Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble heading our way? 16:21 - Aug 5 with 11831 viewsTonto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49236509

One of those abused was McLean. It's not clear and I wasnt there but was that our fans making the sectarian abuse?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Trouble heading our way? on 16:28 - Aug 5 with 6492 viewsBuckR

Wasn't anything in the ground that I heard. All the front rows were blocked off too so can't imagine it was anything shouted at him either. Unless it happened out the ground

Trouble heading our way? on 16:32 - Aug 5 with 6464 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Probably the home fans after BOS skinned him for the umpteenth time.
Not that that is acceptable either, but I would rather it was that than QPR fans.

Trouble heading our way? on 16:43 - Aug 5 with 6396 viewsterryb

He did receive some booing when his name was read out as part of the Stoke team. I'm not aware of anything that happened other than that.

As has been stated, his hearing must be exceptional if he heard any individual comments with all those rows blocked off!

Trouble heading our way? on 16:53 - Aug 5 with 6289 viewsAntti_Heinola

maybe some right-minded QPR fans reported some poor comments? possible. His hearing isn't the point, is it?

but it's hardly surprising this stuff seems to be on the rise. Racists being emboldened all over the place.

Bare bones.

Trouble heading our way? on 17:03 - Aug 5 with 6226 viewsNorthernr

McClean gets it literally every week doesn't he? People absolutely screaming at him in the Paddocks last season about "where's your poppy? where's your facking poppy mcclean".

In March.

Trouble heading our way? on 17:07 - Aug 5 with 6188 viewsenfieldargh

So who are your favorite boo-ees?

Top of my list was David speedie

I also gave Ron Harris stick in our 2-4 defeat in 67

Wasn’t keen on Paul Walsh

Defo Malcolm McDonald during his spT with Stanley

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Trouble heading our way? on 17:10 - Aug 5 with 6168 viewsstowmarketrange

We will no doubt get a points deduction and a big fine,especially if it was Stoke fans singing about him.After getting fined for protecting our keeper from a stoke fan attacking him on the pitch it has to be our fault.
I’d hope it wasn’t our fans but nothing surprises me these days.

Trouble heading our way? on 17:13 - Aug 5 with 6147 viewscolinallcars

Going back what seems to be a lifetime, Derek Dougan was a target as in the song “ let's have Dougan for dinner” sung to an advert for corned beef that was on the box at the time.

Trouble heading our way? on 17:14 - Aug 5 with 6144 viewsTonto

As Norf says... we have form.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47527615

Trouble heading our way? on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 6118 viewsterryb

I only mentioned his hearing, as in, if he heard some comments & reported them. If somebody else reported it, it is certainly irrelevant.

My point was that, all I heard on Saturday was his name being booed when he was announced in the side. There were definitely no chants or songs that were aimed at him or booing of him during the match.

Maybe some Rangers fans did report some comments. I suspect we were too busy celebrating though!

Personally, I have no problems with his "poppy" stance & didn't join in the boos.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 17:20]

Trouble heading our way? on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 6025 viewsloftboy

Les sealy use to get dogs abuse when we played Luton, Speedie was great for a wind up, more recently has to be captain racist Bellend.
Derby away Xmas 1990 , very early KO and it had been in the papers all week about Shilton hitting his Mrs, was delighted when I was sat right behind his goal at the baseball ground, reminded him about it every time they got a goal kick, got to the point where he offered to hit me as well if I didn’t shut up!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Trouble heading our way? on 17:49 - Aug 5 with 6000 viewsloftboy

Also forget Pat Van den hauwe who got slaughtered because he was seeing Mandy Smith of I’ll Wyman fame.

Trouble heading our way? on 17:56 - Aug 5 with 5937 viewsstowmarketrange

Les Sealy deserved dogs abuse when he was playing.We used to stand behind the goal and take the mickey out of him and his white trainers he used to wear on the plastic pitch.
Every game he always gave it back too,including on one occasion he shouted back to us “how much do you feckers earn?”
Ogrizovic was another to get some awful abuse during games.

Trouble heading our way? on 17:57 - Aug 5 with 5933 viewstoboboly

It’s not racist though

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Trouble heading our way? on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 5899 viewsCroydonCaptJack

because she was about 15 as I recall (or had been when she was seeing Bill Wyman)

Trouble heading our way? on 18:28 - Aug 5 with 5797 viewsloftboy

She was 13 and wyman nearly 50!! When they started their relationship apparently.

Trouble heading our way? on 18:40 - Aug 5 with 5732 viewssmegma

Nowhere in the link does it say McLean was abused by QPR fans on Saturday.

Trouble heading our way? on 19:39 - Aug 5 with 5573 viewsTonto

Hence the question marks in both the thread title and my OP.

Trouble heading our way? on 19:54 - Aug 5 with 5488 viewsdolcelatte

You must have been standing next to me that day Sealey shouted that. Mind you me and mate had given him abuse all day. He shut up when I replied with my then salary. As s fund manager st the time it was rather more than him!!!

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Trouble heading our way? on 20:00 - Aug 5 with 5451 viewsstowmarketrange

I used to stand in the metal square box on the loft where I now sit.Only now it’s called ML and you don’t have to get there an hour early to get your space.Great days.

Trouble heading our way? on 21:13 - Aug 5 with 5224 viewsBoston

....and you still wouldn’t shell out for a seat!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Trouble heading our way? on 00:08 - Aug 6 with 4924 viewsqueensparker

What was the deal with Les Sealey? I was only a young lad in the Loft so never understood it but he used to get absolute dogs abuse every time he played

Trouble heading our way? on 00:16 - Aug 6 with 4916 viewsstowmarketrange

He always seemed to come across as a cocky git and played to the crowd a bit.Also playing for Luton didn’t help his cause either.Possibly he took the flak for their sh@t fans.

Trouble heading our way? on 01:13 - Aug 6 with 4865 viewsSydneyRs

Part of the reason Sealy was so much fun was he would always react to it. Grobelaar on the other hand would banter with the crowd and take the sting out of it.

Trouble heading our way? on 01:41 - Aug 6 with 4848 viewstimcocking

Poor old James McLean, my heart bleeds for him. I bet he's deeply upset by being booed by some Rangers fans, not sure how he'll cope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024