Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst possible draw 16:00 - Dec 2 with 403 viewsROTTWEILERS

For me - maybe Burnley away. Horrible, unglamorous place where we never, EVER get a result.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Worst possible draw on 20:06 - Dec 2 with 386 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The one we just got. On the plus side maybe someone can give Charlie a lift to the ground?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Worst possible draw on 20:07 - Dec 2 with 383 viewsROTTWEILERS

Yes, I take my op back

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Worst possible draw on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 381 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

On the plus side, they look a poor team this season, should have a chance of getting some sort of result especially IF they stick out their rezzies.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Worst possible draw on 22:38 - Dec 2 with 370 viewsspell_chekker

Exactly Red.

We'd even be able to call it a 'scalp' if we win.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Worst possible draw on 23:08 - Dec 2 with 368 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Spell.

That's me desperately trying to find a positive out of it, still a really rubbish draw.

Someone's happy.....

Worst possible draw on 10:59 - Dec 3 with 357 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Adam delivers excitable Reading fixture verdict

Charlie Adam has stated that Reading’s 3rd round FA Cup match with Blackpool is the ‘perfect tie’ for himself.

The midfielder was an integral part to some of the best years of Blackpool’s most recent history. He was captain of the side during the season that they earned promotion and scored during their play-off final victory over Cardiff at Wembley.

In the Premier League he was immense for the Tangerines and was nominated for the PFA Players’ Player of the year award despite Blackpool being relegated on the final day. His star performances earned him a move to one of the biggest clubs in England; Liverpool.

He will have many fond memories of his time at Blackpool, and due to never having played against the side in his career it will be an opportunity for the Tangerines supporters to give him a reception that he deserves.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Adam said: “It is the perfect tie for me, I am delighted.

“I have not been able to play against Blackpool and I am buzzing. I’m like a school kid, it’s great for everybody and it’s great for the club.

Charlie Adam has stated that Reading’s 3rd round FA Cup match with Blackpool is the ‘perfect tie’ for himself.

The midfielder was an integral part to some of the best years of Blackpool’s most recent history. He was captain of the side during the season that they earned promotion and scored during their play-off final victory over Cardiff at Wembley.

In the Premier League he was immense for the Tangerines and was nominated for the PFA Players’ Player of the year award despite Blackpool being relegated on the final day. His star performances earned him a move to one of the biggest clubs in England; Liverpool.

He will have many fond memories of his time at Blackpool, and due to never having played against the side in his career it will be an opportunity for the Tangerines supporters to give him a reception that he deserves.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Adam said: “It is the perfect tie for me, I am delighted.

“I have not been able to play against Blackpool and I am buzzing. I’m like a school kid, it’s great for everybody and it’s great for the club.

“This is what the FA Cup does for you, especially when you have such great memories.”

The Verdict

It’s the perfect tie for Adam and one that gives the game a side story that it needed in truth. For many supporters of both sides, it isn’t the most thrilling of ties, but Reading fans will know that it gives them a good opportunity of progressing.

Adam had a great spell for Blackpool and it looked like he really enjoyed his time at the club which is always nice to see.

“This is what the FA Cup does for you, especially when you have such great memories.”

Can you get 100% in this Reading quiz? Have a go now!
1 of 15

Who is Danny Guthrie currently playing for?

The Verdict

It’s the perfect tie for Adam and one that gives the game a side story that it needed in truth. For many supporters of both sides, it isn’t the most thrilling of ties, but Reading fans will know that it gives them a good opportunity of progressing.

Adam had a great spell for Blackpool and it looked like he really enjoyed his time at the club which is always nice to see.

The midfielder will be relishing the chance to get out there and play this game, but most focus on Reading’s next pivotal month.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 11:00]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Worst possible draw on 15:50 - Dec 3 with 340 viewsspell_chekker

In profile: Blackpool

A look at our FA Cup Third Round opponents

Following Monday night's FA Cup Third Round draw, we take a look at our opponents at the start of January - with League One Blackpool set to come to Madejski Stadium.

The draw was made at the Etihad Stadium on Monday, and is one of the blue riband events of the domestic football calendar.

It will also be a particularly fond occasion for Reading midfielder Charlie Adam, who helped Blackpool to promotion to the Premier League in the 2009-10 season, and is still very highly regarded at Bloomfield Road.

Adam spoke of his delight at the draw as it happened, when he appeared on BBC Radio 5 Live on Monday night.

"It's the perfect tie for me, I'm delighted," he smiled. "It's a great opportunity because I've never been able to play against Blackpool, so I'm buzzing.

"I'm like a school kid, it's great for everybody at the club. It's what the FA Cup does to you, especially when you've got such good memories.”

The last decade for Blackpool has been a rollercoaster affair to say the least, though. After their Premier League campaign back in the 2010-11 campaign, the Tangerines threatened to get back to the top flight with two consecutive runs to the Play-Offs.

However, the start of the 2014-15 season saw the departure of 27 players and a crisis at Bloomfield Road, with the club subsequently relegated from the Championship with just 26 points.

That season saw the last meetings between the teams, with Reading comfortably winning 3-0 at Madejski Stadium back in October 2014.

The dive in league standings continued the following year, with the Tangerines going down to League Two after just one season in League One, but bounced straight back at the first attempt, courtesy of a Play-Off victory over Exeter City at Wembley.

This season has seen Blackpool overcome their long-running off-field issues, with the club being taken over in the summer and the appointment of Simon Grayson as manager for a second spell at Bloomfield Road.

Since then, supporters have returned to Blackpool and the Seasiders are going well in League One this season. They are currently on a run of eight matches unbeaten in the third tier, and have climbed to 8th in the table as it stands.

Striker, Armand Gnanduillet is their talisman up front, having already scored 12 times in all competitions this season, with former Liverpool midfielder, Jay Spearing and former Newcastle goalkeeper, Jak Alnwick also currently among Blackpool's ranks.

Ticketing details and a date for the match is to be confirmed, and the club will confirm exact fixture arrangements in due course.

Worst possible draw on 16:29 - Dec 5 with 328 viewsspell_chekker

Date & Prices Confirmed For Reading Tie

Match To Be Played On Saturday 4 January, 2020

Blackpool will travel to Reading in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday 4 January, 2020.

The match at the Medjeski will get underway at 3pm and tickets will be priced as follows:

Advance purchases:

£10 for Adults
£7 for 65 and Over
£7 for 18-24-year-olds
£5 for 17 & Under
£3 for 12 & Under

Matchday prices:

£15 for Adults
£10 for 65 and Over
£10 for 18-24-year-olds
£7 for 17 & Under
£5 for 12 & Under

A further announcement will be made once tickets are available to purchase.

Worst possible draw on 10:23 - Dec 6 with 319 viewsspell_chekker

Keeping half an eye on our third round opponents.

Reading are at home on Saturday agaianst mid table Birmingham.

Worst possible draw on 15:08 - Dec 6 with 313 viewsLala

If we’re up for it then we have every chance of you winning this one.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024