Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International Breaks 10:33 - Oct 14 with 1249 viewsDorse

I don't like them. The football ones, I mean, not the holidays which are pretty cool.

International teams are alright but I find I just can't get worked up about qualification campaigns in groups where we are always drawn against:
* 1 half decent team
* Lower Slobovia
* Glorious Republic of Kremlinistan
* Melchester Rovers
* St Winifred's Primary Second XI

No wonder our recent U23 game against Charlton got mosre discussion than Engerland's recent outing.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

International Breaks on 10:40 - Oct 14 with 1230 viewsstevec

Scotland would kill for that group.

International Breaks on 10:48 - Oct 14 with 1210 viewsLongsufferingR

Still wouldn't qualify though

International Breaks on 10:58 - Oct 14 with 1184 viewsaston_hoop

Under the new European Championship rules where every country has to qualify for the main tournament, they still have some way of qualifying apparently. Scotland that is.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

International Breaks on 11:50 - Oct 14 with 1108 viewsstevec

It is amazing really, you do wonder why they bother with qualifying any more, just have an 8 week tournament of 64 teams and invite every fcker along.

International Breaks on 12:11 - Oct 14 with 1088 viewsrunningman75

I hate them if we have a result such as the Blackburn game when we have momentum and I enjoy league football. I personally find international qualifiers boring though pleased England lost as the team tend to easily qualify for tournaments and then get outplayed by bigger teams.

International Breaks on 12:18 - Oct 14 with 1071 viewsClive_Anderson

I've been boring people about this for years.

Play the qualifiers for the Euros and World Cup as a mini tournament at the end of the season in the years between the final tournaments.

Would be great to have a summer in France or Spain with loads of qualifiers to watch. You could actually get into it properly.

International Breaks on 13:12 - Oct 14 with 1011 viewsSnipper

A great idea in theory, but the international players would never get a summer break.

International Breaks on 13:15 - Oct 14 with 994 viewsClive_Anderson

Well they'd play the same games in the season, just all the international games would be at the end rather than all the way through. So the domestic season could finish earlier.

Also as it's a tournament there's less games as it's not the home and away format.

International Breaks on 13:50 - Oct 14 with 968 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love international summer tournaments.
Could not give a flying toss about qualifiers. 2 weeks of utter drudgery, making my drudgey life even more drudgery. Drudge.

Bare bones.

International Breaks on 14:04 - Oct 14 with 952 viewsBoston

Love them myself, particularly those that include kippers, pardon....er sorry, thought you said international breakfasts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

International Breaks on 14:05 - Oct 14 with 953 viewspaulparker

I p1ssed off to Dublin for the weekend and the naitives there couldn’t of given a rats arse about qualification there were about 4 people in the pub Saturday watching the game
As long as they get there Liverpool and Man Utd games then the are happy as sand boys

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

International Breaks on 08:42 - Oct 15 with 794 viewstoboboly

This. You gain the time by saving the weeks in the season. Would allow less midweek games and longer rest between games as well.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

International Breaks on 09:20 - Oct 15 with 755 viewsfrancisbowles

Mixed feelings about the breaks, miss my Rrrrs but have been using at least one of them for an overseas break myself without having to miss games.

There are too many (three) grouped together in the autumn and then one late March, which, I think I remember, has led to no Easter fixtures. They should be more spread out and used as an opportunity for cup matches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024