Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few Thoughts from Yesterday 12:14 - Aug 18 with 1339 viewsdaveB

I went to Bristol 2 seasons ago when Holloway was manager, result was the same a 2-0 defeat but this performance was so much more encouraging.

There are a few negatives as you'd expect from a defeat. Our set piece delivery is quite poor and Barbet needs to give up the notion he can take them as again he took control in a promising position and didn't get the ball off the floor.

We also look terrified to have a shot on goal, i know they are trying to work into a good position but some times having a shot or just putting the ball in the box could force a mistake. Chair seemed the only one who was brave enough to have a shot and he was unlucky not to score with one that went through the keepers legs but he somehow got a hand to it and kept it out,

We kept playing though and the style off football is very pleasing on the eye and one they all look comfortable with. Eze was really good first half but faded in the second. Bright was really good until it came to the final ball where he couldn't pick anyone out.

I liked the look of Smith as well but he also faded after half time.

We had a chance just before the second goal when Hugil should have scored from close range but the keeper made a good save.

The second goal was farcical, poor throw from Rangel, i'm not sure if it was Hall or Barbet who made a mess pf a header to Lumley who then sliced his clearance. It was comical and killed the game for us. We still played some decent football after that and if we had got one goal back I'd have backed us for the draw but in truth the goal never looked like coming.

One slight moan about tickets, i got mine for me and my son and we were put right at the back so with everyone stood up he couldn't see a bloody thing and he had a few morons having a go at him and others for not standing or being proper fans. I was quite proud of him when he told them to shut up and he ended up standing on his chair so he could watch. That was a very small minority though and even their mates told them to shut up. There must be a way to pick which seats you want so that if you want to stand and sing at the back you can and if you want to sit down you can.

Despite that little moan I thought the support was pretty good yesterday, really good numbers and stuck behind the team throughout

Two home games this week though so if we can get at least 4 points it will be a decent start for us.

Few Thoughts from Yesterday on 12:22 - Aug 18 with 1298 viewsNorthernr

I enjoyed watching us. Thought Eze was fantastic first half then faded. Bright was top man. We desperately need to get Kane in for Rangel from the start cos he's great. All positives.

But I thought it was a bit of a Brentford performance. Absolutely lovely in the middle third, but soft in both boxes. Hugill needs to score his chance at the start of the second half, and the second goal is unforgivable load of old sht. Being clever for clever's sake.

Got to be clinical. Huddersfield should have been a win, yesterday should have been at least a draw.

I also thought Warburton erred slightly going with Smith instead of Scowen. All the talk on the train down there was whether he'd stick with Scowen for one more game for his added experience and defensive ability, or take the risk and go with Chair. I'm not sure what Smith did during the week to warrant leapfrogging Chair for that start, and I'm not sure he brought a lot to us yesterday either. Like you say, Chair was the only one that posed a genuine goal threat for us when he did come on.

Few Thoughts from Yesterday on 12:29 - Aug 18 with 1249 viewsWatford_Ranger

On the ticket thing...

There seemed to be a lot of kids/families around where I ended up (towards the ridiculously high main stand) and loads of space. It’s great after our recent history we have kids watching us away as I’ve always thought we had an old and ageing fan base compared to most.

Every away game there will be people who want to stand and sing and others who don’t. Perhaps the club could do more to try and distribute away tickets along these lines. We mock designated singing blocks and all that but at least you know where you stand (literally) with them. Ideally we as fans if you find yourself amongst the singers and you don’t want to be or the opposite, some common sense could apply and just move assuming it’s not rammed as few away games are. This doesn’t excuse any abuse from anyone.

Few Thoughts from Yesterday on 12:37 - Aug 18 with 1219 viewsdaveB

there must be a way to pick your seats, you can do it for home games so i think it's just general laziness they don't do it for away games as it's easier to just pick 2 tickets off the pile and hand them out

I used to be one of those who wanted to stand and sing at the back so completely understand where those people are coming from, it seems such an easy thing to fix but is probably only an issue when we sell out which isn't very often

Few Thoughts from Yesterday on 12:44 - Aug 18 with 1190 viewsdaveB

i get why he went but I did think if we had big Matt Smith to bring on yesterday to get on the end of a few crosses that might have made a difference, we seemed to have no option other than play through and around them

Few Thoughts from Yesterday on 13:00 - Aug 18 with 1109 viewsDannytheR

I do think Smith has got real promise - most 19 year old kids would tire at Championship level - but seeing him go straight into the starting 11 made me wonder if we have clauses in the loan deals for him and Amos that they have to start if fit.

We may well not, but whether it's contractual or less formal, maintaining a good relationship with the big clubs means you need to play the players they've loaned you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024