a bellend.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 13:42]

Gove on 14:11 - Jun 9 with 1291 viewsLala

I was in my 30’s when I dabbled. Don’t think it makes much difference.

Experimenting with drugs in the past wouldn’t stop me from supporting any politician of any party if I thought that they were currently the best person for the job.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 14:15]

Gove on 14:13 - Jun 9 with 1289 viewsHannibal

You’re missing the point.

Gove on 14:22 - Jun 9 with 1281 viewsLala

I’m not. He’s a hypocrite etc, but most of them are, so are most people on some level.

He’s not my favourite politician, and I wouldn’t back him in the leadership challenge, BUT, finding out he isn’t perfect wouldn’t be enough to put me off if I wanted to. Tis all I’m saying.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 14:23]

Gove on 17:06 - Jun 9 with 1258 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I wondered last week why Trump claimed not to know Gove, even though Murdoch set up an interview for Gove with Trump for the Times about 2 years ago. I wonder if Trump's team got advance warning about this.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Gove on 17:11 - Jun 9 with 1252 viewsLala

Looking at it now half the Tory party has ‘come out ‘ drugs wise. I think the same would happen with any party now to be honest.

Historical drugs dabbling is absolutely rife. I’d find it hard to believe anyone 40+ years who said they hadn’t had as much as smoked a spliff. Maybe Mrs May , but fat lot of good that did anybody.

Gove on 18:47 - Jun 9 with 1243 viewsspudgun

I think Gove could be in huge political trouble here.

I haven't read any of the Sunday papers and don`t know exactly how far they have gone on him, but he was well and truly skewered by Andrew Marr, and I suspect he may have big problems coming his way which may scupper his leadership bid.

He looked at best disingenuous and more an out and out liar fighting to stay afloat when questioned about the ESTA form (for entry into the USA), and to a lesser extent about regulations he brought in when Secretary of State for Education.

He claimed he had not lied when answering any questions regarding the ESTA form, but one question is:

Have you ever violated any law related to possession, using or distributing illegal drugs?

I presume he said `no` to that, which would have been a lie; had he put `yes` he would probably not have gained entry to the USA.

He is undoubtedly a hypocrite, but lying on the ESTA form could be his downfall.

I notice his `profound regrets` didn`t quite reach to being a liar, only to taking drugs, which to me is the least of his offences...

Gove on 19:02 - Jun 9 with 1237 viewsLala

I don’t think he’s a hope in hell of winning the leadership contest anyway.

What happens with the lying is anyone’s guess.

Like you Spud the drug thing isn’t something that would overly concern me. None of it is really. People lie in my experience, unfortunately.

Gove on 19:36 - Jun 9 with 1231 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

What are the potential consequences if I lie on the ESTA form?

Criminal prosecution

It is a criminal offence to provide false information for the purposes of obtaining a visa waiver or visa to the US. In the worst case scenario, you will be prosecuted. Prosecution under the Immigration and Nationality Act has a maximum sentence of two years in prison. Prosecution under US Code Title 18 carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

Oops.

Gove on 19:39 - Jun 9 with 1228 viewsLala

In the worst case scenario you may be prosecuted.....

Can’t see it myself though .

Gove on 19:47 - Jun 9 with 1227 viewsspudgun

I didn`t delve that far Red, but I suspected it would be serious for him and may end more than his PM bid.

He had the look of a man desperate man on Marr; if the media pursue him tomorrow he will have to issue further `profound` apologies for lying on the form to gain entry to the USA.

As is often the case in politics it is not the crime as much as the cover up that does for you.

Ask Fiona Onasanya...
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 19:48]

Gove on 19:51 - Jun 9 with 1221 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Could depend if the media in The USA pick this up & run with it. I'm sure they'll get copies of his application forms if they want to.

Gove on 20:18 - Jun 9 with 1215 viewsspudgun

Yep, that`s what I thought.

If it`s a `no` on it, it is game over for him.

I wonder what Rory Stewart put on his form...

Gove on 20:23 - Jun 9 with 1214 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Rory & Hunt were clever, both confessed to doing it in another country, as part of some custom. (A one off, if I've read their statements correctly).

Gove on 20:26 - Jun 9 with 1212 viewsspudgun

And of course Boris has both admitted it and denied it!!

Esther McVey was very firm with her denial on Andrew Marr, but may have forgotten that she had admitted smoking cannabis at uni in the past.

Can of worms, eh?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 20:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024