Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 08:50 - Oct 9 with 471 viewsROTTWEILERS

Does his trial start today? All seems quiet on that front.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Joey Barton on 14:50 - Oct 9 with 454 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Should be.

#freetheintellectual

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Joey Barton on 17:52 - Oct 9 with 436 viewsspell_chekker

I lost track of it / interest in it when the police took such a long time to press charges.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Joey Barton on 17:59 - Oct 11 with 413 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Here you go Rotts

Joey Barton, manager of Fleetwood Town, will stand trial after pleading not guilty to a charge of assaulting Daniel Stendel, his Barnsley counterpart, when the teams met in League One last season.

Barton, 37, is alleged to have pushed Stendel from behind, leaving the German needing emergency dental treatment after banging his face on the metal framework of the tunnel at Oakwell.

Barnsley made formal complaints to the English Football League and the Football Association after the incident, which came directly after a 4-2 win for Barnsley on 13 April. Stendel left the club earlier this week after a run of disappointing results.

Barton appeared at Barnsley magistrates’ court and denied a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He was given unconditional bail and will appear at Sheffield crown court next month for a hearing to prepare for a trial.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/09/joey-barton-pleads-not-guilty-to

Also spotted this....

Joey Barton has won his first manager of the month award after leading Fleetwood Town to 10 points from four games in September in League One.

The award comes two days after Barton pleaded not guilty to assaulting former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel.

"For me the most important thing is to make sure that we're lifting silverware at the end of the season," Barton said.

Nottingham Forest's Sabri Lamouchi won the Championship award and Cheltenham's Michael Duff won in League Two.

Barton took over as Fleetwood manager in June 2018 and has led the Cod Army to 24 wins and 18 draws in his 68 games in charge.

"It's a unique football club to work at and we've just got to keep this momentum now, keep doing what we're doing," Barton told the Fleetwood Town website.

"Everybody feels they have a role to play, from kitchen staff to the people who do the grass to the laundry women, so it's a real unique club at the moment.

"The culture's fantastic and awards give us some outside vindication of the job that all of us are doing at Fleetwood Town."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50011983

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Joey Barton on 18:56 - Oct 13 with 396 viewsspell_chekker

Let's all bookmark this thread in order to follow it next month.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Joey Barton on 19:30 - Oct 13 with 390 viewsLala

I’m afraid my head says guilty already with his previous thuggish record.

Let’s hope justice is served however this pans out.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Joey Barton on 20:32 - Oct 13 with 388 viewsspell_chekker

I'm not sure that it's your head that says guilty Lala.

It was my understanding that the tough guy made an unprovoked attaack from behind and battered the other manager, knocking two of his teeth out.

Personally, in a fair fight, I would do my best to defend myself but as far as I know, Barton didn't allow that option.

The club chairman should have given him his P45 long ago.

I certainly hope that Simon Sadler would.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 20:34]

Joey Barton on 20:36 - Oct 13 with 379 viewsROTTWEILERS

Comments on the dark side suggest a patsy will take the blame. They are leaving it late of so.

Joey Barton on 20:39 - Oct 13 with 377 viewsLala

Totally agree Spell. Unless the facts have been twisted then the guy needs to be shown the door and given a permanent swerve when it comes to any future management vacancies. No time for violent bullies at all.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Joey Barton on 20:42 - Oct 13 with 375 viewsspell_chekker

The thing that bugged me:

It was obvious what had happened.

In a confined space.

With lots of witnesses.

HOWEVER, it's taken such a long time. Firstly for Barton to be accused and secondly for it to come to trial.

In similar circumstances I'd hope that a decent club owner would at least put his employee on gardening leave.

Joey Barton on 13:33 - Nov 6 with 341 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fleetwood Town manager Joey Barton will go on trial next year accused of assaulting former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel following a match last season.

Barton, 37, is alleged to have pushed Stendel at Barnsley's Oakwell Stadium on 13 April this year, leaving him with a damaged tooth.

He pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Sheffield Crown Court on Wednesday.

A provisional trial date for the former England player was set for 1 June.

Barnsley made formal complaints to the English Football League and the Football Association after the incident, which followed the Tykes' 4-2 win over Fleetwood in a League One fixture.

Stendel guided Barnsley to promotion last season but left his position with the club early last month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50315993

Joey Barton on 15:53 - Nov 6 with 331 viewsspell_chekker

June next year, ridiculous.

Joey Barton on 21:55 - Feb 13 with 280 viewsspell_chekker

Joey Barton on 21:56 - Feb 13 with 278 viewsspell_chekker

Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town boss charged by FA over alleged improper language

Fleetwood Town boss Joey Barton has been charged by the Football Association for allegedly using abusive language towards a match official.

Barton was sent off in the 94th minute of their League One victory against Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday.

It is the second time this season that Barton has been charged with using improper language, having received a one-game touchline ban in December.

He has until Monday, 17 February to respond to the charge.

Barton told BBC Radio Lancashire following the match: "I spoke to the referee about why I was sent off. He told me why. It's incorrect and we'll wait for the match report and speak to the FA.

"Usually if I've been in the wrong I hold my hands up. On this occasion I think the fourth official's made a mistake. He thinks he's heard something directed towards the referee which I'm telling him didn't happen.

"It is what it is, the main thing is that we won the game."

Former Manchester City, Newcastle, QPR and Burnley midfielder Barton has been in charge of Fleetwood since the summer of 2018.

Joey Barton on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 273 viewsROTTWEILERS

It's all gone downhill since Larry's tactical masterclass vs Joey

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024