Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... 14:55 - Oct 7 with 4130 viewsDannyPaddox

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

A few salty selections:

Whitby Town or Gloucester City vs Stourbridge
Southport vs Altrincham
Oxford City vs Margate
Canvey Island or Bowers & Pitsea vs Chichester City
Dartford vs Kingstonian or Weston Super Mare
Weymouth vs Dover Athletic

I wonder if any of this lot can make it through to the 3rd Round Proper in January.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 15:44 - Oct 7 with 2896 viewsqprxtc

Yeah, that’s all we need. Having wind and rain lashed in our face, whilst having our nuts frozen off watching Rangers capitulate to a team of postmen and binmen. And getting charged £40 to sit on some temporary scaffold.🥴
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 15:45]

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 15:48 - Oct 7 with 2881 viewsDannyPaddox

The magic of the cup. I’m in!

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2857 viewshopphoops

I'd quite fancy the Hoops - Oxford City - we've got a shared enemy and we've both been classed as unmanageable by Harry Redknapp.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 16:25 - Oct 7 with 2804 viewsJJB

ANYONE but Dover. If we lost I would have to move, come to think of it, that might not be such a bad thing after all.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 18:49 - Oct 7 with 2666 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are Whitehawk still in it?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 18:54 - Oct 7 with 2658 viewsDannyPaddox

Sadly not. And neither are Concord Rangers - who are, as far as I know, the only team in England named after a beach.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 18:55]

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 18:57 - Oct 7 with 2652 viewscolinallcars

Perhaps we'll coast to a 3-0 victory

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 19:14 - Oct 7 with 2623 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not to be confused with Bon Accord.

Can any Anoraks tell me why they are so famous? No googling...

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 19:21 - Oct 7 with 2609 viewsDannyPaddox

Well I can think of 26 (or is it 36?) reasons.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 19:28 - Oct 7 with 2597 viewscolinallcars

Whilst on the subject, is it true that if you're six feet tall and stand at the waters edge looking out to sea, the horizon is exactly three miles away ?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 19:41 - Oct 7 with 2578 viewsDannyPaddox

Not sure if this is a genuine trivia question or the verse of a Waterboys song.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 19:43]

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 20:19 - Oct 7 with 2528 viewsWren67

Canvey Island please. Worked there on and off in the 8os. Bitterly cold and windy, real brass monkey weather but excellent pub... World's End

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 20:54 - Oct 7 with 2505 viewsDannyPaddox

HT in the 3rd Round Qualifying Round Replay at Evesham.
Gloucester City 0-1 Whitby Town.

Poor old Gloucester haven’t played on their own ground since the great floods of 2007. Also down to 10 men tonight.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 20:57]

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 21:34 - Oct 7 with 2450 viewsGloucs_R

Back next season in their own ground👍

Playing badly tonight though....

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 21:38 - Oct 7 with 2443 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wasn't Posh Spice of the opinion that Peterborough were named after her?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 22:03 - Oct 7 with 2399 viewsDannyPaddox

FT: Gloucester City 1-3 Whitby Town

We’re you at the game? I followed the updates. Sounded like a thrilling Cup Tie. Decent support. GCFC had a lot of injuries but put up a good fight. Fantastic news that they’ll be returning to their stadium.

Well done Whitby Town. Fish and Chips in January and xtc’s nightmare scenario is still alive.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 22:25 - Oct 7 with 2370 viewsGloucs_R

No, they play 25 miles away so it's not even local at the moment. I'm looking forward to see them come home. They've lost an entire generation after the floods, no idea how they've managed to survive without getting relegated.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 23:15 - Oct 8 with 2104 viewssmegma

The mighty Stones beat BMF 4-0 tonight and face Maidenhead away next round.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 23:43 - Oct 8 with 2088 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, I googled BMF.

Now I know that you are talking about one of the following:-

Blazer Midget Football
Bristol Manor Farm
Brevet de Monieteur de Football
Black Mafia Family
Builders Merchant Foundation

Then, I thought look up who Wealdstone played tonight....

Got it...

Wealdstone 4 British Motorcycling Club 0

I would have had that down as a 2-1.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 23:57 - Oct 8 with 2078 viewsDannyPaddox

My first thought was Wealdstone 4-0 BMF. That’s unbelievable! Then I remembered. That’s EMF.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 00:27 - Oct 9 with 2070 viewssmegma

They're from Bristol.

One of their fans was dressed as Worzel Gummidge.

As you do.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 00:43 - Oct 9 with 2066 viewsBoston

I'd have gone for 750cc myself.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 00:45 - Oct 9 with 2065 viewsBoston

They all dress like tramps out there.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 08:25 - Oct 9 with 2027 viewsqpr1976

12th September 1885 Biggest victory.
Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0

That I knew, however, delve deeper.

Could have been 41-0 but 5 goals disallowed.
But on the same day, in the same Cup, just 18 miles away,
Dundee Harp 35 Aberdeen Rovers 0, although Ref noted 37-0, the Dundee club secretary suggested a counting error and they agreed it should be 35, not 37. Secretary, Players & Fans were happy as they’d just set a new World record for the highest vict......then news came in from Arbroath..... 😂⚽️

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ... on 08:38 - Oct 9 with 2018 viewsenfieldargh

yes it was 36-0 and more importantly no goal nets!!!

I've never forgotten that from my GBoR'ds

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024