Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An outrage we can all agree on.... 12:19 - Jun 14 with 5117 viewsPhildo

Top 50 Michael Caine films - Zulu only makes 15th place....

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/14/michael-caine-best-films-ranked

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:26 - Jun 14 with 3466 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Muppets Christmas Carol Number 10... 5 above Zulu. Pfft

'The man who would be King' is fantastic though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:29 - Jun 14 with 3447 viewsloftboy

Alfie number 1 for me, followed by the Italian job, Zulu and get carter, i did enjoy a mullet Christmas carol but probably not his finest moment.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:31 - Jun 14 with 3439 viewsloftboy

Forgot to add on the other end of the scale Jaws the revenge or whatever it was called has to be one of the worst films ever made.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:31 - Jun 14 with 3441 viewsTacticalR

Even worse Journey 2: The Mysterious Island is completely omitted!

Air hostess clique

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:44 - Jun 14 with 3401 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remember him smugly saying on Wogan once that to maintain a high standard of living you have to make a crap standard of film. Fine, but the punters are dishing out dosh to see you, kid.

Shame, as he's a good actor when he can be bothered do the tricky stuff like picking a good script, attempting an accent or moving around the set.

Never really got the draw of Zulu, but liked him in Get Carter, Alfie and especially Last Orders which is a cracking little film.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:52 - Jun 14 with 3362 viewsMick_S

Regarding the smug: He reckons he makes the best roast potatoes in the world. That's fighting talk, that is.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:56 - Jun 14 with 3346 viewsMrSheen

No Jaws 4 either. An outrage.

I'm not sure what has aged worse, Zulu or Get Carter.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:57 - Jun 14 with 3343 viewsNed_Kennedys

Typical Guardian: omitting his best film The Island.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:58 - Jun 14 with 3333 viewsBrianMcCarthy

People have died for less!

I met him and his wife, Shakira, once. I was working on doing up a bridge in Chelsea and they had the penthouse on the Chelsea Harbour tower next door. They stopped for a chat while I eat my sarnies, asking all about the bridge redevelopment and life in general. Really nice people and a good laugh.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 12:59 - Jun 14 with 3326 viewsMrSheen

I was reading about a film called Witchfinder General, where Vincent Price wasn't getting on with his director, Michael Reeves (who died soon after at 29).
"I've made 87 films. What have you done?"
"I've made three good ones."
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 13:07]

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:02 - Jun 14 with 3315 viewsDannyPaddox

The marvellous Pulp (1972) only came in at No. 46 so I didn't bother reading the rest.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:05 - Jun 14 with 3289 viewsMick_S

Brian outs himself by admitting to decorating Chelsea's ground.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:05 - Jun 14 with 3285 viewsAntti_Heinola

He's magnificent in The Muppets, I've no problem with that.

Bare bones.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:21 - Jun 14 with 3243 viewsloftus77

No entry for Blame It On Rio? Had a few memorable scenes as I (as a teenager) recall....

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:37 - Jun 14 with 3193 viewsenfieldargh

Too late the hero was a great movie at that time.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:39 - Jun 14 with 3186 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Also a fantastic Cathedral song. (not sure if Mathhew Hopkins or the film inspired it but it's in the music vid)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:45 - Jun 14 with 3167 viewsTacticalR

What's wrong with Get Carter? It's been a while since I saw it, but as far as I can remember it's a well made, atmospheric movie.

As for Zulu unfortunately due to political correctness going to Africa and shooting the natives has become as unacceptable as shooting wildlife.

Air hostess clique

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 13:47 - Jun 14 with 3163 viewsPhildo

Re-watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with my kids a few weeks ago and it is still very funny

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 14:16 - Jun 14 with 3101 viewskingsburyR

I worked in a print/copy shop/office in Chelsea Harbour for a couple of years.

He would come in daily to send faxes and get copies down.

I found him to be a really nice bloke. We were on first name terms don't you know!!!

P.S. I also photo copied Kylie in a bikini (actually her!) but that's another thread completely!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 14:29 - Jun 14 with 3071 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Worth starting the thread just to see what you call it.

'Most famous people you have photo copied'

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 14:30 - Jun 14 with 3070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"I also photo copied Kylie in a bikini (actually her!) but that's another thread completely!"

Oh no, it's not!!!

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 14:50 - Jun 14 with 3035 viewsMrSheen

I might be on thin ice here, but I saw it recently and although it's a well-made film, I found the casual violence against women in it, by the hero as well as the villains, horrific. I wouldn't have noticed a few years ago, I admit.

With Zulu, it's not just the mass slaughter of comical natives, it's that it's so laughably unconvincing, like the way dead Indians in Westerns used to leap off their horses.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 16:32 - Jun 14 with 2952 viewsLazyFan

What's missed in that film is that the Zulu's are an honourable warrior army.

Whereas the British are more elitist than the Zulu's (they still had an elite too) and for disrespectful. They also try and make injured men do hard labour BEFORE the officers only then forced to do it and get stuck into this at the end.

And shows how ruthless the British army was and cared little for its own soldiers. All they had to do was retreat and let them burn the church and the retake it. The net result would have been lives saved on both sides, as the church got destroyed anyway.

A great expose of imperial arrogance and folly.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 18:36 - Jun 14 with 2880 viewsqprxtc

I blame Gary Micklewhite. BLOODY GARY MICKLEWHITE.

An outrage we can all agree on.... on 18:44 - Jun 14 with 2872 viewscolinallcars

In Zulu, he didn't really say “ don't throw those bloody spears at me “ did he ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024