Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scowen 20:20 - Oct 5 with 3533 viewsbosh67

Brilliant today. For me, MOTM. Relentless, broke up almost everything, freed the ball time after time for us to go forward. Best I have seen of him for a long time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Scowen on 20:23 - Oct 5 with 3505 viewsNed_Kennedys

I thought he was good too: always involved, always looking for the ball, always eager to work hard for the team.

Still didn't stop the bloke behind me moaning about how useless he was though whenever something didn't come off 100%.

Scowen on 20:28 - Oct 5 with 3462 viewsHunterhoop

Could have been me!

My mates and I all thought he and Cameron were the weak links.

Defensive positioning, tackling and passing all poor in my view.

Scowen on 20:34 - Oct 5 with 3429 viewsbosh67

Really on Scowen? What game were you watching? Scowen missed out on one dual today. He won everything else.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Scowen on 21:13 - Oct 5 with 3289 viewsHastings_Hoops

Thought Cameron played a blinder. Was his defensive sweeping up and switch to attack that led to the second goal - he got roundly acknowledged by the QPR bench during the goal celebration for it.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 21:14]

Scowen on 21:13 - Oct 5 with 3280 viewsHunterhoop

His passing was poor repeatedly and his positioning was suspect hence why they kept having time and space in the middle.

But it’s a game opinions, we’re allowed to disagree.

Scowen on 21:43 - Oct 5 with 3192 viewsE17hoop

Scowen won more tackles than any other player on the pitch today (7) bur only succeeded in 76% of his passes. Does that mean he had a good game or a bad game? Cameron, by comparison, won 2 tackles and 70% pass success rate.

Details here:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1381478/Live/England-Championship-2019-2020-Qu

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Scowen on 11:02 - Oct 6 with 2697 viewssmegma

I thought he started poorly but got better as the game went on. As for MOTM, I think that's OTT. Manning and Rangel didn't put a foot wrong all game while Eze had another blinder. Then there's Chair and Wells. Nakhi was joint top scorer last season with 9, he's on 7 before the clocks go back and Hugill isn't too shabby. Nice to be able to argue about MOTM though.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 11:04]

Scowen on 11:42 - Oct 6 with 2606 viewsoldmisery

That's the same site that scored BOS a 7.7 (third highest). Whoever did that couldn't have been sober. Apart from his (well taken) goal, he was at best average. We were saying at half time that he should have been subbed in favour of Hughill, thus playing two strikers up front and moving Chair wider. And immediately after he scored that's exactly what MW did. And why you would give such a high mark to someone who only played 2/3 of the game is odd - unless, for example, they came on as a sub and scored a hat trick!

Scowen on 11:51 - Oct 6 with 2579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought that Scowen's performance was mixed. He won the ball back well and was needed in the team for that alone. However, he also gave the ball away at least three times in the first half. Then in the second half he helped himself to an assist for BOS's goal.

Overall, a 7.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Scowen on 12:10 - Oct 6 with 2530 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not in a position to say, but I can see he was a key player for us last season who's clearly not been on anything like that form for us this season.

As with Manning last season, that doesn't mean he can't come good if used in the right position and I think we should take any signs of improvement as good news, because if he gets back to his best he could be another very useful player for us for some years to come.

Scowen on 12:11 - Oct 6 with 2526 viewsE17hoop

Don't look at the ratings - drill down through the data and you'll find the heatmaps, pass %. tackles, shots, etc.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Scowen on 12:39 - Oct 6 with 2489 viewspaulparker

Manning was MOM by a country mile yesterday, best left back we have had in a long time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Scowen on 13:37 - Oct 6 with 2386 viewsAntti_Heinola

Got to say I'm closer to Hunter on this one. I thought they way those two allowed Rothwell and Dack to operate in relative freedom was a huge problem for us all game.
But it's a game of opinions!

Bare bones.

Scowen on 13:55 - Oct 6 with 2363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that's a fair point, Antti.

I'd have liked to have seen one of our centre mids dominate the centre, and control possession and/or position. Neither, for all of their endeavour, did that.

Scowen on 14:31 - Oct 6 with 2322 viewskingo

I thought that was a great squad performance yesterday and a managers dream, but if I was forced to give a MoM then it would be to Manning.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Scowen on 16:38 - Oct 6 with 2220 viewssmegma

The Football League paper gave MOTM to Adam Armstrong with 8/10 ??? !!!!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 16:40]

Scowen on 17:03 - Oct 6 with 2165 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My, my, but we’ve come a long way in a very short space of time gentlemen!

Once upon a time, a thread like this would have descended to threats of fatwas and worse, as posters fell over themselves to each describe a sh1thouseary display by a bloke in Hoops. Now it’s a debate of the degree of quality of the performance in an arena of respect for opinions.

God I miss the Hughes/Redknapp years....
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 17:05]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Scowen on 17:55 - Oct 6 with 2109 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shut up, John! :)

Scowen on 18:56 - Oct 6 with 2004 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Shuuut it you schlaaag!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Scowen on 09:26 - Oct 7 with 1789 viewsfrancisbowles

I was impressed with the way that Scowen took the ball from Kelly today and moved it wide quickly and accurately. A big improvement on his previous similar situations.

Scowen on 11:27 - Oct 7 with 1730 viewsrunningman75

I thought their defenders were relieved when BOS came off. Unfortunately one shot which Chair should have taken but passed to BOS went way over the bar. I was saying to someone at half time that BOS could be a Premier league quality player if he could finish. I hope his goal gives him more confidence now.

Scowen on 11:46 - Oct 7 with 1695 viewsngbqpr

...true...tho I nearly shat myself every time he did it!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Scowen on 11:51 - Oct 7 with 1688 viewsRblockPrior

He was brilliant, is a much better player than people give him credit for.

Hard to take some people seriously when they churn out the same rubbish and are so stubborn on their opinions in fear of being proven wrong

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Scowen on 12:46 - Oct 7 with 1601 viewsQPROslo

BOS also provided the headed ball back to Wells for the first, and played tidy football with more control than I remember from him before

Scowen on 15:42 - Oct 7 with 1512 viewsoldmisery

I'm not convinced that he purposely headed the ball back to Wells. Wasn't sure at the time and having seen the replays a few times I'm still not sure that it didn't rebound of the left back. Look, I don't dislike him but think that he often beats his man and then delays his cross (thus wasting a potential scoring opportunity) and as has been evidenced, his shooting leaves a lot to be desired. Far better on Saturday when he shot instinctively rather than having to think about where he wants to put the ball.
And I know we all think of him as a young exciting prospect (which on one hand he is) but he has played almost 140 first team games and started his career in the Championship some five years ago so he is not inexperienced by any means.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024