Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New things that we do. 09:12 - Jul 19 with 6438 viewsMick_S

I've just been reading on the BBC that a new chair has been invented to stop "manspreading." No, me neither. Apparently, this chair stops you sitting like a bloke - knees facing slightly outwards.

That's manspreading.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New things that we do. on 09:43 - Jul 19 with 3194 viewsKonk

My wife has been obsessed with this for years. And she has a point. Next time you're on a tube carriage, look at how much space the average bloke takes up with their legs akimbo, in relation to the average woman. Not just space-hogging, but there's a lot of gentlemen's trouser bits on display too. It shouldn't happen. Not in this day and age. Follow my lead and cross your legs like a right old dandy intellectual.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New things that we do. on 09:53 - Jul 19 with 3172 viewsMick_S

Especially if you have four legs.

New things that we do. on 10:02 - Jul 19 with 3136 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Last time I was on the metro in NYC, lots of signs requesting chaps to ‘stop the spread’.

Something that recent Tory leader candidate Rory Stewart, should be advised to heed. He sits with leg pointing to Cork, the other to Cleethorpes, possibly Skegness.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New things that we do. on 10:04 - Jul 19 with 3146 viewsstevec

Not long now before it's a criminal offence to have a cóck and a pair of bollócks.

New things that we do. on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 3133 viewsRangersDave

Bizarrely, for me that is, sitting naturally, my legs point away from eah other naturally.
That could be down to my corpulent stature, or the fact i have a big pair of boll ocks, who knows.

What i do know, however is it takes pressure to keep my legs together 'ladystylee'.
I find that pressure uncomfortable.

I wonder if its a 'hip' thing? some are made that way, some are not? I could cross my legs but try that in SAR on a match day. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New things that we do. on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 3133 viewsMick_S

You can buy a chair to hide them now mate.

New things that we do. on 10:10 - Jul 19 with 3131 viewsKonk

Or you could stop feeling sorry for yourself, concede it’s a valid point and show a bit of consideration?

New things that we do. on 10:11 - Jul 19 with 3128 viewsToast_R

At Loftus Road the seats have been this way since 1994.

New things that we do. on 10:17 - Jul 19 with 3114 viewsstevec

As RangersDave alludes to, if you've spent most of your life perched in a seat at LR, you've effectively been physically engineered to sit in the mansplain position.

New things that we do. on 10:26 - Jul 19 with 3090 viewsMick_S

Stan (Northolt boy) had it, even back then.

New things that we do. on 10:33 - Jul 19 with 3066 viewsstevec

What are you talking about?

It's not a valid point. I've sat on numerous Tube trains, purely due to nature practically every bloke sits in various forms of that position and I can categorically state I have NEVER seen it have any effect on the woman next to them.

There are seating arrangements where you sit directly opposite someone and the only way to avoid your knee brushing against the woman opposite is to sit in the fckin mansplaining position you are so deeply offended by.

Basically, for any normal human being this is not a problem. Sadly, there are women out there who see equality (which I'm all in favour of) as a right to moan about men (which I'm not in favour of).

You seem to be confusing the word 'Consideration' with the word 'Domestication', for reasons I am not in a position to fathom.

New things that we do. on 10:41 - Jul 19 with 3048 viewsLunarJetman

Its not just women affected though is it. I sit on a train (when i can get a seat) every day to and from London for work and often see these manspreaders taking up 1 and 1/2 seats with meaning the person next to them (male or female) is perched on the edge of the remaining seat.

Happened to me a few times as well.

Its just good manners really thought isn't it. You can either think of your fellow passengers and have some consideration, or take your view and say fcuk them and just do what you want...

New things that we do. on 10:44 - Jul 19 with 3042 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This could well be the LFW barney of the Summer...

Pulls up chair in anticipation, wonders how to sit down...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New things that we do. on 10:46 - Jul 19 with 3038 viewsMick_S

She also made a second chair intended for women which encourages sitters to push their legs apart.

Make sure you get the right chair, Brian. It's confusing, isn't it?

New things that we do. on 10:52 - Jul 19 with 3021 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I rarely get the tube but I told one after I'd moved my legs once there was going to be trouble if I had to move them again. (done with my eyes closed and headphones on)

Lo and behold leg withdrawn.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New things that we do. on 10:54 - Jul 19 with 3014 views18StoneOfHoop

Oh dear you poor emasculated neutered diddums.

Concur 100% with our Fulham visitor.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 18:29]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

New things that we do. on 10:55 - Jul 19 with 3007 viewsMick_S

Could have been worse.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 11:00]

New things that we do. on 11:16 - Jul 19 with 2955 viewsisawqpratwcity

So you see that sitting like this is an assertion of power; dominance, if you like, over females? That's very interesting, tell me more.
How were relations with your mother?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 11:17]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New things that we do. on 11:16 - Jul 19 with 2955 viewsKonk

Deary me, Steve. As others have said, if the bloke next to you is spread out on the Northern Line like Henry VIII on his throne, then it makes life uncomfortable for whoever’s sat next to them, whether they’re male or female. Usually the same blokes who hog the armrests. It’s just practicing a bit of consideration, mate. It’s really not a big deal - just a nice thing to do and really easy.

First they wanted the vote, then equal pay and now they don’t want blokes pushing their legs against them and taking up half their space whilst giving the world an eyeful of their cock and bollocks. Unbelievable bastards.

New things that we do. on 11:17 - Jul 19 with 2946 viewsDixie_CT

Can someone please send me the rules and regulations from the World Police handbook? I’ve lost my copy.

I lay down on the tube. Find it’s a conversation starter. Talking to people? Now there is a novel fing

New things that we do. on 11:23 - Jul 19 with 2917 viewsisawqpratwcity

That's ok if he's in Ballincollig.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New things that we do. on 11:30 - Jul 19 with 2896 viewsKonk

Steve, if it helps just think of it as a standard tube courtesy, like not playing music out loud, not eating hot take away food, giving up your seat for someone more in need, not blocking aisles with luggage, not having loud anal sex, not hosting a dog fight in the carriage etc. It doesn’t have to usher in the fall of patriarchy, mate.

New things that we do. on 11:39 - Jul 19 with 2861 viewsLongsufferingR

So quiet anal sex is OK is it?

Funny standards you set yourself.

New things that we do. on 11:41 - Jul 19 with 2852 viewsDorse

Especially if they're not yours.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New things that we do. on 11:43 - Jul 19 with 2842 viewsMick_S

So these are the chairs. One on the right - shut them lads. The one on the left encourages the opening of the legs. Someone help me here. I get the bloke one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024