Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Ward 13:18 - Dec 28 with 536 viewsjanegallagher

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Grant Ward on 13:39 - Dec 28 with 529 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Interesting signing, suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury a year ago, not played since it seems. Might take him a bit to get match fit.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Grant Ward on 13:43 - Dec 28 with 525 viewsjanegallagher

Could be a fantastic signing, you have to take risks in football.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Grant Ward on 13:50 - Dec 28 with 524 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Agree Jane, could be a cracking signing, but after that injury and no football for a year, don't think it's fair to expect too much too soon.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Grant Ward on 13:58 - Dec 28 with 521 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Grant Ward says 'no' to Rotherham United and joins Blackpool

ROTHERHAM United have lost out in their bid to bring old boy Grant Ward back to AESSEAL New York Stadium.

The Millers had been in talks with the free-agent winger and last week manager Paul Warne said there was "a good chance" the player would return to South Yorkshire.

However, Ward has chosen to join Rotherham's League One rivals, Blackpool, who this afternoon announced the 25-year-old had signed an initial 18th-month contract.

Ward impressed at New York during a season-long Championship loan from Spurs in 2015/16 before spending three years at Ipswich Town who released him in May.

He is fit again but hasn't played since damaging cruciate knee ligaments on Boxing Day last year.

Rotherham made him a good offer that would have put him among the club's highest earners.

Blackpool chief executive Ben Mansford said: "We are delighted to have signed Grant. There was a lot of competition for his signature. Grant is a young man with his best years ahead of him."

Ward told Blackpool's website: "I've spoken to the manager and the owner and they’ve welcomed me with open arms.

"I’m coming to a team that wants to progress and the owner wants the area to do well. I'm excited to be part of it."

The Seasiders - five places below the Millers who are fifth in the table - are the visitors to New York on New Year's Day.

Warne, who wants to sign an attacker, a wide man and possibly a defender in the January transfer window told the Advertiser last week: "I really like Grant as player and I really like him as a kid.

"He's athletic and if we were fortunate enough to be promoted he could definitely play in the league above. He's definitely one I am looking to try to bring in."

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,grant-ward-says-no-to-rotherham-

Grant Ward on 14:01 - Dec 28 with 519 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Grayson: Delighted To Bring Grant In

Manager Pleased With New Signing

Manager Simon Grayson has expressed his delight at adding Grant Ward to his Blackpool squad.

The attacking midfielder, who has spent four years playing in the Championship, has put pen-to-paper on an 18-month contract, plus 12-month option.

“I’m delighted that we’ve been able to bring Grant in,” Grayson said. “He’s a player with proven Championship experience and he offers versatility in those attacking positions, both centrally and wide. I’ve spoken to a number of people in the game about him, including Mick McCarthy, and they all speak highly of him.

“The move is a sign of our intent to do business early in the transfer window as we look to strengthen and keep improving the squad.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/december2/grayson-delighted-to-bring-gra

Grant Ward on 14:10 - Dec 28 with 516 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Grant Ward on 14:20 - Dec 28 with 510 viewsspell_chekker

Welcome to Blackpool Grant.

Pretty much a championship regular for 4 seasons before being injured.

Everything is very good indeed except the only unknown being his comeback from injury.

Grant Ward

Grant Anthony Ward (born 5 December 1994) is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger for Blackpool.

Personal information
Full name: Grant Anthony Ward
Date of birth: 5 December 1994 (age 25)
Place of birth: Lewisham, England
Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Playing position: Winger / Midfielder

Club information
Current team: Blackpool

Youth career
2011—2014: Tottenham Hotspur

Senior career
2014—2016 Tottenham Hotspur: 0 Apps // 0 Goals
2014 Chicago Fire (loan): 23 Apps // 1 Goal
2015 Coventry City (loan): 11 Apps // 0 Goals
2015—2016 Rotherham United (loan): 40 Apps // 2 Goals
2016—2019 Ipswich Town: 94 Apps // 8 Goals
2019— Blackpool 0 Apps // 0 Goals YET!!!!

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Grant Ward on 14:21 - Dec 28 with 506 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Grant Ward on 14:24 - Dec 28 with 504 viewsspell_chekker

Grant Ward on 14:25 - Dec 28 with 503 viewsjanegallagher

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Grant Ward on 14:32 - Dec 28 with 499 viewsspell_chekker

From the little I've just read about him and the few video clips I've seen I'd hasard a guess that he could be a member a a fluid and interchangeable front three.

He'd need to up his goals per game ratio a bit though.

Grant Ward on 16:15 - Dec 28 with 489 viewsLala

Obviously well thought of by Rotherham and different times now if we’re managing to fight other clubs off with our offers.

Will stick my neck outside and say he’ll have an positives impact once he settles in properly 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Grant Ward on 19:06 - Dec 28 with 483 viewsspell_chekker

This must be the first recruit made by our new scouting system.

It could be good.

Enthusiasm is tempered by Scannell. A championship player who's never really come good since his big injury.

Grant Ward on 08:54 - Dec 29 with 470 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool new boy Grant Ward says he's excited at the prospect of helping the Seasiders realise the ambitions of owner Simon Sadler.

The 25-year-old arrived at Bloomfield Road yesterday on a free transfer, penning an initial 18-month contract with the option to extend by a further year.

The former Ipswich Town man has previously spent three seasons in the Championship and that's where he wants to return, but this time with the Seasiders.

"I'm delighted to be here," Ward said following his move to the Fylde coast.

"I had a look around and it seems like a nice place. I spoke to the manager, the players and the owner and everyone's welcomed me with open arms.

"It's a bit different for me going to a team that wants to progress and wants to put money into the club.

"The owner is from the area and he told me he wants Blackpool to do well, so it's exciting to be a part of it.

"I'm just excited to get back to playing now. I've been out for just over 12 months now (with a knee ligament injury) but I feel good and I've been training at Ipswich, so I feel like I'm ready to go.

"Maybe I need a few training sessions but I feel fit, I feel ready to go.

"I want to do well and do well for the club and hopefully get promoted."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/grant-ward-gunnin

Grant Ward on 09:06 - Dec 29 with 466 viewsspell_chekker

Just for the irony, I'll say he'll get a sub's appearance on New Year's Day away at Rotherham.

Full debut in the cup next Saturday at Reading.

Has anyone got thoughts on what position / role he'll play?

Grant Ward on 09:31 - Dec 29 with 463 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Can't make up my mind about that Spell. I'm guessing he might slot into the Kaikai role, depending on match fitness and Kaikai's injury.

Grant Ward on 12:28 - Dec 29 with 458 viewsspell_chekker

It's a strange one and at the same time it's going to be interesting seeing how he fits in to things.

A quality recruit if it comes off regarding his injury but don't we really need left sided players?

With our new backroom team, surely we're targeting certain types of players to build a squad that can play in a certain style / styles.

Not just stockpiling players because they happen to be decent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024