Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November 16:45 - Aug 29 with 3821 viewsSonofNorfolt

Anyone here going?
Thinking of catching some of both matches in Tauranga and Hamilton.

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 19:09 - Aug 29 with 3748 viewsThe_Beast1976

Yes. I'm heading out from London for both Tests on 18th November. I shall then be heading straight to South Africa on 15th December for all 4 Tests there (with 10 days in Namibia before the cricket starts in SA on Boxing Day)

I love NZ. This will be my 4th England cricket tour over there (after 2008, 2013 and 2018)and my 5th time in all in the last 11 years. Have you been over there before?

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 13:46 - Aug 30 with 3608 viewsSonofNorfolt

No I haven't, been to SA a couple of times and even Namibia.
I'm torn between catching the start of Aus v Pakistan in Brisbane and England's first test in Tauranga, especially as it's the first match there.
Then to the South Island before the second test in Hamilton, before the Solomon Islands, Bali and home.

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 14:03 - Aug 30 with 3579 viewsThe_Beast1976

Nice. My advice would be to sack off Aus v Pak and get to the 1st Test in NZ. As you say, the first Test at that ground as well and all that.

Was at Hamilton in 2008. One of my favourite grounds. Big grass bank to take in proceedings and plenty of pubs nearby in town.

If you need any recommendations on where to go on the South island let me know (although there are only 3 days between the 1st and 2nd Tests so you will be hard pushed to do much unless you miss a few days of one of the Tests). Have spent a lot of time on the South island travelling around in a campervan. Spending 10 days on the South Island myself after the 2nd Test
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 14:05]

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 03:16 - Aug 31 with 3493 viewsSonofNorfolt

Going to the catch the opening day at the Gabba, then get to Tauranga, hopefully for the second day of our test.
Bug ger off on day five to the South Island to cram in four days sightseeing. (recommendations accepted) before heading to Hamilton for the second.
Unfortunately I would like longer but the Solomons and Bali await............

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 09:57 - Aug 31 with 3379 viewsqpr1976

Was there for 2018 tour. Brief overview -
Auckland, nice city but IMO it looks better looking in than being in, if that makes sense. Waiheke Island wine tour, Devonport both worthwhile. Ponsonby is a lively & trendy evening area for food, drink. Glad they not got a Test at Eden Park, it’s a great Rugby ground, not a cricket ground.
Wellington, loved this place, lively, great bars, windy! Can walk everywhere, pretty much. Again, Rugby at the Cake Tin, Not Football.
Christchurch, nice place, very 50’s but still recovering from the earthquake a decade or so ago. Cricket was better here Hagley Park is beautiful with a village green feel for cricket.
QueensTown, highlight, great place, small, hilly, loads to do activity wise, very busy with youngsters. Bustling, beautiful scenery. Did Milford Sound day tour, was brilliant. 5 hours on coach but well worth it. Great boat ride. Cheated & got helicopter back (40 mins) including a stop on top of snow covered glacier. Great experience but expensive.

Overall great place to visit, very 70’s feel, great Pies ! Will go back one day to try Hamilton, Napier, Dunedin & more. Enjoy.

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 17:56 - Aug 31 with 3292 viewsTGRRRSSS

IN Christchurch if you can get the right company - and some lucvk you might get a helicopter tour flown by Richie McCaw the Celebrated All Black.

Queenstown reminds me a bit of a Ski place in some ways - which if course in the winter it is.

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 18:33 - Aug 31 with 3275 viewsqpr1976

True, stayed in a hotel, looked like a ski chalet....!

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 21:44 - Aug 31 with 3197 viewsHammersmithR

Alright mate, work with a couple of Kiwis who are from Tauaranga. Happy to chat to them to ask to ask them what to do and see over there. You may know Kane Williamson is from Tauranga. My mate actually taught him. Was in the school first team at 13 I believe. He was his PE teacher. Have seen photos from there and it looks stunning. My other mate who is actually Brentford has just moved there with his family. He’s a doctor and loving it. Definitely a trip I’d love to do one day!

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 3158 viewsKiwi76

Will excuse the 70’s comment!
Just hope weather ok as spring pretty much wettest season here now.
Interesting to see test at Tauranga & for tourists will be close to Rotorua/Taupo & for those who liked Lord of the Rings Hobbiton in Matamata.
Aucklander & best of our city is harbour & beaches incl rugged West Coast ones - def Waiheke Is approx 40min ferry ride from CBD.
There’s a few R’s here & let us know if in town as gladly share a pint or two

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 15:02 - Sep 19 with 2930 viewsSonofNorfolt

For anyone that cares, my itinerary will be something like this:

Bali,Cairns,Brisbane,Tauranga,Christchurch,Queenstown,Wellington,Hamilton,Auckland,Fiji,
Tonga and Bali again.
Some cricket and at least one football match thrown in.

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 2842 viewsNoDiddley

Book sales must be going ok

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 08:38 - Sep 22 with 2642 viewsozranger

Hi all,

I won't be heading there, but those who are need to read the following:

https://www.etanewzealand.com/

As with the US and Canada now, NZ will, in the next week or so, commence their own eTA which many will have to get to go to NZ.

New Zealand Cricket Test Matches in November on 14:10 - Oct 16 with 2446 viewsSonofNorfolt

I'm glad you mentioned this as I may not have known.

Also, if anyone who is travelling fancies taking my flag please let me know, I'm travelling as light as possible, underwear discarded everywhere, not just mine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024