Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Torn retina 12:24 - Jul 26 with 1541 viewsE17hoop

That's a fun op innit?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Torn retina on 12:31 - Jul 26 with 1525 viewsconnell10

Blimey how did you do that mate?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Torn retina on 12:33 - Jul 26 with 1516 viewsGloucs_R

I thought we had signed a Swedish striker then 🤔

Poll: Are we staying up?

Torn retina on 12:35 - Jul 26 with 1496 viewsLblock

Fun?

I can't see it myself.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Torn retina on 12:36 - Jul 26 with 1495 viewsisawqpratwcity

Learn how to DIY on YouTube.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Torn retina on 12:38 - Jul 26 with 1485 viewsE17hoop

No idea. - it's been there for a while they think - might have been from a fall when running, or a bike crash a year ago.

Went for a glaucoma appt last Friday and found it was torn and bubbled, like a wallpaper bubble. Op yesterday, with a local anesthetic, took them a couple of hours to isolate the tear, push the retina back and freeze it back in place.

Eyesight is light/dark and some colour. My eye is now a demon's - fully bloodshot and a black iris. I scared a child in the clinic this morning.

Torn retina on 21:09 - Jul 26 with 1296 viewsE1Hoop

I had a few operations last year for a detached retina. It sounds like the same op that you had. It was pretty horrible at the time but the eye has been fine for a year now. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Torn retina on 21:19 - Jul 26 with 1278 viewsbosh67

Sorry to hear this.

I thought it was your new stage name now that Rip Torn has passed away.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Torn retina on 21:41 - Jul 26 with 1247 viewsGroveR

"I scared a child in the clinic this morning."

I've told you that elephant impression would end in tears mate.

Torn retina on 22:40 - Jul 26 with 1175 viewsE17hoop

Luckily the tear was at the top so I've got upright posturing - makes sleeping a pain.

I was fine in the op until they started freezing it which hurt like búggery; luckily they shoved a bit of morphine in.

Torn retina on 22:41 - Jul 26 with 1174 viewsE17hoop

I went to the GP earlier and the same thing happened there too. Must. Remember. To. Do. Up. Flies.

Torn retina on 22:44 - Jul 26 with 1172 viewsTW_R

Hello mate. I have a bit of experience in this area. A couple of years ago leading up to Christmas I was diagnosed with a torn retina in my right eye. They tried fixing it with cryo treatment (basically lasering around the tear to create scar tissue and then freezing the tear) but to no avail, so had the full surgery with the gas in the eye. Took 6 weeks to fully recover and then, 3 weeks later, my left retina detached, so had to go through the whole thing again. The 2nd time was worse because during the first week of the recovery period I had to lie on my right side for 50 minutes of every hour. That was not fun.

Ping me if you want to have a chat.

Torn retina on 23:50 - Jul 26 with 1129 viewsE1Hoop

My retina detached a few times and needed further ops. It good now. The worst part is the recovery. I had to lie on my side. But as it holds together you regain some confidence that it will be alright. My sight is ok and hopefully yours will be as well.

Torn retina on 09:18 - Jul 27 with 1023 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I had a detached retina and had to have the op that very day when it was detected. Everything was fine but the surgeon told me I would get a cataract within a year as a result of the operation. This happened within six months but it is a very common and straightforward procedure.

Everything is fine now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024