Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brexit fun bus 14:31 - Oct 17 with 687 viewsROTTWEILERS

...is back in town. Love it!

Farage mobilising against the Tories. The DUP about to "reluctantly" agree to a deal which goes against their core values but one that would see them enjoy EU benefits long after leaving (along with a healthy bung for agreeing). Corbyn his usual ineffective self.

Never a dull moment.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The Brexit fun bus on 15:23 - Oct 17 with 469 viewsspudgun

Yep, the gift that keeps on giving.

If it wasn`t for the fact we have spaffed nearly £60 billion up the wall it would be funny.

Still lots of fun to come though, with ladders to descend and Machiavellian U turns aplenty I suspect. A long dark teatime of the soul for many MPs too as they consider their future employment prospects.

My favourite is the interviews with `the Spartans` and their slavish devotion to their own bizarre cultish version of Brexit. These fellas aren't even on nodding terms with reality.

Hair shirts, cilices and a diet of turnips for those guys...

The Brexit fun bus on 15:44 - Oct 17 with 465 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

So the new deal is the May's deal, but with the border down the Irish Sea?

The DUP have just been thrown under a very large bus.

Quite happy that we're not playing Saturday now, could be quite entertaining watching Bojo and others explain how this is actually an improvement on May's deal.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Brexit fun bus on 15:51 - Oct 17 with 459 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Brexit fun bus on 15:56 - Oct 17 with 458 viewsspudgun

I think there are a few differences from May`s deal (according to the analysts), but it is getting a little convoluted for me at the moment!

Yep, the DUP have been thrown under a very large (bendy) bus; he was always likely to from the moment he proclaimed that "no Conservative PM would put a border down the Irish sea". It`s what he does best. Lying.

The DUP like to say "no" don`t they? It is their default position - they could ruin a Led Zep reunion!

And it gets worse for them next week as the new NI abortion legislation drags them two centuries forward. Couldn`t happen to a nicer bunch of bigots.

Not much left for them now they have lost a big chunk of their `Britishness` - what else defines them? They will need a Rees-Mogg sized ladder if they intend to climb down on this....

The Brexit fun bus on 16:25 - Oct 17 with 452 viewsLala

So only had a quick skim guys. Is this likely to get through parliament?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The Brexit fun bus on 16:26 - Oct 17 with 450 viewsROTTWEILERS

Highly doubtful

The Brexit fun bus on 16:57 - Oct 17 with 445 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'd say 50/50 at the moment.

If an amendment is put forward requiring it has to be put to a 2nd ref, then that you'd think should pass.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 16:58]

The Brexit fun bus on 17:21 - Oct 17 with 437 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Unless a fair few Labour MP's defy the Party Whip, I don't see BJ getting enough votes.

I don't think it would phase him unduly if he lost. Especially if he can say to the public, this is all down to Corbyn, Sturgeon and Foster. Me and my Party tried to give you what you asked for....

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

The Brexit fun bus on 19:23 - Oct 17 with 421 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Missed Jo Swinson off your list there.

Sort of agree with what you say about how Bojo might spin it, however the wild card could be Farage, and he's not happy with the deal either.

If I was in either the SNP or Plaid Cymru I'd be pushing the idea that we're seeing the true face of one nation Conservatism, England only.

Really think the UK could break up over this and that would be very messy.

The Brexit fun bus on 19:35 - Oct 17 with 416 viewsspell_chekker

It may be messy but as far as I can see.

Scotland and Wales would prefer to remain in the EU and they should be allowed to do so.

NI is a different question and I'm not qualified to comment on it other that to say we certainly don't any casualties.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Brexit fun bus on 19:38 - Oct 17 with 413 viewsspell_chekker

I the end, the democracy, or will of the people, is that England gets out of the EU, and quick. As the democratic vote decided.

Scotland and Wales separate from England and stay part of the EU.

That was the democratic vote, or not?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Brexit fun bus on 19:39 - Oct 17 with 411 viewsspell_chekker

THE BREXIT THREAD by spell_chekker 17 Oct 2019 18:41
In 2 weeks today at midnight the deed will be done. Perhaps.

Will Boris stick to his principles, as he promised, and fall on his sword if his deal isn't accepted?

Will JC, and that's not the son of god, get his way and have a second general election.

http://forexillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/brexit-jokes-negotiation.jpg

The Brexit fun bus on 19:56 - Oct 17 with 402 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

England and Wales voted to leave the EU, Scotland and Northern Ireland (and Gibraltar) voted to stay.

This Island is too small to have border posts and crossing points every few miles, something they worked out in the 18th century.

The Brexit fun bus on 17:47 - Oct 18 with 382 viewsROTTWEILERS

The Brexit fun bus on 19:33 - Oct 18 with 375 viewsspell_chekker

There's no match tomorrow but there is the Brexit vote!!!!!!!!!!

The Brexit fun bus on 19:59 - Oct 18 with 370 viewsROTTWEILERS

The Guardian: Brexit 'super Saturday': your guide to the big day.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/18/brexit-super-saturday-will-the-

The Brexit fun bus on 14:00 - Oct 19 with 356 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Brexit fun bus on 15:03 - Oct 19 with 345 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Oops, toys out of the pram...

The Brexit fun bus on 10:34 - Oct 20 with 335 viewsLala

I’m only vaguely keeping up until we have some progress either way. I voted remain but I’m totally sick of this limbo and lack of progress.

The Brexit fun bus on 12:03 - Oct 20 with 330 viewsImperial

It's dirty tricks time. At least some MPs are finally admitting they want to remain and will do anything to achieve it.

I do.not agree with their tactics but at least for the first time in 3 years they are being honest.

The Brexit fun bus on 12:48 - Oct 20 with 319 viewsspudgun

Agree with Letwin`s bill; this needs further scrutiny - this (and the previous) government has done everything possible to avoid scrutiny over Brexit and have been the authors of their own problems in part.

Whilst I agree we probably need to agree to a deal for the sake of our sanity, moving all the workers and environmental protection stuff out of the legal agreement needs looking at closely. It`s not good enough of the government to say: "you`ll have to trust us" - as Stephen Barclay answered when questioned about it.

Johnson is demeaning the office of PM with his petulance and disingenuity ...

The Brexit fun bus on 13:06 - Oct 20 with 313 viewsImperial

Good sounding word "disingenuity". I will have to google it.

The Brexit fun bus on 13:15 - Oct 20 with 310 viewsImperial

Yep agree with you Spud.

The Brexit fun bus on 13:16 - Oct 20 with 310 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Agree with most of that Spud. Think the removal of certain parts of the legal agreement added to the fact Ministers were given "Henry VIII" powers a few months back to almost pick and choose which bits of legislation stay on the books is worrying.

Think the knock on effect of this on Scotland, Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK will be massive.

Sadly Lala, if you think this is the end of Brexit you're in for a shock. This is really only the start of the process, at least another two years of trying to negotiate all the deals with EU. (Trade, Finance, Defence, Fishing, Science etc...... list is endless).
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 13:18]

The Brexit fun bus on 13:33 - Oct 20 with 300 viewsLala

Yep, I appreciate it’s going to be a few years if not longer till we reestablish any kind of post Brexit stability.

I do believe in democracy and sticking by the people’s vote though, so the sooner we make reasonable and fair progress the better in my eyes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024