Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Delfouneso 06:35 - Oct 18 with 112 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nathan Delfouneso is hoping to rediscover his early-season form for Blackpool after two injury hiccups disrupted his season.

The forward was handed his first start since August at Carlisle on Tuesday, three days after making his long-awaited comeback off the bench in the home defeat to Rotherham United.

Delfouneso had missed five games after suffering a second hamstring injury of the season at Coventry City last month.

The 28-year-old had earlier been sidelined for three games after picking up a knock in the 2-2 draw at Gillingham in August.

But after playing an hour of the EFL Trophy defeat at Carlisle United in midweek, Delfouneso feels he’s now back to full fitness.

“I feel good,” he told The Gazette. “On a personal note, it felt good to get some minutes into me and I now feel fit and strong.

“Ask anyone around the club and they will vouch for how gutted I was after suffering the injury.

“I’m not used to missing games and it was especially frustrating getting back to fitness only to get another injury.

“I’d like to think I’m strong mentally but it probably took its toll on me when you’ve got things going on.

“When you’ve got an injury, all you want to do is get back playing.

“But thankfully I have some special people around me who helped me through the frustrating time, so I can only thank them.

“Now I’m just looking forward to picking up where I left off and hopefully I can help the team to move forward.”

When Delfouneso suffered his second strain, many assumed he had been rushed back from his initial injury too early.

But the latest problem appeared in a different part of his hamstring, making Delfouneso the victim of a cruel piece of misfortune.

He added: “That made it even more frustrating as I injured a different part of my hamstring.

“The fact I got a completely different injury only added to my frustration.

“I guess it’s all part and parcel of the game but hopefully I’ve put it all behind me, and I can pick up where I left off and go on a strong run again.

“It wasn’t the case that I was rushed back too soon — I felt good.

“I was flying in training and I had hit every marker I needed to.

“I just got completely unlucky, that’s the only thing you can put it down to.

“It was the same leg, just a different part of the hamstring.

“But I’ve worked hard with the physio and hopefully it’s all good now.”

Delfouneso, who had started the season in bright form alongside Sullay Kaikai, added: “The injuries are especially frustrating considering how well I had done at the start of the season.

“When you’re in a good moment, the last thing you want is to pick up an injury.

“I felt I initially came back at a good time as I hadn’t missed too much game-time, so I felt I was good to go and get back to where I was before.

“Unfortunately I got knocked down again but I’ve managed to pick myself up.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/nathan-delfouneso

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Nathan Delfouneso on 11:55 - Oct 18 with 96 viewsspell_chekker

It's got to be a positive to have Delfounseo back and firing on all cylinders.

We need him to develop his understanding with Kaikai.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Nathan Delfouneso on 13:37 - Oct 18 with 88 viewsROTTWEILERS

Yeah, we've missed him

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Nathan Delfouneso on 08:36 - Oct 21 with 84 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nathan Delfouneso is hoping the imminent return of Sullay Kaikai will see Blackpool’s dynamic duo wreak havoc once again.

Pool boss Simon Grayson hopes Kaikai will be fit enough for the Seasiders’ return to league action against Wycombe Wanderers tomorrow night.

The winger has missed the last three league games with a hamstring injury he suffered in training before the 2-1 win against Lincoln City.

Delfouneso has also been missing with a hamstring strain, but the forward has recently returned and featured in both of Pool’s last two games.

“I’d like to think we’ve both been missed,” Delfouneso told The Gazette.

“I really enjoy playing with him because we seem to have this combination and connection when we’re on the pitch where we just seem to find each other.

“We complement each other very well and hopefully we can get back to that as soon as possible. Whether that’s the next game, that’s down to the gaffer.

“All we can do is get back as soon as possible and be an attacking threat just as we were at the start of the season.

“I thought we were very effective and I think we helped the team with how we were playing.”

The Seasiders’ game against Wycombe on Tuesday comes after a free weekend for Grayson’s men, who were scheduled to take on Bury who have since been removed from the EFL.

Delfouneso, who had missed five games after suffering his second hamstring injury of the season at Coventry City last month, said having no game at the weekend came at the worst time for him on a personal level.

“I just want to keep playing, so it’s a bit frustrating not having a game this weekend,” the 28-year-old admitted.

“I feel as though I have a lot of making up to do as I’ve missed quite a few games, especially for me.

“I’m looking forward to getting back on the pitch again just to feel useful again. I’ve felt a bit useless.

“I’ve got some special people that have helped me through some tough times, but hopefully I can move forward and look to some happier times ahead.”

Blackpool will have to be at their best on Tuesday night if they’re to turn around their recent mixed fortunes against a Wycombe side who currently sit in second place in League One.

“They’ve done very well this season,” Delfouneso said.

“I know there’s been a bit of uncertainty surrounding the manager at the minute but they’re still producing the goods on the pitch at the minute, so fair play to them.

“They’ve always been a tough team to play against and they’re flying high at the minute, so they will be full of confidence.

“We’ve got to make sure we play well to give ourselves a chance of getting a result.

“But we know we’re capable of getting three points against any side in this league, so that’s what we’re going to try and do.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-s-natha

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024