Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield 20:00 - Oct 19 with 250 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Tim Fielding has told The Gazette he considers his job “well done” after relinquishing his role as advisor to the Blackpool board.

The appointment of Ben Mansford as the club’s new chief executive saw Fielding and Ian Currie step aside.

The duo were initially brought in when Blackpool was placed into receivership and went on to play a leading role in getting the club back on its feet.

Fielding came in as a non-executive director in February before later becoming an advisor to the board to assist with Simon Sadler’s transition period as owner.

“The writing has been on the wall for a while really.” Fielding told The Gazette about his departure.

“I had a very central role under the interim board, but as the ship has steadied, people have been recruited into these roles.

“Brett Gerrity has come onto the board with Simon which was sort of the role I was doing originally, so the role I had became redundant really.

“I just felt when Ben Hatton stepped down, it was really time for me to step aside as well with the new people that were coming in.

“I had a chat with Simon and it was agreed, that when he was in a position to announce the new CEO, I would stand down at the same time.

“It’s all been done very amicably and we can all look back on a job well done.”

Fielding added: “I’m really, really glad I did it.

“I have a day job as well so I had to rely on a certain amount of flexibility in the early period to allow me to do it.

“Not many people have that flexibility to take on a task like this and deliver it.

“But I was keen to do it and the company I work for know how much hard work I had put in over the previous five and six years.

“It was always on the basis that it was short-term until we got everything over the line, so I knew I would take a step back when the new owner came in.

“Since Simon arrived, my role has diminished almost to the point where it became a titular role.

“Sometimes he would ring me up and ask for my advice on things, and that may well continue. I told him I’m always here should he need a second opinion.

“But I think it’s time for him, Brett, Ben and Linton (Brown) to get on with it, just as we did back in February to do what we did for that three or four-month period.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/former-blackpool-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield on 20:17 - Oct 19 with 245 viewsLala

Well done Tim 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield on 06:48 - Oct 20 with 231 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield on 06:51 - Oct 20 with 228 viewsspell_chekker

What's the fan pqrticipation at the club going to be now?

The club has certain obligations, the SLO being one, to interract with fans.

The Oystons set up the FPG to fulfill this resposability and had meetings with them from time to time. Etc. I can't remember exactly what the FPG did.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield on 09:26 - Oct 20 with 222 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm sure levels of fan engagement will increase, if anything. I have my doubts about how formalised or embedded they will be, as I suspect it is a relatively low priority area for the Board.

The FPG were a fig leaf and no more ; one of the single most disappointing things about "the end of days" was that the FPG was a perfectly good idea - had it been done properly and honestly, which it wasn't.

By contrast, I think Steve Rowland's role matters a great deal.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 9:32]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield on 10:30 - Oct 20 with 208 viewsLala

Totally agree that that FPG, if applied genuinely, was a really good idea.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Former Blackpool advisor Tim Fielding reflects on a job well done at Bloomfield on 19:39 - Oct 20 with 200 viewsspell_chekker

I agree that the SLO role is vital (and we have the right guy for it) and that the FPG was a good idea but was done badly and at the wrong time.

It's unusual, isn't it?

We go from one owner to another an the swing faith goes from one extreme to another.

I've got a complete trust in Sadler's intentions for BFC and conversely, the need for a strong fans' presence is on the back burner.

If only this status quo was eternal!!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024