Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer musings. 19:46 - Jan 3 with 1690 viewsEsox_Lucius

The club is now in the business of selling our best players if the money is right. A not unexpected stance given the financial disasters preceding this statement. Right now the money being talked about for Eze is around the price that most people wouildn't feel aggrieved with. Along with Eze we also have Chair, BOS and Manning all being spoken of as being players we could return handsome profits if they go.
In the event that we lose all four in the January window there would be the very real threat of a relegation battle, especially as Wells and Hugill would have lost their main feeds for goal chances. With all that in mind, I began thinking would it be better finacially for QPR to gamble on keeping these players for a further season with the thinking being that their price can only go up if they carry on improving the way they have this season?
Imagine if we head into Jan 2021 transfer window with all our defensive frailties addressed but still maintaining our irresistible forward play which may or may not have taken us into a realistic play off / promotion scenario. This would almost guarantee that the prices we could ask for the above players would have increased considerably as Championship players and even if we went up and didn't spend, the money would secure the future of the club for a little longer and we would get relegated with the team that got us promoted. Welcome to the yo-yo years.
The downside would be that the players didn't improve sufficiently and we could only get the going rate for average Championship players and little chance of putting a promotion push together.
The spectre of selling our best players and the money being wasted, followed by relegation still haunts my thoughts, it is not like we don't have form in that arena, hence my preference to keep what we've got as we would really struggle to get anything better without wasting the money on the sort of player that got us in this mess in the first place.
Over to you guys.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 20:40]

The grass is always greener.

Transfer musings. on 20:59 - Jan 3 with 1586 viewsrsonist

"In the event that we lose all four in the January window"

Probability of a flurry of mid-season bids all at once all matching our valuation (which would, you would imagine, take into account the difficulty of finding immediate reinforcements) for young players not ready for prime time is minimal.

Transfer musings. on 21:05 - Jan 3 with 1580 viewsrsonist

Does anyone recall the finer points of what sort of FFP state we're going to be in by next summer?

Transfer musings. on 21:47 - Jan 3 with 1474 viewsVancouverHoop

BOS and Chair aren't Premier League ready yet. The talent is clearly there but they're still raw. Eze and, perhaps, Manning are a different story. They need and are able to make the transition, but it'd be better for them and us if it was in the Summer.

Transfer musings. on 21:55 - Jan 3 with 1449 viewsNed_Kennedys

There is no chance whatsoever that QPR would sell all our best young players in one go.

Transfer musings. on 21:57 - Jan 3 with 1440 viewsNed_Kennedys

Really don't think Manning is ready for the top league yet: he's had half a season learning a new position and has a lot to learn about the defensive side of the game.

Transfer musings. on 22:13 - Jan 3 with 1404 viewsVancouverHoop

Yeah, that's why I put a "perhaps" in there. He is clearly adaptable though and a fast learner. Based on that someone might come in with an offer we'd be pressed to refuse.

Transfer musings. on 22:36 - Jan 3 with 1364 viewsdavman

If we sell more than one prize asset a season, we're doing this wrong. One to balance the books is the deal. It's what we did in the early 90s and if we need more than a few million from sales each year to balance the books, the business model is wrong.

So, £5m for Manning this window and £20m for Eze in the summer would do ta.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer musings. on 23:03 - Jan 3 with 1286 viewsEsox_Lucius

We will be dropping a £14m loss from the reckonings next season and have been in the black last season and probably the same for this seasons accounts so we should be in a good place this Summer. With the matchday revenue and the Royal Panda sponsorship, and others, we should be bringing in around £14-5m this season which ought to be enough to keep us in the black. If we choose to go into debt we should have the best part of the £13m you are allowed to lose each year, if not more as we have been good these last two years.
Enough to offer Eze a proper raise commensurate with his ability? and enough to offer Wells a decent salary in lieu of a transfer fee? Possibly. Wage control has been a major problem since the Prem days and the club will have to tread really carefully when weighing up potential against reward.

The grass is always greener.

Transfer musings. on 23:14 - Jan 3 with 1269 viewsGroveR

I think £5m for Manning is optimistic but thought £1.5m for Darnell was a good deal and he'll be a premier league RB next season so I clearly know nothing.

Transfer musings. on 23:43 - Jan 3 with 1197 viewsMatch82

Hopefully we put a promotion clause in there, might have a bit more coming back

Transfer musings. on 23:59 - Jan 3 with 1176 viewstimcocking

Yeah, as others have said, we wouldn't lose all 4 simultaneously.

20 million, happy days, 2 million, bloody disappointing. So far, you look at the sale of Smithies for example, Christ what a bad decision. We'd be top with Alex. There's being a selling club and then there's giving people away. So far, i don't remember us ever getting a price i felt was high enough. Not when 20 year old squad players i've never heard of seem to go for 25 million from some random European team.

Transfer musings. on 01:29 - Jan 4 with 1095 viewsMatch82

Josh Bowler maybe?

Transfer musings. on 15:30 - Jan 4 with 798 viewsDorse

That scenario is quite literally the most QPR thing to do.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024