Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great debuts 15:08 - Jan 7 with 8055 viewsAntti_Heinola

Following on from the praise for Masterson, what are the best QPR debuts you've seen?

Clive Allen's is an obvious one, but I wasn't there. For me, Gareth Ainsworth stands out, brilliant debut v Blackpool. Lee Camp, first time. Jamie Mackie's was decent.

Others?

Bare bones.

Great debuts on 15:09 - Jan 7 with 3697 viewsNorthernr

Didn't Mark Kennedy pop a couple of 30 yarders in on his debut v Crewe?

Great debuts on 15:11 - Jan 7 with 3688 viewsNorthernr

Answering my own question, that was his home debut. First game was the week before in a 2-0 loss at Stockport.

QPR team that day is a right collection of old shite.

L Harper, S Yates, K Rowland, N Quashie, K Ready, S Morrow, P Murray (G Kulcsar, 68), G Peacock, I Dowie, K Gallen (M Sheron, 78), M Kennedy

We won five of our last 38 games that season, didn't win any of our last ten, and still stayed up with a game to spare. Mental.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Great debuts on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 3665 viewsgazza1

Enjoyed Camps debut at Hartlepool or was it at Grimsby.

Great debuts on 15:15 - Jan 7 with 3666 viewsNorthernr

Hartlepool. Scene of the fat lad with the deckchairs incident.

Great debuts on 15:19 - Jan 7 with 3641 viewsMrSheen

Did Langley score on debut? He was no Kurt Bakholt.

Naah, just checked. Scored on his first start, a few days after his first sub appearance.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 15:22]

Great debuts on 15:22 - Jan 7 with 3625 viewsNorthernr

Full debut yes, 2-0 at home to Barnsley one Tuesday night. We had so many injuries and were in such rotten form Gerry told the groundsman to leave the sprinklers on all day to try and waterlog the pitch and get it off.
Think Langley had actually come off the bench the game before though, in a defeat at Swindon.

Paul Wright scored twice on his debut at home to Palace opening day.
Remember Sheron looked pretty good on his first game as well, though I think we lost to West Brom.

Great debuts on 15:22 - Jan 7 with 3613 viewsToast_R

Who was the young guy Redknapp threw on v Ipswich and he scored a winner in the last minute, celebrated like he'd achieved a life long ambition before never playing for QPR again?

Great debuts on 15:23 - Jan 7 with 3617 viewsMrSheen

Confirmed! Thanks, Clive.

Great debuts on 15:24 - Jan 7 with 3610 viewsNorthernr

Tom Hitchcock. Slung on so Redknapp could show the board how we were down to the "bare bones" and he should absolutely be allowed to sign some more strikers, then made him look a twt by scoring.

Great debuts on 15:25 - Jan 7 with 3600 viewsMrSheen

Tom Hitchcock, his one and only appearance. Still only 27, banging them in for Bedford Town, according to Wiki.

Kevin Brock! 3-0 at West Ham, opening day, 1987.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 15:30]

Great debuts on 15:31 - Jan 7 with 3564 viewsRassilon

Trevor Sinclair.
We were lamenting the sale of Andy Sinton and Trevor won everyone over with his debut.

Great debuts on 15:32 - Jan 7 with 3561 viewsNov77

Saw Clive Allen’s debut, but for me, for sheer excitement and getting you off your seat every time he got the ball, Roy wegerle’s debut was superb.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Great debuts on 15:34 - Jan 7 with 3548 viewsted_hendrix

I was at the County ground, Swindon with a work colleague for an evening game my colleague was/is an absolute Swindon nut right down to watching their juniors and reserves playing.
Emmanuel Ledesma was playing for us (league cup I think) and had a cracking game, my mate reckoned he was a superb little player and said in his eyes the only other player he's seen from an opposition team that caught his eye was Wayne Rooney as a 15 year old playing for Everton reserves.
I had a lot of time for Ledesma (and I was there for the hat-trick game).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Great debuts on 15:38 - Jan 7 with 3533 viewswindsorian

Paul Parker away to West Ham 1st game of the 87/88 season, he was fantastic absolutely loved watching him dominate bigger (stronger) players, always in my all time QPR 11

Great debuts on 16:00 - Jan 7 with 3467 viewshamptonhillhoop

I was at Gary Waddock's debut, when he was 17. Can't remember who it was against but I think we won 4-0. It was 41 years ago!
Was also there for Clive Allen's hat trick against Coventry but I don't think that was his debut
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 16:06]

Great debuts on 16:05 - Jan 7 with 3445 viewsngbqpr

Waddock v Charlton. Can picture him now!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Great debuts on 16:05 - Jan 7 with 3443 viewsjonno

Probably Stan scoring the first goal in a 3-0 home win against Forest.

Great debuts on 16:09 - Jan 7 with 3421 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Peacock and Tilson in a 1-1 draw at Derby.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great debuts on 16:10 - Jan 7 with 3416 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with Parker, Brock and Wegerle as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great debuts on 16:16 - Jan 7 with 3394 viewscyprusmel

I saw Rodney Marsh make his debut at Peterborough, we drew 1-1 and Rodney made our goal for John Collins.

Great debuts on 16:19 - Jan 7 with 3385 viewsaston_hoop

I remember Lee Cook being slung in for his debut v Brentford, not particularly great hopes for him but played excellently I think. Or m,aybe I'm imagining that

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Great debuts on 16:37 - Jan 7 with 3344 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Clive Walker - came on as we chased the win, and two minutes later fluffed a half chance and was greeted with V-signs, told to F-off back to Chelsea and cries of flasher as he ran back to the halfway line lives in the memory as the funniest.

Paul Wright signed from Aberdeen I think; scored both goals against Palace in the season opener and looked a right handful. No sooner on the path to glory and he’d f....d off back over the border.

Also agree about Parker’s debut, but MarkDennis was unplayable that day from left wingback.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Great debuts on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 3300 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gareth Ainsworth scored twice in his league debut for us in 2003. A 5-0 win over Blackpool. Can’t remember if I was there or not.

I think Martin Rowlands made his debut that day too, coming on as sub in the same game.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Great debuts on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 3269 viewsNorthernr

We won that in the kit room. Hottest day I can ever remember in London, easily 100 degrees pitch side, Blackpool turned up in an all black strip.

Great debuts on 17:22 - Jan 7 with 3230 viewsEastR

Shittu's debut at home against Bury after he had signed permanently (he'd been on loan before that - and been sent off a couple of times if I recall). I think we won 3-0 and nothing got past him all day.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024