Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting lively in Canning Town 08:11 - Oct 17 with 13434 viewsstevec

Excellent Rebellion

Getting lively in Canning Town on 08:24 - Oct 17 with 6096 viewshubble

Londoners have had enough!

[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 8:24]

Getting lively in Canning Town on 08:49 - Oct 17 with 6026 viewsmikeygunn

Surely public transport is a good thing for the environment? Don't get it.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:14 - Oct 17 with 5956 viewsingeminate

Suppose they are mainly trying to cause fuss wherever to highlight the cause. Looks like a sure fire way of alienating public to me - even more so than the other protests which at least you knew about in advance so could factor in.

Gutsy to take on a rush hour mob at Canning Town. Atmosphere looked febrile.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:25 - Oct 17 with 5922 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I sympathise with the cause but disrupting your normal punter will win no friends/support.

That video cheered me up no end this morning to be honest.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:32 - Oct 17 with 5893 views2Thomas2Bowles

Some bloke on the BBC this morning said he had been attacked kicked and beaten on the floor for just filming it as a journalist after being accused of being one of them which he denied...

Shortly after you could see him in a video, standing above the platform looking down on the situation as it was ongoing...

Not saying he is a liar but he is a liar.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:36 - Oct 17 with 5885 viewswood_hoop

Pretty slow getting round the centre of town at the best of times so blocking the streets not really that great an idea, plus underground system pretty good alternative if roads are blocked and buses on a go slow.

So brainless leaders of ER decide to try and effect those who need our underground system the most, think they found that the brothers and sisters of ordinary people a bit more likely to take the law into their own hands rather than wait for the boys in blue.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:36 - Oct 17 with 5884 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrr...
So it be unemployed tryin' to stop der employed gettin' to work an' pay fer their benny?
Doan make sense.

Yo Ho!

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:49 - Oct 17 with 5838 viewsstevec

Too right, they'd have been stuck there about 10 days waiting for the boys in blue to do something.

Funny how they turn up pronto when the tables got turned. All we need now is Sadiq to condemn the public for sorting it out.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 10:10 - Oct 17 with 5760 viewsStanisgod

Start the train moving, the tw@t will soon move.
Amazes me how they've got so much time on their hands.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 10:24 - Oct 17 with 5715 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

What if that was Greta Thunburg on the roof of the train and not a middle aged white man?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 10:32 - Oct 17 with 5693 viewsKonk

I generally have a lot of respect for climate activists, who get off their ars es to try and bring about change, rather than just moan. However, I do think this was a pretty poorly conceived idea. People trying to get to work via public transport, early in the morning, don't strike me as the right people to be inconveniencing. Counter-productive and completely alienates a large part of the population. And it might have gone down better in East Finchley or somewhere rather than Canning Town. No issue with getting the fella off the roof, but bang out of order to then start laying into him.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Getting lively in Canning Town on 10:42 - Oct 17 with 5656 viewspaulparker

Sorry he deserves a slap and some
These idiots bring misery to peoples lives what about the prats who closed a motorway resulting in a fella missing his dad on his death bed
What about the people who had important issues at hand, meetings, holidays, connecting trains , hospital appointments, job interviews ?
If the old bill stopped skateboarding with these gimps then maybe it wouldn’t need the general public to step in and do there job for them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Getting lively in Canning Town on 10:48 - Oct 17 with 5640 viewsGroveR

I doubt it mate, the tube is a great leveller. You would even expect a bit of a shoeing at Parsons Green (albeit one governed by Queensbury rules).

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:20 - Oct 17 with 5507 viewskensalriser

Yes, here's Khan condemning the public:

Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, said: “I strongly condemn the Extinction Rebellion protesters who have targeted the London Underground and DLR this morning. This illegal action is extremely dangerous, counterproductive and is causing unacceptable disruption to Londoners who use public transport to get to work."

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:25 - Oct 17 with 5486 viewsGloryHunter

Yes, stupid choice of location - manual workers on their way to earn a crust. Should've done it at Kensington - they all voted Green and would have given them a polite round of applause

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:26 - Oct 17 with 5481 viewsRangersDave

Sorry but the guy on the roof tried to kick the guy coming to fetch him, in the head.

the crowd , seeing a violent man, and fearing for their collective safety merely went into self protection mode for fear of this guy getting up and lashing out at them.

Nothing to see here, move along the train.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 11:27]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:30 - Oct 17 with 5471 viewsGloryHunter

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:30 - Oct 17 with 5469 viewsstevec

Yeah, he's watched the video, heard the overwhelming reaction from the general public and said the right thing for once.

Give it a couple of days, once it's calmed down, and you'll probably find he'll praise the police for arresting joe public who intervened when they'd rather have just been getting on their way to work.

Guarantee the guy who took a kick but eventually dragged that bloke off the roof of the train will get a far harder punishment than anyone from XR.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:36 - Oct 17 with 5437 viewsDavieQPR

The big question is: How did the protesters all get to Canning Town. I did not see hundreds of bicycles so they must have used public transport.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:38 - Oct 17 with 5430 viewsRangersDave

Oh bugger, just realised QPR will get fined 10 points for this.

Damn do gooders, how dare you. lol

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 11:43 - Oct 17 with 5412 viewsRangersDave

The video of the woman farty gluing herself to the train outer doors, has someone ask her if she got to the station by car... she answers 'no, by train'!

Getting lively in Canning Town on 12:10 - Oct 17 with 5322 viewsDraytonR

a load of lazy kunts without jobs preventing hard working people getting to their jobs and leaving a fcking mess behind them.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 12:15 - Oct 17 with 5298 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

At the risk of breaking the nice Daily Mail comments section vibe going on here, £900m of TfL subsidy cuts have and will disrupted the average London commute a lot worse than a handful of climate change protesters will.

That said, it’s a bit silly to get in the way of several hundred Polish brickies. Wrong target and wrong place.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 12:25 - Oct 17 with 5250 views2Thomas2Bowles

Those pesky Europeans beating up UK citizens, I was told they are all nice none violent types.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting lively in Canning Town on 12:30 - Oct 17 with 5214 views1MoreBrightonR

Unlike most people on here, i actually agree with their cause and think they should be disrupting people...thats half the point of a protest...BUT this was a really stupid target.

Targeting a tube train, which is a very environmentally friendly method of transport, because it carries people to the financial district which they claim is central to climate change is a bit of a stretch, especially given the train goes through half of east London and picks up loads of non city workers...ie the Polish builders mentioned in a previous post. Its a stupid PR move and a badly thought out. You get the feeling that someone from outside london saud "yeah, lots get those bankers on their way to work" but with no idea of how Londoners feel about the tube and what the tube line really is about.

One question...how the hell did they get a ladder down there :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024